GreaseSpot Cafe

10 Things We Don't Know About You

Shellon

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
4) I like to hunt for ginseng, and morel mushrooms.

Morel mushrooms. What I'd give for a plate of them, fried up. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and my mom and her mom knew all the places to find them. Under power lines, logging areas that had been burned over. Under the leaves near the river after a rain. We'd come home with grocery bags full. My mom would string them and dry them. Now I see them in the gourmet section of the store and the're $8 for two or three little dried ones...

quote:
Morel mushrooms. What I'd give for a plate of them fried up.

here's another thing you all don't know ---

Last time I had morel mushrooms, all fried up good and proper -- was at Morgan Monroe State Forest where I worked in Indiana, and it was a side dish to a rattlesnake that had been killed earlier that day.

The rattler was a big one, and had been killed by the assistant manager of the forest. His wife was cooking it up, and we came in with a mess of mushrooms, and no one left hungry that night, after work!

PS -- rattler tastes like chicken!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Here are a few:

I have about 15,000 comic books (but I've never heard of "Cosmo the Merry Martian").

When I wsaw "Mary Poppins," I fell in love with Julie Andrews. (And, incidentally, it's "supercallifragilisticexpiallidocious," an adjective, not a disease!)

I sponsored twenty people/families in the Corps in the eighties.

I am a count. My father's side of the family hails from Upper Silesia (now in southern Poland). I'm also directly descended from Doge Manin of Venice and King Brian Baru of Ireland.

George

UH:

Sweet pickles with peanut butter??? Sounds weird, but then, I like peanut butter on hot dogs. This started when I went to an old-fashioned burger joint that used to serve "peanut burgers"--hamburgers with peanut butter melted on them. I figured, why not hot dogs?

Everyone thinks this is weird. I can't imagine why. Peanut butter's like the duct tape of the food world!!

Linda,you weren't the only one to have a crush on ol' Wally...I remember an old Alfred Hitchcock Presents or One Step Beyond episode where he was an operater of this giant computer named Agnes or something and 'she' kept giving him bad advise on his other dates because she was secretly in love with him...Anyway,I thought he and that guy who won all those 'Jeopardy's' looked alot alike...

quote:
Originally posted by TheSongRemainsTheSame:

quote:
ChattyKathy

quote:

Originally posted by TheSongRemainsTheSame:

now that leaves me 99,994.

Gawd helps us!

That reminds me of

# Noah and the Rainbow> Two of every creature, but what happenned to the "herb bearing seed"? I beleive that was the most grand of all smuggling operations ever conceived and accomplished.

Did you just go from "gawd help us" to a "pregnant herb seed" (what kinda herb dude) to a "smuggling operation"? And if so how did you get there man? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

(and your reply to Jim "whew lamb chop is a sock" icon_biggrin.gif:D-->)

Wally Cox wasn't in "Our Miss Brooks." He was in a show called "Mr. Peepers" where he played a science teacher.

An interesting note about Wally Cox is that he and Marlon Brando were lifelong friends. When Wally Cox died, Brando was the one who scattered his ashes. You wouldn't think those two would have anything in common.

I met Jerry Mathers (The Beaver) at a home and garden show where he was signing pictures. He wasn't drawing much of a crowd, nobody actually, and my wife and I talked to him for quite a long time. Very nice guy.

Ask me and I'll tell no lies.

I was a teenage pool shark.

I was expelled from very fine schools.

I once put a student in a half-nelson...and that was when I was a teacher...

I know who LaMont Cranston is...mu wa hahahahaha

I have never seen any of many of the most popular TV shows like Dynasty, Knots Landing, Friends ad nauseum, yet I know who the characters are...scares me.

I know Maggie's act was not premeditated.

I know who put the bop in the bop shew wap shew wop, but have reservations about naming the author of the ramma lamma ding dong

My kid son is in love with a chubby Jewish girl

I smoked Bel-Airs, Camels, Luckies, Winston, Marlboros, Kool Filter, Newports...but not at the same time...lol...and I ultimately quit, cold turkey, 26 yare ago.

I visit the chat room when the lights are out and no one is there...that's where the cheesecake went.

quote:
Sweet pickles with peanut butter??? Sounds weird, but then, I like peanut butter on hot dogs. This started when I went to an old-fashioned burger joint that used to serve "peanut burgers"--hamburgers with peanut butter melted on them. I figured, why not hot dogs?

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Taking sack lunch and backing slooooowly away..... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->