GreaseSpot Cafe

Are you ready for this?

Research Geek

You are funny mj....are you upset because you are not the dominator? Oh well, I wish you well also, as alas, I find you incomprehensible...please in the future skip my posts if you find the innane pieces of my life so disgusting....because I seriously doubt that I will let you bully me into silence.

P.s. I find it amusing that how I chose to spend the hours of MY day and the condition of MY fanny upsets you so....rofl

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
I don't mind sacrificing something once in a while to help someone who really wants an answer. I dedicated my life to doing that for years. I've always been willing to help people who really want it.
i'm sorry catcup, i know you're hurt, but boy does this sound like condescending wayspeak

and all the good people who know your hearts, etc. i'm sure your hearts are good as i'm sure people's hearts here are good

you're angry that people questioned jon's and your precious time, but the precious time of the precious lives of people here is genuine too

more later maybe

take care

Am I the only one who finds it ironic tht a thread about forgiveness is so full of acrimony? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Rascal, the scripture in Luke that you keep refering to DOES SAY that if someone repents, you are to forgive him. There are also plenty of scriptures, some presented by me, Oldiesman, and others, that say it's fine to forgive someone who doesn't repent. So forgive whom you please; it's up to YOU.

ALL OF YOU -- PIPE DOWN and PLAY NICE!

George

quote:
To those of you who know us, and have contacted us outside this thread to let us know of your support, we thank you, and you obviously know how to reach us if you need to.
i don't quite understand. why would i need to reach you ? i'm on a discussion forum for excultists

why would i need or want to let you know of my "support" ?

seriously, what are you thinking ?

Psst--- ex--- the quote you have from me up there:

I wasn't talking to YOU.

You never contacted me outside this thread TO GIVE ME YOUR SUPPORT.

Nor am I asking for it. I am simply thanking all the people who HAVE done this.

Geeze, now I even get in trouble for THANKING the people who supported me?

It is REALLY time to go now.

sky4it

posted November 09, 2004 11:43

song:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The skinny is this. I think we need to let God know that we appreciate him as his role as God

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God being a "he" is a patriarchal aspect of"GOD" and their culture. There are matriarchal aspects, animal aspects, etc.

I beleive that God is able to put up with my ribbing him/her/dove. God knows my heart as well "he" Knows yours.

is this like a secret message ~~~ like a surprise party .... shhh i have the helium and balloons and confetti

AND GOD SAYS OH MY GOD

SURPRISE!!!

yepper

and thats just like you isnt it song, to throw around your sarcasm everywhere and then run away like your the pie surprise.

I am part braggadocio, part cynic, sometimes full o de bovine patties, a liitle insane but balanced by a little sanity, but I take supplements for my sanity, and my living room are many grains o sand and a band of ocean that meets the horizon that becomes the sky. Oh did I mention I am a smart arse who is savvy toward pious platitudes? a son, a father, a husband, a grandfather, a long hair rokker to the bone!!! If ya like to add to that, be a guest.

And then you accuse me of bullying?

I do apologise for that. Certainly you have been to games such as little league soccer and have been rude because of all the volly of action only to apologise to the offended one? Well, I have. Again I do apologise if I have offened you.

This is what you do when I post, you come around throw your crap.

i really do try to be without crapfullness.It's just that sometimes a thread reminds me of hanging out out the beach, attending a biker bar and shining on about the iron horses, etc the drift. This one reminded me of the flick "Gladiator" with a mixture of "O Brother, Where Art Thou", and other cinematic productions.

Oh, guess what, I changed my mind, the "WE" is more approbriate, Ive got a parrot on my shoulder. If you dont have anything positive or challenging to say, I'd rather youd just shut your mouth. Personally, I dont care about what you say anyway.

~~~Oh that is just lovely sky4it. Changing of the mind. Sometimes the kitchen here becomes pretty hot. I have burnt mine hand quite a few times~~~ but, I think there is a button somewhere that says to ingnore this poster.~~~

And I suppose their are many here who would vouch I can be the village idiot who has not learned to bridle his tongue in such a manner that I should be a saint of their calibur. And then there are the ones who can vouch, yepper he's quite a one who knows how to stand on a bar stool without flight to the floor, and still be an idiot. And then there are the rest of "we's" who just put up with the we's of me's and youses of us's.

Rok On sky4it~~~

Love & Peace

Song

Bill Withers - Lean on Me Lyrics

This song is to Every One!

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain

We all have sorrow

But if we are wise

We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

'Til I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride

If I have things you need to borrow

For no one can fill those of your needs

That you don't let show

Lean on me, when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

'Til I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

If there is a load you have to bear

That you can't carry

I'm right up the road

I'll share your load

If you just call me

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand

We all need somebody to lean on

I just might have a problem that you'd understand

Lean on me when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

Till I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

come on put your hands together and really hear and SING IT

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand

I just might have a problem that you'd understand

We all need somebody to lean on~~~

sing it all day long!!!

it's like the song that never ends

yes it goes on and on my friends

some people started singing it

not knowing what it was

and you'll be busy singing it forever

just because.............

it is the song that never ends

yes it goes on and on my friends

some people started singing it

not knowing what it was

and you'll be busy singing it forever just because..................

for all you Barney fans out there icon_wink.gif;)-->

WE NOW RETURN TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD

WHICH IS BECOMING UNBELIEVABLY UNFORGIVING

ROCK ON MY GOOD FRIENDS

wow rascal, you have total class

me percieves catcup is on too much on the defensive, one should not have to defend what one so vehemently believes in catcup

someone hasn't forgiven or else they wouldn't have taken this so too heart (read that in a sing song type of way) - PLUCK the beam from thine own eye (man I love to talk with that biblical accent, that sh@t is cool)

you know rascal: some people have to be controlled (ie: leaving a cult and joining another). one cannot really explain why another feels the need to do so. i guess it is just feeling safe, you know the old familiar comfortable shoe. some people are leaders and some are followers. those who have the need to follow or self-righteously lead, need to join cults in order to feel safe and in control (i know that doesn't make much sense to us, but to them it does in some deep phycological way ((oops hope the spelling cops are not around) i don't think i spelled that right (oh my god, will i be thrown off this thread???)

speaking of spelling cops, does it ever get on your nerves that some people on this site have made it a spiritual mission to correct people on spelling, paragraph style (that's what I like to call it - you know when their paragraphs go on and on and they never take a break you know what i mean grammer etc etc etc.

i think from here on out I will try to forgive those who make grammatical errors because going on and on about it is annoying to most people, you know how some people just seem to go on and on pounding the same point over and over and over again you know the kind that just get on your nerves with their self righteousness and how i wish catcup could see herself now on this forgiveness thread and she has the most venom of all you know how people just go on and on and i am just going to keep on and on until the paragraph cops or the period (end the sentence) cops come by and make me stop!!!!!!!. I know God would want it that way.

song:

thank you for the reply. I agree with you about the humor aspect and that God can take that.

At some point tho, I had thought that it had become personal, that is, that you were ridiculing me. I understand your sense of humor and poetic style. If you thought my posts were condescending

I apologize also. It is just that I do enjoy the discussions here at GS and how people dig in on there point of view. This is very challenging. I will certainly try and be more understanding of your peotic affable style and less stoic and rigid in my view of it. Perhaps and I think thats what it was.

Anyways rock on song.

Hi again,

I'm sorry that my work schedule is clobbering me. I've had a string of 12 to 17 hour days.

I took a look at this thead from a non-emotional, detached viewpoint and it actually was amusing to me in a way. The squabbling that has been recorded for everyone to see, to me seems to clearly expose that many really do need a dose of forgiveness and many really need to forgive as well. It really was a poignant question and I hope that it helped people realize where they were on the road to forgiveness, Just starting, near the end, mired down in the middle or on a detour to nowhere... Maybe we all really need the flack jackets as proposed early on...

But I did not write the Bible. Human nature has not changed since the spring of 27 AD when Jesus said "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." Now legally, I know that we are not held to that rule for our forgiveness since Jesus died and rose again (I John 1:9), however since human nature did not change after Pentecost in 28 AD, I know that if it was expected pre-penetcost, it certainly is possible post-pentecost... So I ask, if this is so, should we realize that ultimately, after all the water had gone under the bridge, that we still should find a way to forgive?

As we have seen so clearly exposed, forgiveness can be a difficult thing to give. Possibly, the most difficult things to give may also be the most valuable.

RG, I think I realize the tone of your original thread, and tell me if I am wrong. It wasn't from the viewpoint of being required to forgive, resulting in the debate as to whether people have deserved or earned forgiveness. It was about the idea of freely forgiving, because it will benefit the forgiver.

In other words...there is so much talk about whether or not we are required to forgive...but why not try it anyway even if you are not required, whether or not the person has earned it, because, again, it will help you.

I don't think we should tell people they have to forgive no matter what the hurt, but I dont think you were doing that.

Dear Lifted Up,

Forgiveness cannot be forced. If it were, it would lose its benefits.

I'm sorry that I do not have all the answers. I just asked the questions. It is apparent that this subject truely is between the person and God. I do not know all the details of peoples' situations, but God does. And if they are not ready to forgive, then that's the way it is right now.

If a person cannot "forgive" (enemies), then it is not possible for them to "give" (to friends). Think it through. It makes sense, even given the twi mindset once propounded to us all.

RG is not only making a good point, but is absolutely accurate, in stating the basic premise.