GreaseSpot Cafe

Martindale's new book

wondering

Sounds like 'ol Loy Boy is wanting to come out of his little 'ol cubby hole again. Have they forgiven him? Has he found new Revelation for the 'Masses'??? icon_cool.gif

Or could it be that TWI has started to run out of it's own personal TWI 'TP'for the old room with the half moon???? anim-smile-blue.gificon_biggrin.gif:D--> anim-smile-blue.gif

Wondering,

I bet you saw a copy of "Rise and Expansion of the Christian Church". Maybe it was reprinted with a new revision date.

I would be quite surprised if LCM wrote any new books since being defrocked.

Please find out the name of the book you saw and let us know. It would be news indeed if Martindale has a new book out and that TWI is publishing it.

Insurgent, do you know anything about this?

I heard it was calld "Tales from the Locker Room: or How to Look Good in Tights". The Chapters are

1. How to use a diamond bit to cut a peep hole into the ladies shower

2. Interesting pickup lines for the sauna

3. Dancing in tights 101

4. 20 Steps to Running a Multi-Million Dollar Corporation into the Ground

5. So, your wife is gay?

6. How to yell effectively

7. How to use friends and .... off people

8. Distorting the Bible for fun and profit

9. Getting away with rape (Advice for basketball players and rock stars)

10. A Home in the Mountains - Singing John Denver music all the way to the bank

Nope, nothing new. If they could take Loy's name off the book, I'm sure they would. It's very well done so they don't want to get rid of it. I would argue that it's inaccurate and often dangerous garbage based on speculation and ego, but it's very well done in that it looks scholarly and logical and reasonable.

It's funny how if you start with your conclusion and work backwards from there, you can prove just about anything you want. And if you present it forwards rather than backwards when you "teach" it to others, it will look very solid and well-reasoned - airtight to someone who doesn't have the desire or ability to look at it critically and pick it apart to see if it holds up.

That's the one thing I think LCM learned that VPW didn't always have a grip on. VPW presented his arguments from the conclusion and worked backwards, which is where the shoddy research and lack of a logical progression become glaring... if you're not inclined to worship him to begin with. Try re-rereading "Christians Should Be Prosperous" from this angle and watch how it falls apart. That is, if you didn't do the right thing and burn it.

So, they're only keeping it because it maintains the illusion of a scholarly research organization. It's a turd, but a very well-polished shiny one and TWI needs all those it can hang on to. It certainly isn't going to be coming up with any more in the future, now is it?

Doesn't it strike you as mildly ironic that the guy whose only "research

book" was called

"Rise and Expansion of the Christian Church"

oversaw an organization thru a decade, and it experienced a

"negative growth rate" of greater than -2000% ?

And this is the BEST they can offer?