GreaseSpot Cafe

What's New at theway.com

Pirate1974

OK, I'm back.

Oh my, oh my.

Those green tent dresses are, well, let's just say the wardrobe person should be M&Aed for life.

Yes, when did these people get so overweight? One of the ladies in the green dress I swear was a lady named J.G. She was very skinny when I knew her, now, I really almost didn't recognize her.

Ok, singing ladies of the way - D.O. I still recognized - I bet if someone told her the singing ladies would be looking like someone from Tammy Faye ministries in twenty years future, she would have been appalled. Who are the other ladies? Was one from NYC named T**dy?

Their outfits - took me back to the '80s, early '90s days. Those loose outfits and huge shoulderpads - nope. We need to go modern, sleek, flair slacks, tight skirts - a trip to Lerner's New York or the Limited is in order. Let's move a head to the present decade.

The guitar player is actually a rock player. He needs to really let it out and rock.

Oh, they were all staged. They show the audience clapping beginning and end, but the performance was carefully videoed - not done live.

Cute little two step the ladies do - I got distracted counting the beats and figureing out that move and when to shift from hip to hip when the foot turned.

Well, they try. God bless 'em.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, as the old saying goes,

"It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings",

they certainly appear to have outdone themselves with an entire herd of them.

It's strange the way they hide their dowdy Casiotone keyboard players behind the shrubbery.

And that guitar player must secretly yearn for an 80s band to unleash those generic licks.

Dan - LOL! Looks like its over then, whaddaya think?

Excath - Yes, yes they do need dance lessons. Maybe hire Paula Abdul, John Travolta, or someone of that ilk to come in and give tips and routines. Maybe take a hint from Pink, Brittany, Queen Latifah (for the heavier ladies), or Madonna on how to upgrade their stage wardrobes and stage presence.

I noted one spot where the close up was on D.O. and she was flanked by two singers in a lovely pink. They must hold the record for smiling. The one on the left, the blond, got distracted and her smile slowly, slowly faded. Probably wondering what to have for dinner for the family that night. Someone must have motioned to her to come back to the moment and smile, because she finally woke up and realized she wasn't smiling and slowly put it back on again. Its pretty funny - that would be hard to hold that expression for that long.

I know what she was thinking about, because when my band does a song I don't like, I think about things like, oh, what should I wear to work tomorrow, or I hope I get home without a speeding ticket, what's my cat doing now, did I remember to give him his evening treat? little things like that. You zone out. It was amusing to watch.

Sunesis, Oh my goodness...Madonna

I can see it now:

Cone bras

Garter Belts

Lacie thong panties

Beds to roll on while they sing

Polls to wiggle on

The list could go on and on

What a treat for the audience and especially their web-site viewers.

i took a look at the video of the songs, and it looks like the singers didn't really feel that comfortable being up on stage. More of "I have to be." rather than "Sure is fun to do this." kind of thing.

Does anyone think that a freight train load of Geritol might help them??? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->