GreaseSpot Cafe

The Worst Way Song

Raf

quote:
Guess I really AM the nerd around here...lol cause I LOVED almost all way prod stuff...

Me too Rascal. icon_smile.gif:)--> A song is a song is a song is a song, and always fun to pick along with. Some were better than others, but what else is new? I always did like Way Prod. stuff, even if it differed from my own musical tastes, simply for the fact that I could pull out the fiddle, or mandolin, or whatever, and try some new songs ---.

Plus -- they at least had "Word" lyrics vs. "World" lyrics. For what it is worth -- that was important to me then, as it is today.

Ted -- Thanks for the sharing/input! I can't believe you all did that on a 2-track. icon_eek.gif And yes -- your "best shot" is a good one.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Ken McCaw write a theme used for the olympics, or something like that?

I had an old tape of the Way Orchestra...the whole thing was out of tune...I probably still have it in the basement somewhere...I played the oboe for years, and have perfect pitch, and would cringe when I would hear them play.

Please, no offense to anyone in here who was in it...I'm sure you all did the best you could, considering you were in a cult. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Radar...my all time favorite was "Captain of Salvation"....like a lighthouse on the sea...set sail to ride the oceans of god's love...he'll give you shelter from the tempest, he's the prince of peaceful seas....

....it's no wonder we both live at the ocean, eh? icon_razz.gif:P-->

Hi Ted...I'm not much for country music, but, I do remember you pouring your heart, soul and guts out on stage...bravo for you!!!!!

Tref, an amusing (I hope) story of "the OlD White House on the Hill" (which I actually kind of liked):

In 1977, the year I was married, our LC had acquired an instrumental version of the album which contained that song and was using it as prelude music for weddings. So I agreed to let it be used for ours, since there weren't any lyrics to confuse the non-Way family members who would attend. We were supposed to march up the aisle to Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, but the sound guy got confused, and after an agonizing moment of silence at the bottom of the aisle, I marched to my marriage ceremony to the instrumental version of "the Old White House on the Hill." I'm sure my husband and I both had a "what the hell is THIS?" look on our faces! But that was nearly 28 years ago. We've recovered nicely, I'd say.

WG

Am I alone ? As bad as some of you think Way Productions was I still have a hard time with some of the current Christian music out there ?

!Just my opinion ok ?

Anyone here listen to the funeral of Ray Charles in LA yesterday on public radio ? OOOOOps Am I derailing the thread ? Sweet Georgia on my Mind !(Will miss that Ray ! icon_frown.gif:(-->)MR. Charles what a cross over musician and will

look up if he did any Gospel tunes. Anyone know ? I did learn listening to the funeral his son is a minister! Ray Charles my hero right next to the FAB 4 and others ! None in TWI though ! Way Productions had their limitations but did still manage to put out some gems that still move some.

Anyone remember the Way Orchestra doing the big band swing music back when at a ROA ? Anyone remember someone at ROA 74 blasting POCO'S music over the sound board when setting up in the afternoon ? Ok time to go now while I can savour some good memories of Way world ! icon_cool.gif

I liked Way Productions. Especially the barbershop quartet dudes! Just like anything else there was the odd non hit. Most of it had heart and a good message. I still have a lot of the tapes. My Mom ( not a joiner)went to ROA many times in the early 80's. She loved Ted Ferrell. Stiles were cool too.

Technically,

it's an IMAGE of him in the picture, but, yes, that's him. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Unless he's had plastic surgery done and changed all his features or something.

Then it's what he looked like BEFORE the surgery.

Who did you think it was? Lou Diamond Phillips? Antonio Banderas?