GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI and their alleged practice of witchcraft

IMF777

A posting I saw on another list posted by pjroberge. It made me pause to think:

quote:
I am currently writing a few biblical articles about wrong doctrine and practices that we did in TWI. After discussing the following matter with a fellow believer, we have come to some rather distateful conclusions about TWI spiritually.

1) Anyone who wills evil for another person whether believer or not,is working for satan.

2) Anyone who tries to control another person is using witchcraft to do so.

3) Witchraft is the operation of satanic power or the summoning of evil demons to do evil satanic acts.

4) When believers prayed for the destruction or evil to happen to those that left the "household", they were not praying to the true God, but were praying to satan and sending evil spirits or demons to hurt God's children.

5)The teaching that TWI and other cults have done about leaving the group or the "protection" of the household is a lie of satan designed to get people that left to let their guard down, and to allow the demon to attack the believer.

6) The evil spirit or demon group are called "destroyers", and if allowed to land or take root because of permission being given by

the potential target, the person will be destroyed as much as the demon is allowed to by the person being attacked.

7) The real protection from this type of attack is not from the bogus "household", but rather from the individual and their personal

operation of their gift of Holy Spirit and rebuking of the demon.

8) As I have stated in a previous article, the leaders of TWI have had their authority from God suspended, because they have preferred

to follow their new master satan instead.

Legal Disclaimer: This posting is my personal opinion and is protected by the 1st ammendment.

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I don't know as much as you folks that have been in TWI, it seems to me that praying for evil to fall upon someone is wrong.

And if either God or satan responds to prayers, then the author has a point I think.

A verse I have read in way stuff is John 10:10 which says the thief comes not for to steal, kill and destroy; I am come that they might have life....

Seems like those people praying for stuff the thief does is asking for his help to accomplish it....

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

Edited by Guest

IMF,

It's wrong...in nearly every religion it's wrong.

These are good points to get people looking at the twi doctrines, however.

quote:
Originally posted by oldiesman:

I don't think you're a bad person at all! On the contrary, I think you're a good person who thinks continual evil about certain particular people and groups.

You're a witch, aren't you?

Wrong...on both counts.

?????????????

I have heard that when people left TWI, that part of the shunning ritual was to pray for their destruction. Some of the documents I have read stated this practice.

I also listened to a woman named Donna M. saying to a group in public that a former way minister's daughter or grandaughter died in a plane wreck because he left.

This is a classic practice I have heard in several interviews that is used by cults to instill a fear of leaving.

Edited by Guest

ex: I have heard that phrase greasespot, but I always thought it meant the general presense of grease in a diner or cafe that seems to be everywhere.

Is there another inside joke I don't know about?

This brings up an interesting question and it's serious, although it sounds not. Serious.

When someone prays about a sports event, for the team of their choice to win, and the other to lose, does that fall under the same category as IMF is describing?

Like the World Series. For someone to lose, it probably means their team is going to make some errors. Some pitcher's going to have his balls knocked out of the park. The seamed ones I mean. so somebody's got to lose.

Really - then the pitcher gets dropped, loses his contract, heads for the minors 3 years later, turns into an abusive putz, wife leaves him, kids hate him, he becomes a drunk, and ends up in a flop house and one day gets hit by an Ice Cream Truck driven by a guy wearing a t-shirt bearing the name of the team he lost too in the Series and all of this happens before he can recover, write a book and have a talk show. Which adds serious insult to injury.

If we pray that both teams play their 'best' but the bestest play be done by the team I support, is that right? Losing coach rants in locker room interview after the game, hits photographer, gets sued and ends up driving an Ice Cream truck, which he enjoys but the owner of the company has investments in the team he lost to and has all his vendors wear their T-Shirts.

icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

In line, in line, it's all in a line. My ducks are all in a row.

They do not change, they do not move. They have nowhere to go.

James Taylor

Socks: I think it all depends on which time zone you were in when you prayed, and whether you crossed the international time zone while praying and your prayer was sent back in time or not. Also, are these prayers now subject to the laws of another country.....

Edited by Guest

IMF, we were told "you'll be a greasespot by midnight if you walk away from this ministry"... (that's where the name of this place came from)

(but we did have our free will)

OM: what are the dates that seperate TWI-1 and 2? (really, I don't know)

I'm on the outside, looking inside, what do I see? Much confusion, disillusion, all around me.

Edited by Guest

IMF, that was funny about time zones and prayers

from the cover page of greasespot cafe:

quote:
Our name is a lighthearted hijacking of a favorite phrase used over the years by Craig Martindale in his capacity as president and chief minister of The Way International. Referring to those who might choose to leave The Way, he frequently declared, "You'll be a greasespot by midnight!" - predicting that the devil would run over them in much the same way a car might flatten a possum on the highway, leaving what Martindale called a "greasespot" on the road.

ps. i don't think you can really pray for sports events

?

I have prayed for God to overthrow the words of people who were IMO doing evil to me. Once it was a boss who was religious. He ended up getting fired.

How about 2 Tim. 4:14 coupled with 2 Thes. 1:6?

2 Tim - Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works

2 Thes - Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you

Granted, different books/different contexts, but not mutually exclusive. That BS about praying for their destruction is just TWI full of hot air. Didn't happen did it? If that plane crash wasn't coincidental then neither was Don Wierwille dying of cancer.

Socks, remember that skit on SNL where OJ Simpson was the host and Walter Payton was closing in on his then record so he sticks a pin in a voodoo doll with #34 on it and Payton fumbles. Hmm.

IMF, "greasespot by midnight" was a phantom of bad things happening to you if you left TWI says LCM. For a fuller explanation click on the where the name came from on the GSC home page.

Oh, I see Ex beat me to it.

[This message was edited by johniam on February 24, 2004 at 17:31.]

Edited by Guest

myseestorEx, I thought that might be what OM was referring to, but since he was stating it I just wanted to make sure I got it from his perspective...

OM, this threat of death... the greasespot thing that Craig is famous for... do you think it just started with him or TWI-2? where do you think he got the idea? I remember VeePee saying many times "if you leave this ministry, you're walking out from under God's umbrella of protection..."

I'm on the outside, looking inside, what do I see? Much confusion, disillusion, all around me.

Edited by Guest

I was told that if I left the WOW vet field, the devil, adversary would kill me...1981...VEEPEE taught at ROA 1980, the years I was commissioned as a WOW, theme, born again to live, born again to serve..."that there was NO armour on a christian's back" ie..don't turn your back on

God...via turning Your back on TWI....only semanatics between all that and being a greasespot.

Paul contradicts Jesus's words in turning the other cheek, pray for those who despitefully use you, heck he contradicted his own words in Romans in being not overcome with evil, not recopmensing evil for evil when he prayed or wished out loud in his epistles that Alexander be rewarded for his actions...

I have thought that turning a holy God into a hit man or break your legs guys as wrong....who knows what god has in store for some...and what his will is for people.

To pray for people to be harmed is wronged in my opinion and sticking verses on it, adding god's name or the closing of Jesus' name doesn't make it any right or better, it is still wishing evil and in essence, black magic.

And to pray for team sports can be considered working magic....and in different time zones then it's the 'prayer twilight zone' ;-)

The lightning-bug is brilliant, but he hasn't any mind; He stumbles through existence with his headlight on behind.-E.F. Ware, The Lightning-Bugsize font color>

While I don't follow Dale Sides he has a must listen to tape

called Christian Witchcraft, just contact Dale and he will send it to you, it really openened my eyes.

and BTW 777 have you ever been in TWI?

I was never told to pray for something evil to happen to someone leaving or kicked out of TWI, but we were told that because they left or got the boot, that something bad would happen to them. I was in the way for 23 years and never prayed for evil to happen to anyone not even the so called evil doer.

And I still won't pray for anything bad to happen to ANYONE! EVER!!

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... too dumb to post pics http://gscafe.com/groupee/forums?s=9716057...a&ul=4846073735

quote:
... Some pitcher's going to have his balls knocked out of the park. The seamed ones I mean.

Talk about your Quote of the Day, Socks! 'Cause that one certainly made mine. ... Plus I had to clean off my monitor screen. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Carry on.

My own secret sign-off ====v,

Rational logic cannot have blind faith as one of its foundations.

Prophet Emeritus of THE,

and Wandering CyberUU Hippie,

Garth P.

www.gapstudioweb.com

Edited by Guest