GreaseSpot Cafe

Las Vegas!!! er...we mean Washington D.C.!!!

Cindy!

new message:

Change of plans...now we are going to Washington D.C. instead....

old message:

Steve and I are going to Las Vegas next month...does anyone have any tips for places to stay, getting good airfare, good shows to see and/or do-not-miss sights???

Edited by Cindy!

The volcano at the Mirage is really fun to watch. The Luxor is gorgeous and like Circus, Circus has entertainment that is free at certain times. The Luxor is modeled after a pyramid and has an egyptian motif if you didn't know.

Cindy! I think it depends on your personal tastes what you want to see out there. The Excaliber has the mid-evil theme.

I'm glad your not going in July. Talk about hot! It gets over 115 degrees in July.

Have a good time and don't gamble more than you can afford to lose!

As a child, snow in Las Vegas was a living weather miracle!

You should see the piles of it that is meling here in Lincoln. I am filled with glee as it melts off the streets and makes driving easier by being gone. My new Saturn is even more awesome in the snow than the last one. More horsepower to get up slick hills!

Cindy and Steve I hope you two have an awesome holiday on your trip to Vegas.

Well now Las Vegas is having some flooding problems.

All the millions of dollars spent on flood channels and reservoiurs, they are overflowing.

It is the south west part of town that is flooding with muddy water in the street.

And there are alway the people that try to drive through it.

The news this morning showed a guy and of course he got stuck in the "river".

I am up North.

Lee canyon had an avalacnhe that killed a boy. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Overton people are being evacuated!

It is clear and windy now after 3 weeks of rain and snow.

WOW icon_eek.gif

I do remember the flash floods when I was a kid. The water would go up to the sidewalk and the cars would float out of the hotel's parking lot.

That is ashame that the new controls have not held.

We had a heatwave today. It was 28 degrees and I could forgo gloves in the parking lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...there's been a wrinkle or two, WN.

First wrinkle was a cub scout sleepover for our boys and a gifted competition for one of our kids....we got that handled through a very loving relative.

Then...next wrinkle showed up...although we have two free plane tickets and two free hotel nights anywhere int the US...flights to and from Las Vegas are not available for the dates we need to go.

Soooo...we are looking at alternative places to visit. New Orleans, Washington DC...anyone have any suggestions on DO NOT MISS sights???

I'm partial to Washington, DC--there are almost unlimited things to do and see there, many of them free.

I love New Orleans, too--depends if you're taking any of the kiddos. If so, I'd recommend Washington. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> If not, let me just say that New Orleans has the best restaurants I've ever eaten in, the street musicians are more talented than many I've paid to see, and March is a good time to go, before it gets so doggone hot down there!