GreaseSpot Cafe

Reggie White- Dead at 42

Hills Bro

I think he might have been an old school Baptist...He gave a speech to the Wisconsin Legislature a few years ago that contained quite a few stereotypes about minorities....I was mostly impressed that he didn't let his football success impede his faith and dedication to His God...I have to admire a guy who isn't just a "foul weather believer'....

quote:
[Reggie] White's spiritual course was changing

Philadelphia Daily News 12/27/04 Bill Fleischman

Reggie White's deep interest in religion appeared to go in a different direction after his playing days ended.

ESPN's Andrea Kremer had spoken with White several times recently about his interest in studying Hebrew. Kremer was planning to tape interviews with White about the subject next week.

"There were some things that he came to question in Christianity," Kremer said yesterday from Los Angeles. "He wanted to learn for himself how to read the scripture, and the only way to do that is study Hebrew.

"Reggie is someone who is true to his word. He didn't want to be taking other people's word for stuff. He told me he hadn't been in church in 4 years. He was on this journey to find out what religion is all about."

When CBS's Shannon Sharpe recently asked White if he was still in the ministry, White replied, "Shannon, I moved away from Christianity and started studying Hebrew because I need to know for myself what my life holds for me."

excerpt from PHILLY.COM

• 1 month later...