Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

quote:
Originally posted by Belle:

I was a member of the Barry Manilow International Fan Club

Say it ain't so! icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif:)-->

10) I'm a member of the Bury Manilow fan club. icon_cool.gif

9) Was fighting forest fires in CA when Elvis died. In his honor, we played Blue Moon Of Kentucky the way it was originally done -- bluegrass style.

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

quote:

I was a member of the Barry Manilow International Fan Club

Say it ain't so! icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif:)-->

10) I'm a member of the Bury Manilow fan club. icon_cool.gif

OMG! Both you and Belle seemed so normal in chat. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

ha ha ha ha ha...I just saw that I missed it was bury not barry...ha ha ha ha ha

Well funny thing is I didn't catch it until I went back to edit my post of yours. You know how when you copy and paste these things the italics looses it's thingy sometime? Well I came back to edit that and it was then I realized it was bury not barry. Have I told you more than you ever needed to know? icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

When I was 9 I was running on a beach (away from my big brother who had just thrown me in the water) and I fell to my knees. I couldn't walk.

After many hours, I was taken to the hospital where they had to do exploratory surgery. They found the back bone of a cat fish in the back of my heel the length of the doctor's thumb.

Even longer story. It got infected and I had to spend a week in isolation in the hospital.

I had a long conversation with Richard Farnsworth in the lobby of a hotel and never knew it was him. He was here filming 'Anne of Green Gables'. Richard played 'Matthew' in the movie.

Duh me icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

10. I modeled once in a fashion show.

9. I never tried pot until after I left TWI and wish it was legal somehow (but I'm a good law-abiding citizen - don't get me wrong.)

8. I didn't know Michael Hutchins had died until long after I left TWI (the 80's crowd, like Belle, will know who I'm talking about.)

10> I have never eaten at Alices Restaurant.

9> My balls are hairier than Pauls.

8> I know the number of Supermans phone booth.

7> I prefer tin foil hats over ten gallon ones.

6> I try to think a combo The Rain Man/Forrest Gump while contmplating scripture.

5> I do not care if my socks match. It's that washer effect.

4> I have actually met Crystal Gayle. Her hair is as short as she is tall.

3> I plug my ears when in the shower. The water sounds and feels different.

2> I am not The Walrus

and #1

1> I am Bruce Wayne.

100,000 > Bottles of beer builds a helluva pryamid

99,999 > Just one more.

99,998 > I still am dissapointed when I found out about Santa. All those Ma~Ma's he "Kissed".

What a womanizer.

99,997 > I don't roll down the car window when I flatulate {except during a version that would completely silence the bean & fire scene in Blazing Saddles.} It's to obvious to other drivers what just occured in the privacy of you vehicle.

99,996> I once thought I was adopted.

99,995> I stared only once with my left eye into a solar eclispe of the Sun its totality. 41 years later, i can close my left eye and at times see that episode.

Song, you're cracking me up, my friend!

Chas, icon_frown.gif:(--> Michael is just about the only singer besides Jim Morrison who looked absolutely HOT in leather pants! Wild how much we were in the dark regarding current events, isn't it?

Here's a few more of mine:

7. I don't fold my socks or underwear - Just throw them in the drawer

6. I don't think you could call my fitted sheets "folded" either - more like "rolled"

5. I wish pot was legal too, Chas. (even though I, too, am a law-abiding citizen)

10. I smell dead people.

9. I don't suffer fools gladly.

8. I believe that all generalizations are false - including this one.

7. I can recite Pi to 32 decimal places.

6. I too think that recreational drugs should be legalized and taxed, although I wouldn't touch them myself.

5. I can tie my own shoelaces.

4. I graduated Valedictorian from college, and I almost never even cracked a book.

3. Being class Valedictorian is only impressive the first few months out of college.

2. I can program a computer in 20 different programming languages.

1. If I could switch my bowling score with my golf score, I'd be happier.

8) I was saludictorian in the first, the second, the third, the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth grades. icon_smile.gif:)-->

7) After grade eight, our school closed and BOTH Sally Johnson and I had to go to a different school. icon_frown.gif:(-->

6) I once ran into a deer while cross-country skiing.

5) I prefer the static of the CB, to music on the radio when traveling long distances.

4) I like to hunt for ginseng, and morel mushrooms.

3) There are projects I started here at the house 20 years ago, that are still not finished.

2) I've got an over 400,000 mile accident-free driving record.

1) My favourite activity is to do nothing at all, all day long -- and after having done so -- to rest.

quote:
Originally posted by Shellon:

You ran into a deer skiing...........

oh

my

gawd

ROFL

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Yup. It was at twilight, at Gooseberry Falls State Park about 40 miles north east from here. I was on the trails, minding my own business and having a good time, and I spooked a big buck that was right by the ski trail.

He took off through the woods, and ran right into the next switchback that I was coming into, and while I did not actually come into contact with him, he crossed the trail about 6 feet in front of me, and I damn near hit his hind legs as he crossed over my skiis.

It was that close. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:

quote:
morel mushrooms

Are these the mushrooms that grow in cow pastures and does that mean you also think some things icon_wink.gif;)--> should be legal?

Belle -- Morels grow in the deep woods, not cow pastures! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> They are a delicacy in southern Indiana --- and more so since you can go to the same spot you found them once, only to find that they have moved to a different spot. icon_frown.gif:(-->

and morels are not to be confused with them there psylocibinic halleluiahcegenic type I think yer talking of! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

here is something I say nearly evreyday but no ONE believes me .

I LIKE BEING SINGLE always have.

in middle age no one my married or single friends believe me I am happy living with my cats and grown children and grands !

I am NOT a secret homosexual or into beasts for kinky reason or some such nonesense.

I like men I enjoy their company I think they are great!

I know how to deal with the car mechanic and change the filter in the furnance all by myself . I cook when I want for who I want . although many may KNOW these about me the truth is few believe it about me.

I do not want others to change for me .

I live without cable TV. always have. I like flannel sheets the fuzzier the better cause then I can see where the cat laid down his nest of furs , and avoid that area in the middle of night when I roll over. ok that last one was kind of eew sorry .