"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" release date announced

Steve!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right after she announced the title, JKR announced the HBP was not

Harry OR Voldemort. She later clarified it was also not Tom Riddle,

and she wasn't playing a word-game to make it him.

===

My candidate wasn't even in the running, actually.

I had 4 suspects, and all 4 were way off. Amazing.

Actually, I need to reread, but I think the evidence dismissed the

actual one from consideration.

I'll know next week.

One of the three events in the Chicagoland area celebrating the release of the Half Blood Prince was 1.5 miles straight down the road from us.

During the wizards chess piece in this news footage...if you see a black robed player on the near left hand, lower side of the screen, that is our Joshua, dressed as Draco Malfoy.

And when the camera pans left at the end of the segment, with the reporter in the crowd...you can see Katryna and her friend's faces!

Mt Prospect Harry Potter

Click on ABC7 Video

(this link is only good for a few days)

Edited by Cindy!

quote:
Originally posted by rascal:

You guys gotta hurry up n finish it cause I am bursting to talk about it....all I can say is .... wow.

Ok, fess up did anybody besides me cry?

For the sake of discussion,

and preserving the "secrets",

you can open a private thread, invite us, and put "SPOILERS" in the title so people

still reading it. I finished it, and, by now, a number of people have.

I didn't cry-then again, I saw that coming after Book 5.

I do have 2 gripes which I think relate to the writing.

quote:
Originally posted by WordWolf:

For the sake of discussion,

and preserving the "secrets",

you can open a private thread, invite us, and put "SPOILERS" in the title so people

still reading it. I finished it, and, by now, a number of people have.

I didn't cry-then again, I saw that coming after Book 5.

I do have 2 gripes which I think relate to the writing.

I'm starting a (spoiler) thread in the Reading Room, where there isn't as much traffic, with a big warning for whomever hasn't read the book and doesn't want to know. I'd like to hear what people think. Plus I have a daughter who may want to join in.

Okay, I finished it.

I guessed at the Prince from the moment Harry got the book.

I truly wasn't expecting the ending. And it came so fast compared to other such scenes JK Rowling has written. But, after some thought, it all makes sense and seems "right".

I'm going to get mine today. It was so tempting to buy it in the airport at full price, but I already spent too much money this past week-end. Can't wait to read it so I can join the spoilers thread. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> It's tempting to jump down there and cheat, but I won't.

Ummm have you read any of the books dove? That might explain why you wouldn`t see the attraction ;-)

Lol, I was of the EXACT same opinion a few years back when some folks made some very astute points on a raging thread back on waydale.

I decided to proof read the books before allowing the kiddoes to be exposed to such spiritual trash...lol who`d a thunk that I`d a become an even more avid fan than the kiddoes:-)

I remember that thread. People were citing "The Onion" as proof that JK Rowling hated Christians and Christianity. That's like using the movie "Airplane!" to prove that automatic pilots are made of vinyl.

Yes Rascal

I spent some time looking through the first one at least until I could not stomach anymore. The spiritual kingdom does not hold any facination over me, I am well aware of their motives.

So while wee ones anxiously wait for the wee hours when a fictional tale of a wee wizard will be released. I'll be waiting also, for the risen Son of God to return.