GreaseSpot Cafe

10 Things We Don't Know About You

Shellon

This has certainly been an enjoyable thread to read. I think sometimes reflecting upon the things others don't know about us helps our vision of who we really are.

10. I took tap and ballet lessons as a child (Never learn't tree dacncing tho.)

9. I still hold the season batting average record in my high school.

8. I still love to go slick-legging ( a term used for dancing around these parts.)

7. One of my distant relatives was President McKinnley.

6. My great-grandfather was a preacher.

5. I still chat frequently with my first high school sweetheart.

4. I fell asleep while running a camera filming PFAL in Columbus.

3. I was a cook in the Navy and still enjoy cooking.

2, I was pronounced dead upon arrival to the hospital ( Due to an auto accident after a 4th of July Celebration.)

1. I still love riding mules and working them as I did today gathering firewood.

Littlehawk...Yer friendly tour guide to tha bourbin region of the bluegrass!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wore 2 different shoes to a school basket ball game.

I was a Master Skater in my youth

I slept under the CHristmas Tree waiting for Santa when I was 5

I went to a Midnight Madness sale at Lowes in my pajamas, and 50% off on a Table Saw, for my former husband

I tried chewing tabacco and was sick for days

dont upset my morning routines or I may not smile

My father is related to Gene Autry

Happy Trails to you..:)

I tried chewing tabacco and was sick for days

My father is related to Gene Autry

Happy Trails to you.. :)

I tried chewing tobacco once and was sick... but not for that long.

LAE, so, your father's related to Gene Autry.... but you're not? I'm :confused: !

tried chewing tabacco and was sick for days

I tried chewing tobacco when I was 11 to look a baseball player,

I was playing third base, got hit in the stomach with a line drive and swallowed it

No Ive never chewed it since.

In a sort of related way, in my way daze I had a roommate with a son about 12. I came home early one day and found him hurriedly scurrying about. Later that night I accidently found an open can of chew that had yet to be used. I emptied about 1/3 of it and mixed in cayenne pepper with the remainder, made it look as it had been, and returned it to its hiding place. The next day when he dipped into it in the backyard it was sort of fun watching his spastic gyrations and playing innocent :biglaugh:

I later found it in the trash.

I tried chewing tobacco when I was 11 to look a baseball player,

I was playing third base, got hit in the stomach with a line drive and swallowed it

No Ive never chewed it since.

In a sort of related way, in my way daze I had a roommate with a son about 12. I came home early one day and found him hurriedly scurrying about. Later that night I accidently found an open can of chew that had yet to be used. I emptied about 1/3 of it and mixed in cayenne pepper with the remainder, made it look as it had been, and returned it to its hiding place. The next day when he dipped into it in the backyard it was sort of fun watching his spastic gyrations and playing innocent :biglaugh:

I later found it in the trash.

THAT is Classic! :biglaugh:

It was my first year in rez at Rome City, Thanksgiving Day. We had the day off to watch movies in the chapel (or whatever they called it...it was a chapel) and graze on all the food that was spread out in the dining room for us. On a dare from my pal Rodney McB..., I took a little snuff. He gave me a styrofoam cup to spit in, but spitting didn't seem so ladylike and I sorta gulped instead.

Boy, was I sorry.

I was sick allllllllll night. Never again.