GreaseSpot Cafe

Hunt Close !

excathedra

Isn't a great deal of the book about training a dog to hunt with firearms being discharged at close range?

I dunno. I can see where it could be useful in da way. As in, training certain cabinet members to not bolt and run to the door when linder accidentally discharges his firearm during some kind of "confrontation"..

:biglaugh:

• 1 year later...

Someone who spent a lot of time with Wierwille back in the day recently described to me even worse. W was much more cruel than simply using a spoon on dogs. More like kicking them hard enough to send them flying.

I found that incident, as relayed to me, highly plausible based on my observations of Wierwille's cruel narcissism toward his followers.

Modern day trainers worth their weight in salt denounce any training methods that use hitting, kicking, closeting, etc.

It's been proven that hitting an animal teaches obedience only when the trainer is around.. It's also been proven that the animals who were hit are no good for things like police work, rescue or companion animals...because they eventually turn.

I knew someone who hunted with VPW on several occasions over many years and complained about how badly VPW's dogs behaved - especially Tick!

(Besides, VPW didn't really train his own dogs - he had WC to kennel them and keep them for him!)

Again, a lot of preachin' and no practice!

It doesn't really apply to kids, but I do love to watch Cesar Milan The Dog Whisperer. Some of his techniques are really cool. The funny part in this discussion is that he never does anything remotely similar to the beating of children with a wooden spoon when training dogs. So VPW's techniques are treating children more cruelly than dogs.

I'm sure VPW wanted to train kids up with a pack mentality, though. Follow the pack leader unquestioning.

(snip)

Someone who spent a lot of time with Wierwille back in the day recently described to me even worse. W was much more cruel than simply using a spoon on dogs. More like kicking them hard enough to send them flying.

I found that incident, as relayed to me, highly plausible based on my observations of Wierwille's cruel narcissism toward his followers.

• 8 years later...
On 2/4/2004 at 8:48 AM, Catcup said:

VP gave such a demonstration to the 6th Corps. Showed how he trained his dog to obey immediately on the first command and said most people's dogs are better trained than their children. Suggested the same principles in raising kids. Tell them once and if they disobey, smack 'em with a wooden spoon.

I'll never forget the strange display down in Florida in the home of Bxx and Dxxxxx Mxxxxxxx when their limb secretary's little daughter failed to acknowledge my greeting when I said hello to her.

Literally no one was allowed to move until this child said hello to me. I had to stay there and watch while Bxx knelt in front of this kid and smacked her bottom until she finally said hello. We were there at least 45 minutes, no exaggeration. He would tell her to say hello, she would refuse, and he would smack her. Repeated God knows how many times. Tedious. Succeeded in getting the child to say hello, but more importantly, it did NOT change the child's attitude.

In raising children, we are after their hearts, not just the outward expressions.

Typical for TWI to have it so backward.

Treat the kid like a dog, get someone who will bite the hand that feeds it, IMHO.

But.... vpw NEVER RAISED HIS DOGS!

He farmed out all the work with the dogs to someone else on grounds.

He also farmed out all the work on his kids.

And people still take him seriously on the subject of training or raising EITHER.

Ephesians 6:1 and Proverbs 13:24 were the verses cited most.

If you don't beat your kids, it's because you hate them.  It's . .  THE WORD.

When you're small you'll forget most of it . . . it's just there's no transition period.  The TWIG and parental units keep doing the same thing whether you're 3, 13, or 23 if they could.

Problem is kids have reflexes even when they are small.  At some point you become the same size or larger, and you still have reflexes.  And those reflexes have gotten stronger.  THEN they learn to stop hitting you.

That's just how STUPID a cult follower is.  Leadership didn't tell them anything, so they just kept with the old information.

It is responsibility of the follower, not the leader, for their actions.

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Thats about right....beating your kid with a wooden spoon was the word of God until the lawyers said it wasnt.

Well... essentially lawyers explained the law and the risk if anyone were to file a lawsuit.

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Thats about right....beating your kid with a wooden spoon was the word of God until the lawyers said it wasnt.

Render unto Ceasar . . . Something something. . .

There . . . It's the Word!

Let not The Ministry be Blamed.

And they wagged with tongues

15 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Wow they have the same in depth spiritual perception that the apostle and Q15 Mormon Russell Nelson has.

He proclaimed that black people were finally good enough for the priesthood right as the whole BLM movement was spinning up.

Mormon leadership made similar decisions they attributed to God about Coca Cola, tattooes, and the LGBTQ+ community.

Apparently God also chooses to limit himself to both popular opinion and local laws.  Amazing how that works to protect the tax exempt status of organizations.

:rolleyes: