GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI and their alleged practice of witchcraft

IMF777

quote:
Originally posted by johniam:

Mandii: quote:

who knows what god has in store for some...and what his will is for people.

Apparently you do.

WOW, johnyouare, what an astute statement. No where did I ever allude to knowing what God's will is for people....no where did I assume to portend to know...but you just saw through that and read into my post words that only you would know....

yes...I know the mind of God. Yes that is actually what I meant. God, I just love religion....and you know what else? Not only do I know the mind of god...I can do this seeing I am so speeshul.....

disappearsmile.txt

The lightning-bug is brilliant, but he hasn't any mind; He stumbles through existence with his headlight on behind.-E.F. Ware, The Lightning-Bugsize font color>

Edited by Guest

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMF, icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

The devil IS in the details! and I do remember that OJ skit, johniam. classic. Look where it got HIM!!!

Garth, anything I can do to get that monitor clean is my pleasure!

Exxee, I bet you're right.

I agree in general, IMF. I firmly believe there's a difference between the trust and faith taught about in the bible and the Magic of Believing. Believing is obviously the base level tool we use to do anything, be it eat Ho-Ho's or use the right amount of toilet paper at the right time. It's when we mix it up with "unleashing the power of GAWD" in our lives that honest sweat equity turns into Weird Science and we start to sound like the screen test for Dumb and Dumber that got turned down because it was too real.

In line, in line, it's all in a line. My ducks are all in a row.

They do not change, they do not move. They have nowhere to go.

James Taylor

Tom -- twi-1 I am familiar with. (I left in '85). Twi-2 was a new one to me when I first came here. Never knew there as a difference, until I started reading, I thought they just continued in the same old B.S. vein.

Ex is correct, (I am thinking) twi-1 = vpw, and twi-2 = lcm.

I first heard of the "fog" years here, and never knew pfal was "superceded" by "way of abundance, etc., etc., ad naseum, and that all came with lcm.

Glad I go out when I did. One twi was enough for me!! icon_eek.gificon_cool.gificon_eek.gif

I have as many bad things to say about TWI as anyone but please let's not make things up.

I never ~ never ~ never heard anyone pray for bad things to happen to someone. I have heard teachings against that kind of behavior more than once.

Were awful threats made that when people left they would die or have other terrible things happen? Absolutely. Did people take great pleasure in "copouts" dying or having terrible things happen to them? Absolutely. Does TWI threaten you that even if you are a standing wayfer but you don't give enough $$$ you will not be protected by God? Of course.

These are bad enough ~ and well worth discussing ~ but let's stick to the truth. How easy would it be to tell innies that the internet is full of lies ~ "Look, they claim that we pray for people to die! How can you believe anything else they say?"

I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

this past weekend really socked (wink johnnysocks)

my dear sweet boy was in a hockey playoff thing and one of the other boys (our center major scorer) is having sad sad family divorce problems and it's just too long to get into it

we lost every game

i prayed for two things -- that my kid (goalie) would not take too much responsibility on himself and have low self-esteem -- and that my other little sweetheart would be able to get through this time in his life

winning and losing seems so "nothing" compared to the heart of a person

?

I'm sure that any praying for people to die, be "turned over to satan" or otherwise made in to unusable pork-product is done in private. anim-smile.gif

In line, in line, it's all in a line. My ducks are all in a row.

They do not change, they do not move. They have nowhere to go.

James Taylor

What about this song about washing your feet in the blood of the wicked. Weren't those that left TWI considered copouts or wicked?

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

It seems to me that witchcraft is a deliberate decision to fellowship with the devil. TWI didn't teach that. True, their one liners were self serving (you can have whatever you want, etc.), but that's not witchcraft.

Remember, IMF, you're dealing with a guy who believes there was jizz in outer space.

Johniam:

quote:
Remember, IMF, you're dealing with a guy who believes there was jizz in outer space.
Huh??? Who are you talking about?

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

Edited by Guest

It seems like certain twi people would rejoice in iniquity at times. TWI fails to practice 1Corintians 13:4-6. TWI would dwell on the adverary too much and in doing so, unwittingly glorify the devil. But is this practicing witchcraft?

1 Corintians 13

4 Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

5 It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

6 It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness...(Amplified Bible)

how true

i remember all too well certain people who seemed to think that the devil was so difficult to overcome

it was enough to make a person wonder who's more powerful

God or the devil

one thing was abundantly clear however

if something bad happened to YOU then YOU missed revelation from God or YOUR believeng wasn't strong enough or some other damned thing

but

if something bad happened to THEM then the devil was out to get them because of how great THEY are and all

as i understand it things like this got even worse long after i quit going to twig regularly

no wonder people voted with their feet in droves

I think the practice of witchcraft refers to even Christian groups (and I don't know if twi would fit into that category anymore) that practice control and manipulation by operating (really being under the influence of) the Jezebel spirit or demon.

There are some good books on this subject that describe twi's tactics to a tee. Just PT me if anyone would like some titles, authors, etc. (most of the splinter group mogs still practice the same thing).

WB

Asked why he began studying Greek at age 94, Oliver Wendell Holmes replied,"Well, my good sir, it's now or never!"

What is religion if not magical thinking?

What is magical thinking? Basically it's the idea that if you say something, it may come true. Like if you say, "In the name of jesus christ".

To demonize witchcraft is to show magical thinking. How so? If one believes that there is an unseen enemy that must be dealt with...and that there are times when dealing with that unseen enemy requires one to say something like "in the name of jesus christ I cast you out", then that is nothing more and nothing less than magical thinking.

TWI did not/does not have a corner on magical thinking.

If one holds onto the idea that what one says has power, one is holding onto magical thinking.

Call it "witchcraft" or "operating holy spirit" or "calling on the name of jesus", it's all the same thing...no matter what one must tell oneself to feel better, or more "godly", than the next person.

?????????????

Edited by Guest

I DID hear a person teaching.... they had prayed for folks to die....the folks did....it was held up as oooh wow look how great his believing was....we were all so impressed....

Also...second hand about some leader praying about some submarine that ended up sinking...cannot recall the details...but it was definatly ok to pray for evil people to die.

CW,

I disaTOTALLYgree with your opinion on that subject, that what we can see with our physical eyes is all there is.

But, praise God, it's certainly your right to your own opinion and I don't consider it my mission in life to try to change that for you!

With all best wishes,

Take care,

WB

Asked why he began studying Greek at age 94, Oliver Wendell Holmes replied,"Well, my good sir, it's now or never!"