GreaseSpot Cafe

Death by Wine Enema

Pirate1974

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas woman has been indicted for criminally negligent homicide for causing her husband's death by giving him a sherry enema, a police detective said on Wednesday.

Tammy Jean Warner, 42, gave Michael Warner two large bottles of sherry on May 21, which raised his blood alcohol level to 0.47 percent, or nearly six times the level considered legally drunk in Texas, police detective Robert Turner in Lake Jackson, Texas, told the Houston Chronicle.

"We're not talking about little bottles here," Turner said. "These were at least 1.5-liter bottles." icon_eek.gif

Warner, 58, was said to have an alcohol problem and received the wine enema because a throat ailment left him unable to drink the sherry, Turner told the newspaper.

"I heard of this kind of thing in mortuary school in 1970, but this is the first time I've ever heard of someone actually doing it," said Turner, who led the lengthy investigation in the case.

The woman admitted administering the enema, but denied causing her husband's death, the Chronicle said.

She pumped 2/3 of a gallon of sherry into him, but says she didn't cause his death? I guess she was just expecting him to get a nice little buzz.

The husband had an "alcohol problem?" Yeah, I guess you could say that. You really gotta want some sherry awful bad to get it that way. Yikes.

On the news this morning the woman was quoted as saying that he gave himself the enemas and that he's been giving himself enemas for years. Says it started with his mother giving them to him, then he became dependent on them to be able to go.

Oh well, what a way to go, I guess.