GreaseSpot Cafe

Weenie Roast Roll Call & Post-Roast Thoughts & Pictures

Oakspear

Ok...so the source of the mysterious rashes from hell have been diagnosed....

Aparently, according to the dr. some poison oak was thrown on the campfire....(Cam any viney leafy things on logs that DON`T look like ivey, are suspect buddy :-)..

Anyways...the smoke of course got in their faces...on their arms as they roasted marshmellows and hot dogs....in their mouths from EATING said hot dogs...anything they touch within the first 30 miniutes of contact is then exposed....whew...you get the picture....

I found out that it can take up to a week for the symptoms to show...the GOOD news is...it cannot be spread...

Daughters eyes are beginning to unswell tonight so that she can see... little aaron...poor guy doesn`t want me to tell where HIS swelling has finally gone down...owey...everyone is feeling a little better...we found out that tea tree oil works wonders..

Thanks for your prayers and well wishes....

Mental note....Bring OWN wood for campfire at the next weinie roast.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Oak Pics

Got these from the Oakster via e-mail so here goes...

Oak with the falls behind him

1a.jpg

closeup of Oak from above pic...

oakw.jpg

Tame bird being watched by Herbal

bird.jpg

REAL tame squirrel eating out of Cameron's hand

tame.jpg

group with odd facial expressions

group.jpg

back of Rascal's RV

14th.jpg

What Rascal had to put up with during a long drive

kids.jpg

sudo

My impressions of the roast are thus:

It was great to actually be awake and get to chat with folks more than at past events. There is a sort of catching up going on as we shared our own versions of spiritual growth and simply enjoyed each others company. We've known each other for near on 3 yrs now and have shared in each others joys and sadness and that is what makes the roast unique (IMO). A year to catch up and visit, see how we're doing and how the kids have grown, to actually physicalize (?) the GS experience.

In other words hanging out n shooting the shi+ can be fun sometimes icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

In terms of what makes the roast work, heck just pick a spot n a date n see what interst ya garmer up, seems that a east coast thing could be held a bit further north and close by an interstate (I-75) and near enuf an E/W corridor to make driving simpler. I think we need to get Cathy a cabin all her own and maybe arrange to lose her kids at walmart for a day or two (somehow I think she'd notice). Any idears on spots?

Nooooo smart guy icon_wink.gif;)-->

The larger one is a Boy Scout emblem and the smaller a Webelos pin.

Although you can't see it in the picture, on my right hand is a silver ring with leaves and a dove in the center that I bought at the ROA in 1979.

The chain around my neck is holding up a Celtic knot design that represents the three aspects of the goddess. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oh, Mr. Dictator:

Can we move the Roast back to September? The folks who requested October didn't come...I have inventory the 1st weekend in October and am working at Mystic Fest the 2nd weekend

Maybe if we did it in the dead of winter the poison ivey...poison oak ...poison sumac and noxious insects would all be dead;-)

Seriously...Sudo makes a good point about it being hot and dry in tenn in sept.

But whatever weekend we decide ...I`m there.

I hear that Desoto State park in Alabama is gorgeous and well worth the trip....though I wouldn`t say no to fall creek falls again.

Somebody mentioned the state park in Kentucky where the caves are as a possibility as well.

I cannot wait.

Rascal.......

My pug Buddy says hi and he loves you!!! If pugs pray, I am sure he is praying up a miracle for you and your family.

Just a side thought about your kidlets.....I remember growing up within 500 feet of the SF bay, my best friend in 8th grade got a horrible case of poison oak (no poison ivy on the west coast. ANYWAY.....Jeanne got it in her eyes, the inside of her eyelids, her sinus's and all over her body......I didn't get a centimeter of it. Apparently, someone was burning it and she was an innocent bystander......a 1000 feet away. Has alot to do with natural immunity etc. Sorry about the kidlets, but as they say...."what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!!!" Tell them, just a bit of wisdom from auntie radar icon_smile.gif:)-->

ror

Thanks radar.....n thank your pug buddy for me will you? lol I will tell the kiddoe, though they are pretty much over it...the dr. said the same thing...the poison oak was inadvertantly thrown on the fire...course they all got it in their face and on their arms while they roasted their hot dogs...their mouths ...one poor kiddo had her eyes swollen shut for a day or two....(tea tree oil works miracles)

We have decided that the culpret was the kid with the worst of it between his fingers and on the INSIDE of his arms...where it is surmised that he carried the offending wood and plants......Josh (our guest) also the same child that was abandoned in the woods during the snipe hunt at the weinie roast LAST year......but bless his heart, he was so miserable this week that nobody had the heart to kick his bu tt.

His mother however might kill me...I don`t seem to take very good care of him when he is with me...lol

Maybe the powers that be are trying to tell ya something icon_eek.gif

Deep Etherial Voice that sounds vaguely like Morgan Freeman:

*This is Gaaawwwwd speaking lose the kid somewhere! Mankind will thank you lateeeer*

beep beep boop boop signing off now, ignore the man behind the curtain he just works for me...