GreaseSpot Cafe

transcript from Way C of Bib Rsrch??

toto

Has anyone been able to get a transcript for their time in the Corps? Was Indiana Campus accredited during 6th Corps in-res? Am working on degree and college suggested I gather info just in case any of this stuff applies.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated....

Thanks,

Lynn

That's right InvisibleDan...and we can all thank Craig Martindale for pulling the plug on that bathtub filled with rancid swamp water. Had he played his cards right, they could have owned 5 or 6 colleges by now... king okie successfully dismantled everything that Veepee had put together...what WAS he thinking? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Thanks for the tip, White Dove. Was hoping there was a way to get around getting in touch with them, but it's been awhile and I'll just deal with it. Will call Monday and get the info. Who knows, maybe something will transfer in from the "school of hard knox". icon_smile.gif:)-->

Thanks again!

Lynn

toto,

I just spoke to a Registrar yesterday about this very thing.

The state that gave the acreditation, albeit it was not academic and had differnt critieria...it as still issued.....by the state of Indiana. Therefore, the Department of Education for the state of Indiana was supposed to have all records turned over to them when TWI schools went out of business in those states. However, after explaining to this Registrar the nature of this outfit, TWI, and its lawsuits and decline in census...she and I pretty much came to the conclusion it would turn up nothing....I am still planning to write Kansas and Indiana Dept of Ed to see what they do have. Otherwise get it of your records, or change majors to one that does not require those transcripts even if you have put it on some paper work. I have also got ongoing correspondance with the Records depts of the school I am attending as to my progress with this. I changed my major to escape the hoop jumpimg associated with WCofE transcript problems.

I wouldnt bother sending them any money though...theses clases dont transfer anywhere that worth anything.

Not only do they not transfer, but my transcipt came back with the wrong date of birth. So much for paying attention to detail. Too much time paying attention to "da tail" instead, by campus officials.

Also there are people that have told employers in my area that they have an accredited degree, which is not the case. One lady is working as a classroom assistant based on that fact. Way brain keeps her from finding out the truth. Hope she didn't sign papers to saying it is a real degree.

Hey Roomie!!!

I know I got a diploma somewhere from The Way College of Biblical Research, Indiana Campus - even though I only spent 4 months there.

If my memory is correct, they couldn't get Emporia accredited, so they gave us all degrees from Indiana.

When I went back to school, I didn't even bother, and I was still in TWI at the time. I figured it would only count as a couple of humanities credits and wasn't worth the trouble.

I thought someone who posted here managed to get something out of TWI's archives regarding their "degree". Don't recall who it was, though.

xoxoxox

(hope all is well with you...)

Hi guys

I worked as a receptionist at the Indiana Campus as late as 1997, and we would get calls occasionally from people requesting transcripts. Now maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but as I recall, the only thing we could send out was documentation that the person did attend the college. We couldn't send an official transcript, because the college was NOT accredited, and also because the "classes" were not measured by credit hours or by a standard grading system. Maybe this situation was just something that evolved in later years. I do know that Corps grads, whether still "standing" with TWI or not, can still aquire authority (from their state) to marry couples, based on their Corps training, but that's a different thing entirely from attempting to transfer college credits. -Pat

hiya tumbleweed and Hope---good to see ya--

the other thing is that our acreditation was anemic....were did not have enough volumes in the library...enough PhD's on staff etc etc....and on and on....at any rate...I do know Don Wierwille did try to get it up to a better standard, but it never did happen....Nick Maxson always feigned it was just fine even for the College Division kids too....facts was it was never the same kind of transferable credits.

Here's my 2 cents (and one for inflation).

As I understand it, a state government may give a school the authority to grant a degree. But a different organization (a regional one I believe) grants accredidation. That accredidation is what determines if the degree is worth anything as far as other colleges are concerned.

When the way bought the college at Emporia it had accredidation. They tried to buy it in such a manner that the legal entity (and hence the accredidation) would remain consistent - just the ownership and members of the board would change. This didn't happen and they lost the accredidation when the ownership changed. I believe they were misled by the sellers or their lawyers about it's possibility.

A year or two later they applied to the regional organization. They were visited, and inspected and were turned down. Part of the goal FYI, was because the GI bill paid tuition at accredited colleges for veterans, they wanted some of that money for veterans who entered the way corps.

When they bought the Indiana campus - which was a monestary (not a college) before they bought it - it turned out that the state of Indiana allowed almost anybody to give a "degree". So they started doing that. Accredidation was never even considered at that place to my knowledge so the degree was worthless in the eyes of anyone who knows anything about the college. Kind of like being mentioned in those Who's Who books that you pay to get your name in.

This is the kind of "recognition" that made sense to weirwille - after all, he got his degree from a paper mill and rode the title "Doctor" as long as he could.

3-cents,

Re:" Part of the goal FYI, was because the GI bill paid tuition at accredited colleges for veterans, they wanted some of that money for veterans who entered the way corps."

It never ceases to amaze me how utterly mercenary the whole organization of TWI was/is.

Another juicy tidbit...

quote:
Has anyone been able to get a transcript for their time in the Corps? Was Indiana Campus accredited during 6th Corps in-res? Am working on degree and college suggested I gather info just in case any of this stuff applies.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated....

Have you called Way Headquarters yet? They'd probably have the information you need to know, even though you may not want to deal with them ...

icon_smile.gif:)-->