GreaseSpot Cafe

The Best Way Song

Raf

Okay, equal time...

I don't remember the name of the song. I think it was "I Love You" by Acts 29.

I know your heart

I know how hard you've tried

I know you're weary from the load you carry

You won't get very far

I am not condemning you

I never will my son

You're completely, completely, completely righteous

Now it's already done

And I love you, I love you, I love you

Can I say it a hundred more times

There's nothing you can ever do to change the way I love you

I love you, I love you, I love you

What else can I do

Love is what I am my child

And I can't stop loving you...

There was more, but I always had a soft spot in my heart for that song.

What about you? (And please save all the critical stuff for "The Worst Way Song" thread).

Speaking of "My Life's Dream," I remember being at a Heartbeat Festival in Albany, NY in '77 or so, hearing Cliff A. sing that song while his mom was in the audience, sitting behind me actually. It was one of the most moving moments of my life, really.

I'm sure Brother Socks was there....Maybe he remembers more about the story, but it was a powerful testimony to the touch of Jesus Christ. icon_smile.gif:)-->

On waxing nostalgic here....

Seems to me that many of our fav songs and earlier Way Productions had to do with Jesus Christ and how great he is. Somehow, that theme seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle...When we were all just excited about being saved, seems like life was much more better...and the music was good. icon_smile.gif:)-->

"The Price He Paid" and "It's Gotta Be God" - both by Dean Ellenwood.

IMO, both those songs could be played on any Christian radio station and no one would know they came from a cult environment.

I always liked just about anything that Dean, Joe Fair or Dan Moran wrote. They were (and still are, I guess) excellent songwriters. Sure, some of their songs were propaganda, but you could always tell the difference between those and the ones that came from the heart.

quote:
Originally posted by Hooner:

'That's the way the Eagle flies' -- I LOVE THAT SONG!! icon_smile.gif:)-->

That was "Eagle Inside".

No relation to "Like an Eagle".

Heh.

Some of my favourite songs either never reached the Bookstore, or came out after

people left.

Tom Burke's album "A Fistful of Scriptures" (which I got at an ROA) had some good

calls. I especially liked "I'll Never Leave You Alone" and "True to That Call".

"...Slow down for a moment, my wandering one,

Put your frail, tiny hand in my own.

When you were a stranger, I made you My son,

Did you think I would leave you alone?

I love you, yes I love you,

And I'll never leave you alone..."

========

"And Lord, may I always be true to that call,

I want to be part of Your story.

And Lord, may I serve You with all of my all,

Til I stand before You in glory..."

============

Let's see....Acts 29 songs I especially liked...

"When You Love Someone".

"Whatever it takes, Father, that's what I'll do.

Someone did it for me, now I'll do it too.

I'll find that special heart today...."

"God First".

"God said it? That settles it. I'm a believer, baby! What next, God? You betcha!"

Breakthrough.

I'm probably the only one who'll list "Same Old Lie." (It STILL is, for that matter.)

Billy Falcon.

"My Heart Is Fixed".

"Never Been Knocked Out."

"Heart of a Lion."

How about "Heart of a Champion?"

"I will never allow what I'm feeling to keep me from being what God's called me to be.

My emotions may come, and they may go, but God's truth is for eternity..."

So many of those songs still locked in and not just the Way Productions music but the fellowship level stuff written by friends of fellowships I was in too. k back to Way Prod. "Open your heart and just give Christ a try" He's in love with you he arose to set you on high" You'll never know till you know that you've tried, His warm and tender love always thinking of God's Son inside" Still sing that one ! icon_smile.gif:)--> Another one: If you could look into God's eyes. What would you see ? A Father's love so tender . so complete. yeah they are still there ! Oh and that Paul Vergillio's "THere's A Place in the Valley" Some hated but me I love it ! I may have the title wrong and of course there was Pressed Down and loved that tune Got a Connection Got a Connection hey hey I gotta a connection ! Think that was by John M. of TAKIT part2. "Way of Peace" by Joe Fair ! To my first twig leader Paul L.,That song you wrote and performed for us at fellowship is still a gem bro ! "Listen people to what I got to say now" ooooooooooh "you don't have to cry no more" yeaH Paul ! To another fine musician & song writer in that same fellowship your songs still touch me too dear lady ! Excuse me having a moment ! So much of my life wrapped in these songs ! icon_smile.gif:)--> Maybe I should compile a best of Cd ? Ok gotta go to some sleep now ! icon_cool.gif

Edited by dougie73

Raf ... that Bob Stanly song was my all time very VERY most favorite ever ever :-)

Also the one they did that started out real soft and sweet about being wows and moving to town...then explodes with loud rock type beat...lol loved it.

*We shall all be changed*...what a great one...George...

I liked *it`s gotta be God* so well dmiller, that I taught the kiddoes at church to sing it for some regional function, ...it was precious.

*my sould doth magnify* I can hear it now...beautifull...awww man you guys...every song each of you brings up...it`s like...oh oh man I loved that one too!! lol....

Another one...*Turn your eyes upon Jesus* sung by some lady on a roa teaching tape I had...vp joined her for the last verse...loved that one too.

Loved the kids music tape ....

a really oldie on some tape....wow or maybe ambassodors ...a group that had sam preyn I think had a song called something like *you are God`s masterpiece*

Ambassadors ..can`t think of the guy who used to sing it at roa dangit....

There was a guy in our fellowship ...Mike Novack... ...wrote and sang beautifull songs...my favorite *body of christ* maybe what it was called

The one about the blind boy..

I liked *same old lie* word wolf...*heart of a champion*...awww loved it

Actually loved most any of the music in twi with the exception of *beautifull ohio* ...ugh

Rascal,

that Acts 29 song was "He Needs You", I believe. It was the next-to-last song

on "It's Hot" (or was it the LAST song? I think it was the LAST song.)

Did anybody else "see" the story unfolding in "I'm Gonna Stand"?

Acts 29 did confirm that it was based on actual events.

I expected that-it sounded too familiar....

rascal:

quote:
The one about the blind boy..

Wasn't that one called It's a wonder?

Can't remember who sang it whough.

I like He gave me love from "America Awakes."

He made the sun shine for me each morning

When skies were grey

He made my feet find the promised land

When I'd lost my way

He gave my heart a new song to sing

A sweet melody