GreaseSpot Cafe

Does anyone have anything they actually miss about TWI?

smurfette

Okay - I'll be honest. I miss Corps Week and the Rock of Ages. Not because of the events or the teachings or the music - but because I could pretty much be guaranteed that I would see my old friends at least once a year because of those events. It was a way to catch up, keep in touch, and have a few good laughs.

I'd make a mental list of everyone I wanted to see and make sure that in those 2 weeks I'd get to spend a bit of time with them - or more.

I have more fond memories of HQ's in the summer than I do about any other experience in TWI. Summer School was always fun, too - hilarious things went on those summers I was there.

But - I was a teenager - free to do whatever I wanted to without a care in the world. Maybe that's why I remember them so fondly!

Can't say I really miss anything about twi.

The only good times I really remember are when we got together to do something that had nothing at all to do with teaching or witnessing or classes, like going to a movie or playing basketball.

Those times were few and far between, I'm afraid.

I miss some of the get togethers.

The "pot lucks"

going to the park

go the movies

that kind of stuff.

Actually, what I miss the most are the friends that I didn't keep in touch with...

I miss thinking I am going to a place where people care about me and they know how to pray for me and we are safe and loved together by a mighty God.

I have never felt that since.

I also miss thinking I was learning the best of Gods words from the bible and how it could apply to my life and make a difference for me and my family.

I still study and read but I have less ability to think it is all the truth and going to work without a doubt .

I miss the smiles of loving one another.

I miss knowing I was right about everything.

I miss being able to judge everyone else (at least those "below" me).

I miss being able to speak on behalf of the almighty.

I miss understanding what the afterlife is like.

I miss being able to blame everything that went wrong in my life on something (and often on something someone else did or didn't do).

I miss being able to sort everything I experienced as either right or wrong.

I miss all that was loving, honest ,forthright and comedic. ROA was always a time of longing fellowship, with old frienships, to be met. There was always a sence of total acceptance among friends and time did not deminish that.

I also miss the craziness of Twig. I hated stuffy meetings and with others go dancing afterward. Prior to POP the influence of H.Q on the Twig fellowship was minimal. So there was a lot of room for inspiration and creative activity. Nothing like running a PFAL class with the smell of beer on everyones breath from the night before. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I miss always having a simple answer to any question.

(Growing up sucks that way, sometimes.)

I miss the ROA phenomenon of meeting total strangers who had no titles

whatsoever and just wanted to bless the HECK out of each other.

(That was almost completely gone by '89, right after lcm drew his line in

the sand.)

I miss the twelve years I wasted on it. A drug habit woulda been cheaper and less destructive.

I almost mentioned some people I miss but they won't have anything to do with me now so screw 'em.

Or maybe it's just karma getting me back for the people I did it to over the years.

I too miss the ROA and I still miss all my friends that knew me for over 20 years and are not allowed to have anything to do with us anymore, mostly because of the lies that were told about us behind our backs, 2 still speak to us and 2 is better than none. Can't help it but I do miss them and pray they get OUT. I miss our wonderful fellowship that we ran in our house, we really were close but thankfully all but one family who were givin our twig left with us about 25-35 wonderful people some of them our kids. When the kids were told they had to have nothing to do with us they left too.

I miss our best branch coor. Dave Bergey although they left too but live about 1 and 1/2 hours away now so we don't get to see them as much as we would like to. I miss another best branch leader Steve and Diane Bowman what a blast we had with them, but thank God they are out now and I will go spend a weekend with them in Ariz.

Can someone post a thread about what we don't miss? I got more don'ts than do's. lol

I miss Twig (at least as it was until the 90's), where we could enjoy each other's company and pray for each other and teach each other. I miss seeing someone's eyes light up when it hits them how big God's love is for them. icon_cool.gif

I also miss some of my old friends. When I got kicked out, I didn't want any of them to get into trouble, so I fell out of contact. Now I call, if I can find them. Most can, and want to, speak with me, even the "innies."

George

quote:
Originally posted by coupcake:

MJ .. ok that made me cry... mostly because I do too. I hope you.. I hope we all can get that back.

(((((((coupcake)))))))) Think we have maybe received a bit of that back on this site and outside of this site too ? Working on it here and yeah I have and much more liberating this time around ! icon_smile.gif:)-->