GreaseSpot Cafe

How must money have you saved no being in the Way?

year2027

God first

Beloved All

How must money have you saved no being in the Way?

Just for fun How must money have you saved since you left the Way on tithing

1. nothing

2. 1,000 - 5,000 dollars

3. 10,000 - 50,000 dollars

4. 60,000 - 100,000 dollars

5. over 500,000 dollars

How must have you save on classes

1. $25.00 - $50.00 dollars

2. $100.00 - $500.00 dollars

3. 1,000 dollars or more

with love and an holy kiss Roy

It's very nice to be able to pay all of the bills.

It's nice to be able to get my child the things she needs.

It's nice to not have to worry if I can get my car fixed when it needs it.

It's nice to be able to say yes thank you when someone invites me to do something.

I have been able to have a little savings since getting outa there, but I've saved much more than that just being able to do what I need to do.

How much is it worth to be able to go to my daughter's school events, or spend my evening or weekend doing what I choose to do?

The phone stays on, the electricity stays on, the bills are paid, my kid has boots when she needs them, when one of us needs medical or dental care, we can get it and the mac and cheese is in the cupboard because we want it there, not cuz it's the only thing we can afford.

Freedom!

My answer probably won't be much fun. I never got pressure to give as I did it on my own anyway. Our family was taught to support the things we were in whether it was a church or civic organization. I still give to charities and things I believe in. We support the Lions Club, local zoo and others. They all benefit me so why not? My first priority though is people I know who need something.

I would change the question from "haved you saved" to "have you given less." In my case, probably not. It's just going to something different now. Life without giving would be sad.

It's not so much the money I saved from tithing, but the freedom to pursue a career without guilt. I didn't start on a real career path until I was 37, and while I don't care to lay the blame or responsibility all on the way, it was just a fact of life that all of my free time was spent in meetings etc. There was also an underlying attitude that it didn't really matter what you did for a living as all work was honorable, and if it gets in the way of moving the word, the word comes first,

I wonder how the way managed to get so much abundant sharing since everyone I knew had low paying menial jobs.

I saved over $1,000 this Thanksgiving alone by not having to attend the "Most Spiritual Significant Event of the Year" icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'll be saving about $9,000 in tithing and abs a year.

I saved whatever the cost of the new christian family and sex class was.

I've saved whatever the cost of the new "Prevailing Turd" editions of the collaterals is.

I save over 100 hours a month by not having to attend fellowships, witnessing events, branch meetings, phone hook-ups and having prayer partners or re-reading the same drivel they repeat each week. Not having to search for free places to have those "big" meetings.

I save probably $25/month by not having to buy coffee, toilet paper and a/c or heat for extra people in my house each week.

My carpet and furniture will last longer since it's not being used as much.

My peace of mind - priceless savings - I no longer worry about God not protecting me or answering my prayers. I no longer have strained relations with my family.

I save at least 40 miles/week and the gas required to get to fellowship each week.

Oh, LIFE IS GOOD.....SOOOOO GOOOD! icon_wink.gif;)-->

Thanks for the reminder, Roy!

exactly, I second that, peace of mind is the best of the best of savings that is for sure.

I also like having money and not feeling guilty of having to help someone if I don't want to and I don't have to abs or tithe if I don't want to. No one is watching if I do nor not...its nice to give because I chose to and want to. That is what a cheerful giver is all about.

I also like being able to pay my bills!!!!

quote:

nothing, We still tithe either way, so I dont see how being in or out of TWI would have made any difference.

Galen -- while I do not tithe -- I do give as I see the need. Perhaps my first answer to #1 was a bit facetious, but it is also true that (like Shellon), I now have money to spend on myself. On the other hand -- (while I do give regularly to a *famous* off-shoot), I also have money in my pocket to give to those on the street, here in my town. Because I am not "locked in" to a certain percentage, I probably give more away than before, yet feel all the *richer* for it. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I've only been out 4 years and have an investment that's gained over $30K in just three years since it was last assessed.

It's called a house.

I wouldn't have been able to buy one if I was still in TWI. It's a nice little return, I think, and sure beats paying rent!

As far as the other savings...

I think leaving saved my sanity... that's priceless! (The other stuff would take too long to add up!)

dmiller:

"Galen -- while I do not tithe -- I do give as I see the need. Perhaps my first answer to #1 was a bit facetious, but it is also true that (like Shellon), I now have money to spend on myself. On the other hand -- (while I do give regularly to a *famous* off-shoot), I also have money in my pocket to give to those on the street, here in my town. Because I am not "locked in" to a certain percentage, I probably give more away than before, yet feel all the *richer* for it. icon_smile.gif:)-->"

We budget the money into a seperate account. So it is there when we see a need.