GreaseSpot Cafe

Present Truth?

mzimagine

Why does The Way STILL call their current singing group "The Present Truth"?

Didn't the false "present truth" doctrine start and end with L. Craig Martindale?

Truth is eternal. It doesn't change with Craig's or anyone else's whims!

What other old administration (LCM) stuff is still hanging around at HQ?

You know, I don't know for a fact that "The Present Truth" is the name of the band. They have always accompanied The Singing Ladies of The Way, and they are not mentioned on the CDs. All of the years I was on Staff, that name was not mentioned for the band.

I am thinking that it is a promotional gimmick for people to see (i.e., a ministry theme). The Way, afterall, is the only ministry with "The Present Truth". icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> If you believe that, I have land in Arizona to sell you which has a river running through (every time it rains that is).

At one time Martindale named the "guys band" The Present Truth. At that time (mid-nineties) it featured Dave L & Harve Platig playing guitar, Fred G on bass, usually Anthony H on drums and generally the leader of the choir playing keyboards. Later Mike M was added and the others started either leaving TWI or getting assigned "on the field". By the time I left in 2001 they were no longer referring to any TWI group as The Present Truth

In my opinion, "present truth" is now just another second rate marketing scheme.

Need more money? Convince the flock that all of those old PFAL materials- the collaterals- are "old wineskins". Anybody who's anybody in da tree just HAS to have to new "prevailing" edition. Just label the reformed, defunct materials as "present truth". Works every time.. same for classes.

After the poor suckers have gone through five or six "prevailing present truth" versions of old said classes without obtaining any real results, the upper ups can calm the masses, claiming that the classes they took were indeed, old wineskins. That is why they did not get results. You just have to take the new version that's just coming out..

"Pressed Down' was my favorite way group, and I wonder if the music still holds up as I haven't heard them in decades. They came from a time before way productions became tighter than a snare drum in terms of music style and content, and I'm now curious what Ted Farrel has to say about them.

You can be certain that many in here remember 'Pressed Down" fondly, coolchef.

Definition of "truth" from Dictionary.com:

truth

n. pl. truths (trthz, trths)

Conformity to fact or actuality.

A statement proven to be or accepted as true.

Sincerity; integrity.

Fedelity to an original or standard

Reality; actuality.

often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.

Seems to me the essence of what it true is something that remains to be true, otherwise, is it true?

Truth by its very nature is never changing.

Therefore "present truth" is nonsensical, and merely a ploy whereby others can be controlled by the knower of the "present truth" changing it at whim.

quote:
Therefore "present truth" is nonsensical, and merely a ploy whereby others can be controlled by the knower of the "present truth" changing it at whim.

outandabout,

About a year ago, someone here at GS did a good piece of work regarding "present truth".....and, in a nutshell described it this way:

Present truth......NOT in terms of time (past, present, future)

Present truth......in II Peter is used in the context of location...that it is HERE, it's available, its now present.

It debunked about every principle of research that twi claims to employ. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

That's what I remember.

Looking at those pix of the Present Truth....they look like they should more accurately be called the "ANCIENT TRUTH."

WOW those folks at twi hq age much more quickly than those of us HEATHEN! icon_eek.gif

ROR

ALSO....a number of years ago...one of OLDIESMAN's relatives did a personal research project on THE PRESENT TRUTH. Maybe he can get some of the TOTALLY ENLIGHTENING verses and points. PRESENT TRUTH......a very present IMAGINARY BIBLICAL CONCEPT.....compliments of.....you guessed it TWI.

Coolchef, someone who was very involved with Way Productions did a trip down memory lane on here about a lot of the music and bands. I wasn't around at the time so I can't remember who it was and what all was in it, but someone else may. I'll see if i can find it in the archives. It sounds like something you would enjoy reading.