GreaseSpot Cafe

What's New at theway.com

Pirate1974

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this website you speak of?

And, I liked alot of the music in The Way back in the seventies and early eighties. I disagree that it was all a bunch of "stifled creativity". I liked Pressed Down, Joyful Noise (except for "We're On God's Team"), Bob Stanley, and Branded. And I loved "The Redemptions", although they only were together for a short time for the gag of it I guess.

I loved "Pioneer on a Love Frontier" (the pedal steel in there was awesome), "Believing is The Key (to puttng Wings To Your Prayer)"-beautiful accoustic guitar in that one-wonder who played that part? And "The Old Brownstone" is still a major favorite. What a mind picture that song painted of those young kids in the city, and in the darkness of this world, whose "lives had been changed by the Lord Jesus Christ!"

And The Captain Of Salvation is high on my list of all time favorites, for I almost went down in the North Atlantic on a freighter when I was sixteen in a "near perfect storm". When I heard Brian Bliss do that song for the first time, it brought me to my very knees and in tears, for God had rescued me and the song was beautiful and powerful. And what was wrong with "We Are Sons Of God (With Power)? I can't think of a thing wrong with the lyrics, and the music and vocals were way powerful..

Also there was the Seventh Corps band, Glad Tidings which was very very good. Oh yeah, and then there was all of the cool stuff that JN did at PFAL 77, "The Chicken Or The Egg", "Changed", "Like an Eagle (PD). And how 'bout "All The Little Children (Need God's Love)" by Pressed Down? No no no. I love music, I do music, and there was lots of great music back then.

It got really "candified" by the time I left though, and really was pretty nauseating. The women all got very "frumpy" as someone else already mentioned. Looks like getting kicked out in '89 was just about the right timing...

So what about The Way's website?

I checked out "The Wonderful Grace of Jesus"

clip and what surprises me most are the empty seats you can see in the opening shot.

LLP , an alleged innie, claims that "numbers are up (yet never provides proof) though the clip shows that the SNS isn't what it used to

be in terms of attendance. Guess TWI has created new present truth to adjust the meaning of "full house".

There was a time that if you were in like 100

mile radius and you didn't go to SNS you heard

about it. Looks like "more than a few" people

decided to blow-off the SNS scene or maybe

there just aren't that many people any more.

Of course I'm sure if the WayGB sees this

post they will most likely M&A whoever decided

to put up the clip who forgot that "attention to

detail".

"There was a time that if you were in like 100

mile radius and you didn't go to SNS you heard

about it."

Diazbro,

It was mandated that twi followers with 250 mile radius had to attend SNS once a month or year???

I was about thrilled and thankful to be 265 miles from twi HQ! Having to go there even once a year would have been too often.

In the words of "Higgins" from Magnum P.I.

OH-MY-GAWD!

I just went to that site and saw and listened to the music. The choir in the weird dresses just sounded like any boring church choir to me, but that "band" made the "We're On God's Team" album by Joyful Noise sound like acid rock in comparison! It was just awful! I think that maybe this is the real reason people left in droves over the past 6 years! The only one I recognized was Deborah Sleeper Olthouse, although there may have been some other old friends there who just look too different to figure out these days. And, the dresses really were terrible. What a horrible bunch of religion that whole deal looks like nowadays. WAY far from any Way Ministry I ever knew...Yuck!!

And Tom Strange my-ahem-"friend", I left a message for you over in the private topics. And just what did you mean by that "wussie" comment?

Johnny,

I can't believe you are so shocked by how awful way prod is!!! Did you think that we have been exagerating how dead and creepy twi has become(IN MY OPINION icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->.)

Honest, it has no life,....just glad you can see it for yourself nowadays. Ain't the internet grand??? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Radar

I can see one turning point. Bob Stanley's 'It's Hot' was OK IMO. The subject matter was people hanging out benefitting from God's deliverance. It was a perfectly good contribution to "God's call to rock and roll". Then his next one, 'God First' had indoctrination/brainwashing (as Cherished child put it) all over it. Way prod was a lot better when it focussed on God's deliverance, even God's Team.

Yes!

The dresses pale in comparison to every bad bridesmaid gown ever worn.

Golly, if they were made at TWI at least get an updated pattern and some decent fabric.

I bet, if they did a proto type and asked, "What do you think?"

Everyone, afraid to be honest and in an effort to "remain positive", said how much they liked them.

Yoo Linder

Here are some nice Jessica McClintock Patterns. If one can longer show their arms, a nice jacket can be made. They have a retro look, like that of a more simple time but they are elegant. Also please let your people "feel" the music a little they look like an episode of Seinfeld (a comedian, you probably never saw as he was on felloship night) Anyway, there was a show with a person that did not move their arms. It was very unnatural looking.

Certainly to stand there like a verticle corpse is not going to market "joy".

Geeeez...

metrofashion-formal_1788_732088

metrofashion-formal_1785_495657

metrofashion-formal_1783_4824773

metrofashion-formal_1785_446162

metrofashion-formal_1787_733027

Now as far as movement goes, Michael W. Smith has a great video out with "movement" and the audience did not get possessed. They instead were joyous. Please study it. I have had it look at by the research department and they consider it "Christian".

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Boo...CN&item_code=WW

Anyone have a clip of them dancing? I cannot find one.