GreaseSpot Cafe

John Lynn

pawtucket

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be sure to ask him what I was wondering about in the other thread.

That is, if he asked or approved Jeff posting that letter "to us",

and, either way,

how much of it accurately reflects his feelings at present.

If I'm going to smoke him,

I'd prefer to do it over legitimate problems, and not misunderstandings. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Paw - I still think it would be a good idea to set up an "About CES" forum, just like "About the Way". That way, John could discuss his involvement with TWI on "About the Way" and his CES involvement on "About CES". On all the other forums, he could just be himself.

It might make some of his transition easier if people can discuss (and vent) on specific issues at specific places, and just accept him everywhere else.

Love,

Steve

P.S. - If I know John, I'm sure he'll have some doozies for the humor forum :-)

quote:
LOL! I guess we are the choo choo goddesses of GS. Sorry folks!
Rottiegirl,

Another derail, but over the weekend I went to a friend's house and saw the cutest Rottweiler; had to squeeze his cheeks icon_wink.gif;)-->

So has John Lynn posted anywhere yet?

As long as he follows the rules, he's welcome to post here. Because he was near the top in twi, he may have some in depth information that he would like to share with us...perhaps not. Knowing John as I do, I would suspect that he will be conducting himself here in a manner consistant with a Christian minister...(you can read into that all you'd like). icon_wink.gif;)-->

In the meantime, let me know if kingOkie sticks his head in here...doubtful, he doesn't have the kahunas to post at the GS.

I agree that we should accord John Lynn the same civility that we would accord anyone else who posts here...no less and certainly not more. However, if he comes here to proselytize for CES as he did at another ex-way forum, do expect him to face some very tough questions and an examination of his mindset.

Just before moving to Chicago,(actually, the night before I flew out for the final divorce hearing) John was staying with some friends of mine and I came home to a message to call. It was late, around midnight, and he answered.

He offered help with a place to stay and stuff if I was moving to Indianapolis. There were no "if you do this" or questions about my spirituality...just a very kind offer of help.

I wasn't moving to that area, but was still touched that he made an offer.

John, if you do come to GS...there are those of us who think of you fondly and wish you the best!

I've never met John Lynn and, other than having read his, "Will The Real You" books, I know little about him. I know he wisely left The Way LONG before Martindale began his reign of terror---that's a check in the plus column for him, as far as I'm concerned. I loved his books and thought it was incredibly shallow of The Way to pull them from the bookstore. The truth is the truth.

I look forward to his appearance here on Greasespot. I think that he has much to reveal to us if we will show some restraint and listen to what he has to say. Welcome, John. Hope to hear from you soon.

CC,

Re:"I know he wisely left The Way LONG before Martindale began his reign of terror"

Better check your calendar. IIRC, JL left WayWorld long AFTER LoyBoy had taken over as pres.

No doubt rivalry between the two had as much to do with his leaving as anything else. I don't think there was any prescient knowledge required. He got fired, didn't he?

John Lynn, aren't you the spoiled rotten kid of rich parents from Indianapolis? Probably bought your way into the Way and plowed over anyone in the way playing basketball...The Way and V.P. Wierwille, just another road to Religious fundamentalism, did it do any good, very little...I'll bet, like any other Christian group, condemn condemn and condemn any behavior not seemingly spoken well of in the bible...two faced liars, there is no deliverance for homosexuallity, or any other sexually seemingly deviant thing...and no tolerance either, who says the bible is the word of god??? Wierwille, just watch your wallet for gods sake...christianity the ruination of our nation, that gave us George Bush...I was better off before PFAL even with all my faults and failings...PFAL the class of contraditions in every session...Speaking in Tongues, probably due to languages spoken in other lives, hmh!!!PFAL at least I know what it is? and stay away...never helped me get deliverance from crossdressing, cause coulda never discussed it cause think we're in as gays...I have no need for counseling, just need to vent, that's it!!!thanks...

George, I believe it took a few years before Craig truly started to terrorize the ministry at large. That's what I meant about J.L. leaving before "the reign of terror".

I know nothing about the jostling for power among the top leadership. There were, I've read (and been told), that a number of men in high positions felt they were immanently better qualified to have recieved the presidential nod over Martindale. Whether or not J.L. was one of them, and whether or not it may have factored into his exit,---I haven't a clue. It would be very interesting indeed to hear his take on the goings-on during that period of Way history.

Sugar Sugar, daha dah dah dah dah aaaaaaaaaaahhh

honey honey,,,,,

I predict a bowl of Captain Crunch with five pounds of sugar on it.

The earth had to wait 1900 years for the word to come back to full strength again. The earth is now also very impatient. Get it on man!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee's JJJJJJJJJJJJJJoooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnie

dah dah da dah da dah nana dah

From the first time I laid eyes on martindale, back in 1975, he was at the very least "auditioning", for the top spot in twi. He was a ranting lunatic, screaming, spitting, and bullying people at every opprotunity. As the "Director of the waycorps", he thought he HAD the top job already...the ONLY person he did not "speak down to" was Veepee himself. Going from director of the waycorps to prez only meant that he could now excercise control, directly, over the entire twi instead of just it's leaders.

There were numerous folks vastly more qualified than kingokie was...loyboy got the job because veepee confused arrogance for confidence and bullying for leadership. Veepee also loved the way that loyboy kissed his arse too...nobody puckered up for Vic the way loyboy did. Add his screaming, ranting "teaching" style to the mix and it was almost predictible that Veepee was gonna crown the okie...

I do think that JAL wanted the job and was probably ....ed when he didn't get it...I think he would have done a lot better job than lcm did, but then again, who wouldn't have done a better job?...There's this guy who got hit on the head with a crane hook (today they call him Slappy and shoot bullets at his feet to make him dance)...even HE would have done a better job at running twi than kingokie did... icon_cool.gif

Hairy you are one funny dude. If John Lynn decides to post here I am going to be nice and cordial to him. I have met him and I like him. I don't agree with everything he teaches, but much of what he teaches I appreciate. Personally, I think CES should give the 86 to their "Administrations" teachings, but we can leave that for the doctrinal forum. No, I will not give John Lynn a hard time at all on this forum. I will make a point of that.

However, like my earthy buddy Hairy implied what would really be fun is if King Okie himself would post on Grease Spot Cafe. Now that is one dude that might get his A$$ handed to him on a plate here. And it wouldn't even be out of spite at least not by me. With that giant ego that I recall King Okie has in some strange way this might even be theraputic for him.

Welcome JAL!!!!

I truly believe that each of us has our own certain calling and gift to this world.

Whether we agree with each other or not...

Whether I understand your way of thinking or not...

Whether you even "get" me icon_eek.gif

I truly believe JAL has a calling to reach the people he's suppose to reach in his very own special way.

(So do each one of us)...

And with this, JAL...I am still very thankful and grateful for your precious life...for the gifts you give to others...your talents and your flaws...

Love, Wacky xoxoxo

(P.S. Jeff knows who I am...you can ask him icon_wink.gif;)-->)