GreaseSpot Cafe

GreaseSpot Gems

Linda Z

Mr. Hammeroni on the law of believing:

quote:
Ever think that maybe in the big scheme of things, life is really not about YOU? "But God's just GOTTA give it to ME" me, me me. Ptooie.

These "infallible" keys seem to cater to the immature, in my opinon. And yes, the finger points at me too, at least at one time, probably even some to this day.

• 3 weeks later...

GrouchoMarxJr said this about the current corps program and the leaders

it's producing....

quote:

Serving God's people??? Maybe it was the title of a cookbook.

======

I picture the man standing on line waiting to enter the corps, as

someone runs up to him yelling...

"NO!

Don't go!

'To Serve God's People'....

IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!!!"

A mix of the Twilight Zone episode and Soylent Green.

Edited by WordWolf

• 1 month later...

Words of wisdom from Oenophile:

quote:
If it were my son who had died in this war of dubious purposes, I would be mad as hell too. Patriotism is not found in blind allegiance to leadership or among the flag waving throngs that support it. Rather true patriotism is found in those that support the ideals that founded this country, chief among them is to dissent when those in power have lost the credibility required to lead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A gem from Rascal:

quote:
It sure doesn`t say much for a God or his message, if all he could find to represent him and teach it, was the likes of vpw.

VPW gave God and Christianity a great big black eye in my opinion....when he endulged in more evil, found more ways to justify the sating of his lusts, was more relentless in his destruction of people than the vilest of unbelievers....

Geeze with a God and a minister like that...who`s afraid of Satan?

Belle,

I've read your stuff since I started, but read some really awesome stuff you wrote today. I think it was you who said we just never did enough for twi. ain't that the truth? I hate when that happens! Would you believe I've never sat through Gone with the Wind from beginning to end? Nice to finally meet you!

Irisheyes,

Re:"Would you believe I've never sat through Gone with the Wind from beginning to end?"

It's one of the best movies ever made. I don't know of anyone who was ever disappointed that they watched it. So fiddle-dee-dee.. go on and watch it tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day. I'll cry into my pillow every night until you do!

sudo

Commenting on a certain poster's *viewpoint*, GrouchoMarxJr. said the following:

His circular reasoning becomes a source of frustration for anyone who tries to help him. He confuses the unshakable stand of a prophet with the stubborness of an foot. At the juncture where most of us departed from Wierwille's false doctrines and redeemed our minds, Mike chose the opposite direction and dove headfirst into the depths of deceit, like an ostrich with it's head in the sand, he refuses to acknowledge even the slightest smell of smoke, while his entire house of cards is being engulfed with the flames of the false prophet.
Edited by dmiller