GreaseSpot Cafe

"Doctrinal" threads -- poll

pawtucket

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paw,

I voted to keep them here, specifically those that are heavy into TWI theology, PFAL, etc. I think is is good to have that kind of stuff here where it can be seen.

However, if something is a purely doctrinal or theological topic the Doctrinal Forum is probably the best place.

Goey

"Most of my fondest memories in TWI never really happened"

If I may ask a question....

Where on this site where would a person (very new to this site)looking for information concerning twi be most likely to look?

The question could be: whose best intrest would it be in to move threads from here to another forum...

IMO, this forum provides a broad base of twi issuses such as:

policies

doctrine

business practices

legal issuses

etc..

having all this information in one place could help a person seeking information concerning twi a more complete representation of what the posters here think about many aspects of twi.

The main site has a bunch of info.

I have a forum called Greasespot 101, which will have a number of vital threads. Suggestions are welcome. Wordwolf gave me a bunch of great possibilities and I should be working on that in the next week or so.

2027 said: Now I would not post there but I see a need for some For I did my share of bad mouthing the Way years ago but I move on

============================================

ya know, maybe it's cuz I have the flu and am pretty ornery but how is it that one comment can seem so condescending and self serving.

Edited by Guest

Shellon... awww... does it hurt and have a temp-a-chur? Here, take this... you'll feel better...

"Eat Me" said the snowman... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->SNOWconeSNOWMANornaments.jpg

It's hard to make that change, When life and love turns strange. And old.

To give a love, you gotta live a love. To live a love, you gotta be "part of". When will I see you again?

I voted for "Keep It Here", but I have some reservations.

I enjoy exploring doctrinal questions that go beyond things we learned in TWI. Those threads should go to "Doctrinal"

When a thread in "About The Way" goes into doctrine as taught by the Way, and related problems, I think it's okay for that thread to stay on "About The Way".

I agree with Tom in that I think Mike's threads should have a forum of their own. They aren't really doctrinal. Mike doesn't discuss doctrine. He simply proclaims a new religion based on his perversion of PFAL. Mike's threads are ostensibly "About the Way", but they aren't really. They are just evangelism for his new religion. He has as much as admitted he's only in the "About the Way" forum to get hits.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Guest

Steve,

It's "innie" hits that I'm interested in,

especially higher up innies like the WAYGB.

However, like I said many times, I'm thankful for ANY place to post,

and will cheerfully (sigh icon_confused.gif:confused:-->) go wherever seems best

for those who have to do the chores of administering this board,

as cheerfully as possible that is. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Besides I could use a rest, especially after last night.

I voted "keep it here"

Edited by Guest

Well, Mike has made his agenda clear. He is using Grease Spot as a recruiting tool. I still say his posts are one doctrinal squabble after another...

People looking for pro-PFAL material will find it. Doctrinal or other-wise...I say put them in doctrinal or a special debate forum...

Mike, you can always get your stuff to show up on a search engine...and you may be able to pay PAW for a banner ad or something...

and finally, the WAYGB will never say...Ohmigod, Mike, we see the light! Come to HQ and teach us! ...but, you keep soldiering on...

I agree with Steve and Tom. If someone is really just promoting their own agenda (we all do to a much lesser degree) then move it out of "About the Way". In the advertising business, a premium is paid for position. Allowing anyone to have preferential position (front page or prime time) as the Open and About the Way forums are, to constantly propagandize their agenda is beyond being fair. If Mike's threads are being kept there for it's popularity (largely due to the entertainment factor/people like to watch car chases), thats one thing. However, for him it pure proselytizing...I say move it to the back pages.

I'm not posting here for MY sake.

I'm reminding us all of our common roots.

I'm reminding us all of what we forgot or that slipped by us when we were in The Way.

I have no organization whatsoever to recruit people to.

I merely point out the treasure that we got in and amongst all the baloney we suffered. I can explain the why's and the wherefore's of all that suffering better than anyone else.

Edited by Guest

great input, thusfar.

I should interject that I won't start a "Mike" forum. Many complain about his agenda, doctrine and audience, but his threads are getting mucho hits.

Mike has already been informed that a move is inevitable. I am going to place this poll in multiple forums, just in case the "Doctrine" folk don't come in here.

Well, if a move is INEVITABLE, then I would place the Mike threads in a forum in the doctrinal section, and I would call it, "Idolatrous Pigswill."

Just kidding.

Seriously, move it to the doctrinal section, but separate from the docrinal forums that already exist: because they are not the same thing.

Just like the General section has "Open," "About the Way," and all the other forums (sic)...

The Doctrinal Section should have "Doctrinal," which is what's there now, and a section called "The Way's Doctrinal Legacy," or something like that. This would be the place to discuss doctrine SPECIFICALLY in light of the legacy of MISTER Victor Paul Wierwille and The Way International. Mike's threads would fit there, but it would be open to other threads as well.

Would there be crossover? Sure. Trinity threads would be at home on either forum.

But if you can have two political forumses (sic), then you can just as easily have two doctrinal ones.

note: in the interest of avoiding plagiarism: I stole "idolatrous pigswill" off one of Zixar's posts.

[This message was edited by Rafael 1969 on March 10, 2004 at 13:42.]

Edited by Guest

I think that if it is doctrinal that relates to Way religious doctrine you can leave it on the About the Way forum. However, if it is a doctrinal discussion that has nothing to do with TWI religious doctrine, then move it to Doctrinal.

Pawtucket,

You wrote: “I am going to place this poll in multiple forums, just in case the "Doctrine" folk don't come in here.”

WHAT! You mean they are allowed out on furlough?

Hey, then it’s not as bad as I thought then, being banished there.

Do you allow conjugal visits too?

"This forum is for discussion about the Way International and its leadership "

That is the description of this forum. Whether someone thinks the secret to eternal life, happiness, clear skin and bliss is reading old VPW books is up to them. It doesn't seem to fit this description though.

Editorial on my part: It does say "discussion." Some responses I've received here go over the line of discussion and are just plain ignorant. Name calling, etc. Would mind seeing them banished either.

Edited by Guest

Just Thinking,

I was just thinking that! Wouldn’t it be pleasant to have the worst name-callers banned! Pleasaant yes, but then they wouldn’t get to say even the little thoughts they have.

As for my posts on PFAL, I’m constantly pointing out that SOME of the problems were due to leadership on all levels, even down to unofficial leaders who were simply mature and doing some guiding of others.

I know that at first it’s unpleasant to hear it’s not one villain that’s to blame for everything, and that WE must accept the blame for some things, especially how things went on the field before during and after the meltdown and in every splinter group, BUT LATER ON that unpleasantness can subside when we see that our part in the fiasco can be EASILY corrected by coming back to PFAL and catching up on what we missed.

If you look at my posts in this light, they are very much on target and About The Way.

Thanks, Paw!!!!

My understanding was that the "About The Way" forum was for discussions about what happened in TWI, the actions of Wayfers, particularly leadership, especially the BOT/BOD. Those actions were often because of what we were taught, and just as often in spite of what we were taught. Any discussion of doctrine is only used to understand the activity.

If the purpose of a thread (such as Mike's) is to disseminate a doctrinal point of view, and any discussion of TWI activities is secondary to the purpose of expounding on a religious point of view, then that thread should be moved to Doctrinal.

I liken it to another website I visit, on Lyme disease. There is a discussion forum for Medical Questions, and another for General Discussion. If someone poses a non-medical topic in Medical, they are politely reminded to move it to General, so that those who really need medical info will have their post stay on the front page to get it seen and answered. I think one of the best things that the "About The Way" forum does is help those that are hurting or confused about their TWI experience. I hope that those topics would have their time on page one, without being bumped prematurely by threads that don't belong.

Thanks for all you do, Paw, I know it ain't easy!

Shaz