GreaseSpot Cafe

I am going to Israel!

valerie52

Hi Everybody, icon_razz.gif:P-->

I am going to Israel on Sunday. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Pleae pray for the flight there and back, to be uninterupted and peaceful.

I am looking very much forward to going to Israel.

This is my first time. anim-smile.gif

Some people have asked me why I want to go where there is a "war" . icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I have already been in a war.

I was in Arabia, (where 22 of the terrorists came from), during a war. icon_frown.gif:(-->

I will take lots of pictures with my new Cannon Rebel digital camera.

We are going to Sodom and Gomorah, Messada, an ancient synagogue in the desert, the Holocaust memorial, The WALL anim-smile.gif and many other interesting places that are in scripture that will be happening in the future, or have happened already.

On Shabbat, we will spend the day in the Dead Sea, lounging and getting mud baths. anim-smile.gif

The water is VERY therapeutic.

When I get back I will be able to post my pictures, because my husband is taking the computor to get TOTALLY COMPLETELY cleaned out!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

The only thing I am saving is the address book!

I will be back the 22nd of Oct.

Love, and Shalom,

Valerie Knowles

valerie52

Edited by valerie52

quote:
I will take lots of pictures with my new Cannon Rebel digital camera.

Are Cannon's, or Rebels allowed on flights?? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> anim-smile.gif

You have a good trip, icon_smile.gif:)--> and yes -- I'll pray for the safety of your flight.icon_wink.gif;)-->

Have a great time. Am looking forward to the photos. icon_cool.gif

Note: Because there are fewer tourists, you may get flooded with souvenier vendors. Most of their stuff is not worth much. The best deals on good arts and crafts can be found in Tel Aviv. An exception might be T Shirts or sweat shirts you can't get anywhere else.

You must get a picture of yourself on a camel.

The wine they sell at Cana of Galilee is really bad.

You can find internet cafes in Jerusalem and Tiberias and log on to Greasespot and fill us in on your trip.

The food is great on those tour pacages.

Rev Cummins had an article in the way ragazine (mid '80s) regarding the true location of golgatha and the tomb, if you find that before you leave and go looking where he says it is, you might find it. Although the British site in their garden is really interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Valerie,

I'll tell you how to do it but it may seem overwhelming but just keep reading because I have a solution at the end...

You upload the pics to an http server like what your internet service provider Cox. net gives you just for using their services. Yep.. but first you have to know the address where to upload them (like http://members.cox.net/valerie52 or however they have it setup) then you use Internet Explorer and in the address line you type in: ftp://members.cox.net/valerie52 and you will be taken to your own private area. Oh, you'll have to enter the password but after you are there, you can copy and drag to your space.

Then, say, you've uploaded the pic redsea.jpg to that area, you post a note here and in the note you make it display the pic by including somewhere in the note.. {img src=http://members.cox.net/valerie52/redsea.jpg} only use the ""signs instead of the "{" and "}" signs I used in the example.

Now.. if that's as clear as mud.. just e-mail me the pics (sudo2u@gmail.com) and I'll post 'em fer 'ya, doll!

sudo

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Dear!! icon_redface.gif:o-->

I thought I had labeled all the pictures....

#1 is the southern side of the Wetern Wall

#2 is Mt Olives at AM when we arrived

#3 Filthy Arab quarters over old Israelite Tombs zoomed in

#4 Arab quarters from the City of David

#5 Russian Church next to Mt Olives

#6 facing south with Bouganvillia that grows very well over there

#7 Bulge in South wall zoomed in

#8 With Cemetary in background

#9 With Cemetary in background

More to come...

Thank you Sudo. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I wish there was a way that my labels would stick to the pictures...

#1 Holocaust Memorial, the origional one

#2 Torn Torah's in the Museum

#3 Bloody Torah that a Rabbi was trying to protect, they gunned him down icon_frown.gif:(-->

#4 same picture different lighting

#5 Nazi tugging on mans beard in camp

#6 Women were forced to do heavy labor also agaisnt Torah. The Nazi's did everything they could against Torah to disgrace and humiliate the people before they eventually killed them.

#7 Yisak Goldstein praying that this never happens again.

#8 Dome of the Rock.

#9 Dome of the Spirits.

Some believe that this is the site where the Holy of Holies was when the Temple was present. The Muslims have built this over it.

They do not like Jews or Christians being near it or having their picture taken with it.

We were able to get in, everbody else there was Muslim.

# 10 I am standing by Dome of Sprits I am facing West

# 11 Dome of Spirits I am facing East where Yashua will though the gates that the Muslims have closed up!!

# 12 Notice all the Muslims, We were the only non-muslims there.

# 13 Here is Muslims digging up under the Temple area looking for SOMETHING. Look at the grafitti....

#14 I did not use my flash for obvious reasons, it was a dark place, and look at this good picture of the sandbags they are filling up.

Valerie....you still look sweet as ever....am glad ya had a great trip to tha Holy Land, I went there several years ago wif me Mom, who is a devout Baptist, and had a great time as well,. Even brought back some Dead Sea water and sand , along wif some miniture wooden camels. I had a great time camel ridin' even tho they are'nt like mules! Great pic's and thanks fer sharing by way of Sudo,,, he makes a mean stew also!

The last picture is the cave of Tamuz, where the pagans would have sex with virgins at SUN rise, and later would sacrifice the babies and color eggs with the blood. icon_frown.gif:(-->

This was before David came and booted them out.

Christianity has adopted alot of stuff from paganism! icon_redface.gif:o-->

Can anyone explain how I can get my pictures from my computor to this web-site on this page?

I have many more wonderful pictures I would love to share with you all! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Thanks a BUNCH if you can!!

• 2 months later...