GreaseSpot Cafe

Does anyone remember Children's Fellowship songs? Weren't they great?

Steve!

I was on that origional childrens choir album.

"We're standing on the W-O-R-D

Clap your hands,

Cuz we're a family.

The word is the will of G-O-D,

Hand in hand on his word we will stand!"

You know that Father Abraham song is about Abe Lincolns mentally challenged kids? "They didn't laugh NO! The didn't cry NO! This is what they did with their right hand" It was making fun of those kids! oops.

they were fun songs for children's fellowships. Unfortunately my first twig leader loved to do them in the adult fellowships. That's fine once in a while, but i still cringe when I think of the night I brought a fellow college student friend to fellowship early on.

First thing we do is sing 'head , shoulders , knees and toes'. It was all down hill from there.

Yeah, singing baby songs in adult situations was tedious, but I did enjoy CB's first album, as WishingForFreedom mentioned. Georgio, were you Mini-Family 6 or 4? If you were, you were in Rome City at the same time I was. I musta been sleeping if you mentioned that before....

I mentioned once before how VPW couldn't even leave CB's work alone. He had to change some of the lyrics -- some of it seemed pretty arbitrarily. So here's some Way trivia (and 'cuz I need to get "clap your hands, one-two-three" out of my head now, Steve!): the original first stanza to CB's ABC song...

"A" is for Apple, the life's in the seed,

"B" is for Bible, the best book to read,

"C" is for Christ in you always to stay,

"D" is Delight in the Lord every day.

I was especially fond of "Little Tin Soldier." It has the staying power of other folk songs classics like "The Marvelous Toy." And I will admit that once I had kids of my own, it could make me downright teary-eyed.

Regards,

Shaz