GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI-minister gets 6 years for sexual assaults

Bob

Sad that TWI is such a home for sexual predators, but is so even to this day.

Source:

Ex-minister gets 6 years for sexual assaults

quote:

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Girl abused 9 years ago in Voorhees

By RENEE WINKLER

Courier-Post Staff

CAMDEN

A former Voorhees resident who was a minister with The Way International was sentenced Friday to six years in state prison for sexually assaulting a young girl nine years ago.

Mark Naberschnig, 46, of Duluth, Ga., will serve the term at the state's Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center in Avenel, a facility for sex offenders.

The Way International is a nondenominational fellowship ministry that relies on biblical research, according to its Web site.

The victim reported the sexual assaults, which lasted from July through December of 1995, when she realized Naberschnig was acting toward other children in the same way he had behaved and spoken to her during the period he was assaulting her, said Assistant Camden County Prosecutor Howard Gilfert. The assaults occurred in Naberschnig's former home in Voorhees, according to Gilfert.

Represented by defense attorney David Sufrin, Naberschnig had asked Superior Court Judge Irvin Snyder to suspend the portion of his sentence that includes parole supervision for life. Compliance with Megan's Law mandates, he said, would make it difficult for him to return to his ministerial career.

Snyder said he had no discretion about supervision and registration of sex offenders.

"Every crime has a ripple effect that is felt for generations. To keep a secret for years is like a cancer that eats at you and weakens you. I think someone like you should be warehoused forever. You can't reverse the effects you had on this child," Snyder said.

"Naberschnig had asked Superior Court Judge Irvin Snyder to suspend the portion of his sentence that includes parole supervision for life. Compliance with Megan's Law mandates, he said, would make it difficult for him to return to his ministerial career."

Oh sure, the judge should make it EASY for him to go back to his ministerial career where he can have access to countless more children! Sheesh, what nerve!!!

quote:
sexually assaulting a young girl

quote:
was acting toward other children in the same way he had behaved to her

quote:
return to his ministerial career

WHAT??

How sick is Way Doctrine that these three statements can be put together?

The idea that he would even consider going back to ' a ministerial career' (can't he figure it out yet he might not be quite qualified??) or that anyone would ever even consider putting him in that position shows how skewed (or is it screwed..)that place is..

That place is abominable--masters of denial...

AWWwwwww c'mon guys - - don't be so hard on the guy!

He has to go back to a ministerial position! He doesn't have the intelligence nor the guts to try out a real job.....a ministerial position means he keeps his means of making a living! You know his congregation must support him.... you don't want him to starve to death, do you?

I think a minister should be allowed to go back to being a minister if:

1) They have child molester branded in their forehead

2) They are castrated

3) They are un-paid as part of their making amends to society

4) They do community service work cleaning garbage off the roads with a vest that says "Beware of Child molester"

• Like 1

I knew Mark way back when.....in another life it almost seems.

He and his wife Suzie were graduates of the 18th way corps and came on staff in the A/V department (can anyone say Joe Coulter) the year they graduated.

Suzie died in childbirth while the two of them were on staff at HQ, she was Joe's Executive Assistant.

Suzie was an awesome gal..she and I had many heart to hearts......lots of time chatting at meals and other times. She died during childbirth, and she and Mark were CRUCIFIED by lcm on the next corps night. She was too proud, too sure of herself, too uptight, too dishonest, wouldnt take naps, wouldn't this, wouldnt that.

One thing I remember clearly.....she and Mark met when she was in high school in Wisconsin. She was perhaps a sophmore, maybe a junior. Mark was her SCHOOL BUS DRIVER and was quite a bit older than she was, he hit on her...she resisted as long as she could but he was too cute. I asked her how her parents felt about him being sssooooooo, much older than she was.....she said she was too afraid to tell them...they never knew about their relationship until she was 18.

Apparently, Mark had proclivities long before he was caught. He should have been caught and jailed when Suzie was 16.....not 15 years later when she was dead and he had moved on to his next wife and her family.

I am sick about this.

ror

gosh radar how very sad

i never knew this person. i haven't really been associated with any perverts in twi since wierwille

quote:
"Every crime has a ripple effect that is felt for generations. To keep a secret for years is like a cancer that eats at you and weakens you. I think someone like you should be warehoused forever. You can't reverse the effects you had on this child," Snyder said.
thank you judge snyder

i have to add that i had kept a secret for years like a cancer but finally unburdened myself to one person, wierwille, when i was a teenager....

quote:
She died during childbirth, and she and Mark were CRUCIFIED by lcm on the next corps night. She was too proud, too sure of herself, too uptight, too dishonest, wouldnt take naps, wouldn't this, wouldnt that.
F you craig !!!! and i'm sure frikkin rosalie and donna and all your other twi precious leaders sat there and listened to this crap

quote:
Law Named After Megan Kanka of New Jersey

Megan's Law is a federal law passed in 1996 that authorizes local law enforcement agencies to notify the public about convicted sex offenders living, working or visiting their communities.

Megan's Law was inspired by the case of seven-year-old Megan Kanka, a New Jersey girl who was raped and killed by a known child molester who moved across the street from the family. The Kanka family fought to have local communities warned about sex offenders in the area. The New Jersey legislature passed Megan's Law in 1994.

In 1996, the U.S. Congress passed Megan's Law as an amendment to the Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children's Act. It required every state to develop some procedure for notifying the public when a sex offender is released into their community. Different states have different procedures for making the required disclosures.

The federal law was not the first on the books that addressed the issue of registering convicted sex offenders. As early as 1947, California had laws that required sex offenders to be registered. Since the passage of the federal law in May of 1996, all states have passed some form of Megan's Law.

Here are fact sheets for all 50 states and the District of Columbia on their Megan's Law legislation, from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children web site.

from http://crime.about.com/od/sex/a/megans_law.htm

so sorry mark about your career. this law should make it easy for people to find your twig

oops sorry you'll be doing prison outreach for a while

I remember when Suzi died in child birth. Just happened to be in hicksville when it happened. Didn't remember the names though, never knew them personally.

Not only did Craig crucify her on the corps night, he sent a tape of it to Mark and made him listen to it.

God! One sexual pervert slaming another one. How screwed up can a group get?

When was Mark ordained anyway?

Speaking of Megan's Law in NJ, wasn't Mark sent to NJ for a short time & didn't his baby survive? Seems to me at one point they took up a collection for him. He left headquarters right after her death. If this is the same Mark, I hope he gave the baby up for adoption, what more child abuse can you give your child than to grow up knowing your dad went to jail for abuse. THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS! IMO

Hopefully, someday all those who who have done these horrible deeds will be made to account for there actions.

It took a lot of courage to file charges and then go to court. Hopefully this mother and daughter can live there lives in peace.

WOW! Just when you think you've heard it all....

Does the depth of the corruption and evil never end?? TWI is a Grand Canyon of deception. How dare they make fun of the Catholics??

I'll wager that they don't tell anyone about this except those in the area affected. So, what's this poor schmuck going to do now that his cash cow has dried up?

Just reminds me of craiggers yelling when he was reading that verse from Psalms or Proverbs about their destruction coming swiftly and they don't see it coming. I guess that's one thing he did get right. So many evil TWIts have gotten destroyed, just not as quickly as I would have liked.

Real justice would include the other girls coming forward now and adding more years to this perverts sentence!

I do admire a Mother and daughter that have the guts to step forward. Chances are they are no longer "in" and that will be the spin spun from HQ.

Note to "innies", right and truth carry more weight with God than a fictitious household. Only when the brave that have truly been wronged step forward and take this to authorities will the abuse end. The portion of the bible that talks about not taking a brother to court is not talking about criminal activities.

LornaDoone:

". . . I hope he gave the baby up for adoption, what more child abuse can you give your child than to grow up knowing your dad went to jail for abuse. THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS!"

From my experience dealing with the state foster care system; this is not un-common.

Our current foster children were molested by one of their bio-fathers.

In fact when the state was lining up the paperwork for us to adopt these children, the courts found an 'error' in the documents that had originally terminated parental rights[TPR]. So the courts vacated the 'termination'. Meaning that after 3 years of never seeing their bio-parents, suddenly the state was scheduling monthly visitations with each bio-parent. All while the state was re-doing the processes to terminate the bio-parent's parental rights [again].

Of three syblings, they had one bio-mother and three bio-fathers, all four are institutionalized. The fathers are all in various prisons, while the mother is off and on again a resident of mental facilities [they let her out each time she is close to giving birth, since we have had these syblings, their bio-mother has given birth to two additional children].

Imagine being taken to a prison to be re-introduced to the father who molested you as an infant. Icck. All because he has parental rights and if he were only freed he could take you home with him.

It does seem to me [granted my current prospective on this issue is unique, dealing with foster children] that 'families' of sexual abuse are all around us.

It is terrible that there are so many people that have molested there own children as well as others.

IMO, one of the problems with the adoption of childrem is when the bio-parent decides to "take back" custody of the child. I can imagine that this could be very difficult with the foster parents. This could be one of the reasons when people want to adopt a child they look to the children of other countries.