GreaseSpot Cafe

Word Promotions

jsamuel

Anybody know if Word Promotions has put out a journal issue or anything since June or if the Geers sent out their Holidays picture like they had at least the last three years?

Anybody think Chris was a different guy after the death of Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille than before? By the way, wise cracks really aren't what I'm looking for and aren't going to help me get the truth. In fact they can hinder the work of getting to the truth.

Thanks.

Edited by Pawtucket

quote:
By the way, wise cracks really aren't what I'm looking for and aren't going to help me get the truth. In fact they can hinder the work of getting to the truth.
In my opinion wise cracks can actually help get to the truth by introducing uncomfortable subjects cushioned with humor.

quote:
Anybody think Chris was a different guy after the death of Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille than before?
Well, before he was a bus driver flunky, while after he was a self-appointed prophet and the man with the ANSWERS.

Oh, I'm sorry, were you just looking for folks to say nice things?

Looking for helpful facts and the truth. Sober mind, stuff like you'd want in a court of justice.

"Do you prommise the testimony you are about to give is the ttuth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?" Then you do or you don't and a jury decides.

Your character is your character. Make it want you want. We know Who we all ultimately answer to. Well at least I know and believe all men will answer to the Judge of all men, the one True God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. "so help you God."

But I'm not anti-humor. I don't mean to give that impression. Look at God when He told Moses if Miriam's father had but spit in her face she'd be put out of the camp or whatever it says. Elijah and the false prophets of Baal. Jesus speaking of a hypocite with a beam in his eye beholding the speck in his brother's eye. I like humor in the right place. Just not when nothing gets done or it's too disruptive to others to work.

You want the truth? Go hunt down Geer and spend some time with him. Read Passing of the Patriarch. Do you really believe that the way to find the truth about the man is to post the question on an anomymous forum?

I hope you can handle the truth.

jsamuel, you sound like you know much more about Geer's activities than I do. What's he been up to? I don't know anything about the items you're referring to but it would be interesting to hear a little more about it. Moderately so - I'm not interested enough to go to the trouble myself to find out personally but I'd be happy to read more about it here.

I'm sorry about his wife, as I have heard about her illness second hand. Barbara always seemed like a nice person when I was around her.

I first met Chis 35 years ago, last saw him in 1986. He always seemed like a troubled person with personal problems that led to his dour demeanor and inability to interact naturally with other people. (I'm not making fun of him). I do feel his immersion in the Way lifestyle and responsibilities were a means to ignore dealing with his own problems. He always seemed angry with himself. He could be a good guy sometimes but most of the time he had a shield up, being the "tough" guy, that kind of thing.

I never saw a pre-post change in him myself, he was a very self conscious and self absorbed person all the years I knew him and not someone I would put a great deal of trust in. But like I say, he was a hard guy to get to know and with his attitude an easy one to ignore.

Socks or anyone, did you know him in The Way Corps? Did you know him before Dr. Wierwille died? Nobody who comes here receives his journal I take it.

I've read The Passing of a Patriarch many times. I never got satisfactory answers in The Leadership Tapes of 1990 by Craig and The Way International at that time. Nobody ever went over the details of The Passing of a Patriarch, if they even cared to, with exception of few points, which was like incomptent as a whole. You ought to hear what the Hendricks crowd says...no correction in it and Dr. really liked John Hendricks since he was 4th Corps and Dr. spent time at Rome Ciry alot. Huh? This answers questions? People refuse to think. I'm not starved for religious fellowship. I just want sane answers like hopefully any court of justice with competent jurors would take. Know what i mean? (Yes, I recently did jury service.) You listen things out. Think for yourself.

Well I am a thinker. And I don't want to just make up my own crap. What was said, why, etc. Deal with it. You have to deal with things in life or go the egomaniac route or be put under the thumb a lifetime.

Anyhow, back on subject I do want to know what I asked about. Thanks Socks and others.

Jim, oh boy. Are you really trying to communicate intelligently? Serious. Take what you said and look at it. In fact, think before you speak will you please?

"Hunt him down." Now what does this mean? Then what? It's so easy to spout your mouth without thinking. Then what? THINK. You have to be dilligent to get answers but you have to work with what is available, your resources, time, etc. Thanks.

I see I was edited. Pawtucket get over it. What are you afraid of? Is this the hypocrisy, fear, of The Way International after 1990 here in this forum all over again? Censorship, FEAR and avoid?

Is this a place to talk and get answers or for Pawtucket to act like he's God like Martindale did. Learn from your past Pawtucket. FEAR motivation and condemnation does not work.

By the way BIG TIME FREEDOM marcher here Pawtucket, will you please clearly show me what is accepted here and not? Or is this just a Nazi prisoner camp? Be fair.

I see that on the front page that you never change by the way, you have no problem at all talking about Mrs. Wierwille's alztheimer's disease. However you spell it. A while ago you have no problem at all showing how some guy killed himself, commited suicide on the front page.

Now I know this is your site. Why show the same unfairness and fear and hypocrisy you set this very site up for?

Edited by moddishwasher

quote:
by Jim

You want the truth? Go hunt down Geer and spend some time with him. Read Passing of the Patriarch. Do you really believe that the way to find the truth about the man is to post the question on an anomymous forum?

I hope you can handle the truth.

quote:
by jsamuel

Jim, oh boy. Are you really trying to communicate intelligently? Serious. Take what you said and look at it. In fact, think before you speak will you please?

"Hunt him down." Now what does this mean? Then what? It's so easy to spout your mouth without thinking. Then what? THINK. You have to be dilligent to get answers but you have to work with what is available, your resources, time, etc. Thanks.

Take your own advice jsamuel, think before you post. Jim gave some good solid advice, instead of posting on an anonymous forum, search for and find (the meaning of "hunt down") Geer and "then what?"...oh I don't know...ASK HIM what you want to know!

quote:

No, I'm not trying to communicate intelligently (rolls his eyes) I did think before I posted. Now it's your turn. Does it make sense to draw a comparison between a court of law and an anonymous forum?

quote:

It means exactly what it says. If I wanted to know the truth about a man, I'd find him, make contact with him and ask him. Then I'd try to perceive whether or not he's telling the truth. Did this method ever occur to you? Did you even make the attempt to find his phone number?

GreaseSpot is a resource, but not for finding the truth about a man. Many of the posters are honest and good people. A few may not be. Oftentimes the honest ones have to withhold information for various (and oftentimes good) reasons. So I highly doubt that you will get the *truth* that you seek.

Finally, let me make this clear, I have no love for CG. Based on what I've read, I would have no desire whatsoever to contact him. My gripe is with your attitude towards and expectations of GS.

Oh and BTW, your comments regarding BG to Paw are out of line. Paw walks a delicate balance between freedom of expression and the protection of the innocent. You don't know the *truth* concerning his motivations and responsibilities either.

quote:
Originally posted by jsamuel:

=================

(snip)

I've read The Passing of a Patriarch many times. I never got satisfactory answers in The Leadership Tapes of 1990 by Craig and The Way International at that time. Nobody ever went over the details of The Passing of a Patriarch, if they even cared to, with exception of few points, which was like incomptent as a whole.

(snip)

I reread the thing recently. You might do the same. How legitimate a piece of work is it? I noticed its prediction majorly failed to come to pass. Further, it's a spooky read. It also says vpw said there were only 2 top guys when vpw died-lcm and cg. Were they really more spiritual, or just more loyal?

(snip)

I see I was edited. Pawtucket get over it. What are you afraid of? Is this the hypocrisy, fear, of The Way International after 1990 here in this forum all over again? Censorship, FEAR and avoid?

(snip)

I also see you were edited-get over it. Paw doesnt OWE you an explanation. If you don't like the way he runs things, leave and post elsewhere. No 1's forcing you to eat here.

jsamuel:

"Socks or anyone, did you know him in The Way Corps? Did you know him before Dr. Wierwille died? Nobody who comes here receives his journal I take it."

I knew him breifly 1987-1991, meaning that I saw him at Gartmore House teaching a few Sunday services. I never spoke with him personally [or if I did I dont recall]. We took our twig there a few times, on Sundays. Again the teachings were 'cloudy' and a little difficult to understand his points. It always took a long time to go over it all and explain each teaching to the guys on our twig. We only went there a few times, as it took so long after each visit to explain everything to the 'babes'. They were just not geered on the level where a new-person could walk in and understand anything they said. "Way-Speak" was the norm, and new people just could not understand their vocabulary.

We did recieve his monthly bulletin while I was stationed in Scotland and functioning as the 'CC-of Americans living in Scotland'. He kind of seemed like most other corpse that I had seen around up to that point in time. I had more dealings with Chris Kent actually, meaning I actually spoke with him a dozen times. I think that by mid 1992 we had let our subscription lapse.

"I've read The Passing of a Patriarch many times."

I never saw POP until sometime in 1993, long after I had left Scotland and was again running a twig stateside.

J I agree with the above posters, Geer isn't THAT difficult to locate, why not do a bit of digging and call him yourself.

I did have POP read to me when it came out but our extwig coordinator wouldn't allow anyone to hold or read it for themselves but I do recall alot of confusion on both sides at the time which prompted me to quit attending twig.