GreaseSpot Cafe

GreaseSpot Gems

Linda Z

It breaks my heart to hear you people talking like this.

I want you think for a minute. What was it that attracted you to The Way International? And be honest.

You had a need and you believed that God was taking care of that. You did it of your own free will, right? Did anyone beat any of you over the head and make you go? Did anyone force you to stay? So men and women stopped believing God' Word and fell into whatever it is they fell into. Are you so perfect that you can stand in judgement over anyone?

I think you folks need to stop and think about the futility of what you are saying here. If you want to change anything, get your heads back into God's Word and CHALLENGE GOD to teach you.

I did. I knew this all along. My relationship was with God, not people. It had been the whole time. No matter what did or didn't happen with the ministry, God is still God and still willing able to fulfill His Word.

This is only going to fester as long as you allow it. Do what I did. Get past it and get back to God. He was the reason we all went to a fellowship to begin with, right?

Just think about it. Don't respond to me, respond to the call of God....because you know, Jesus Christ is coming back. It could be sooner than you think. Don't get caught with you pants down. (ha ha)

Love,

Janis

Janis -- you said:

I want you think for a minute. What was it that attracted you to The Way International? And be honest.

You had a need and you believed that God was taking care of that. You did it of your own free will, right? Did anyone beat any of you over the head and make you go? Did anyone force you to stay? So men and women stopped believing God' Word and fell into whatever it is they fell into. Are you so perfect that you can stand in judgement over anyone?

I think you folks need to stop and think about the futility of what you are saying here. If you want to change anything, get your heads back into God's Word and CHALLENGE GOD to teach you.

If you were to take this to the About the Way forum, you might get some answers, but this here is not the forum for you to (rightfully) ask the questions that are on your mind. :) I personally would have a few things to say over there, but not here.

So -- If you take this elsewhere, you might (perhaps) get some answers to the questions you have from folks like myself. :)

David

Out There said

When I received the LOYalty letter in the mail I immediately called LCM and by some miracle after

leaving a message he actually called me back. When I asked if this letter was a call to blindly follow

him he said I had been doing this all along.

I then told him that if that's what he thinks he could "kiss my foot".

I think I was dropped from the rolls of the Way Corps that next morning.

The man or woman [‘Waybot’]molded by TWI, the new 'leader,' is a formidable man indeed. He is cast in the opposite mould to the traditional 'New Man in Christ,' because TWI’s ‘christ’ is a recycled hybridized pagan god, with characteristics of Osirus, Dionysis, Mithra, Adonis, Pan, Hermes, & other demigods.

JK Boehme's quote from WordWolf's excellent evaluation and observations of TWLIL by EW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

skyrider,

comparing the "kinder, gentler twi" and churches:

If twi is like "any other church"....then when was the last time you drove past a church and were

closely followed by a paranoid, gun-carrying security patrol?

Xena,

quoting a twi innie's comments about the Utah landscape....

Everything is so out of order here- God would have never created such an irregular and desolate

landscape.

TomTuttle on TWI these days:

Imagine that, a ministry complete with false and micro-managing leadership, under-achieving and disillusioned followers with no sense of self confidence and worth, and no desire to change.

Where's the green card???

From Rascal on the Cognitive Dissonence Thread:

I don`t know.... it is like they promised to *fix* everything.... teach us EVERYTHING pertaining to life and Godliness... healing....whatever our issues were....

But somehow in the process ..... we became entirely dependant on them for everything....self worth....friends....a substitue family...a noble mission...aproval from friends...aproval from God.....understanding what he required of us....

They promised us answeres.... They promised us healing.... they won our trust....we dared to finally hope.......as a result....we stayed even when miserable...endured abuse, lived in untenable situations....in hopes of achieving the promised health/wellbeing.

• 3 weeks later...

Rascal on one of the many PFAL discussions:

This call to *come back* to pfal strikes me as folks wanting us to spend the rest of our lives needlessly, ceaselessly persuing/earning/striving, yet never quite achieving something that God/Jesus has already accomplished and freely given.

Satori gave this excellent description of TWI:

The Way's doctrine of believing-magic also created a sense of invulnerability in many followers, especially those in the Corps, forced to "prove" their magical abilities to maintain their place and status within the "household."

That, oldiesman, is why The Way is and was a "cult," and why the cult's management is ultimately responsible, and culpable, for the accident, the injuries, and even Rochelle's death, and so much more that remains hidden from view in its sordid, secret history.

• 2 weeks later...

socks,

in a discussion on twi's Advanced Class requirements,

which includes "monthly updates" on everything you might conceivably pack

for said class, for the next 17 months, including a monthly update on "snacks"....

Anytime you want to get perspective, remember-

they want to spend 17 months monitoring your Snack Plan.

That'll get your mind right, for sure.

More quotes from Socks regarding Advanced class monthly updates:

Snacks?

I read it again. Yup. You're going to take the Advanced Class, you have to have snacks now. It's required.

Snacks.

Month 1....I got my fuel.

Month 2...I still got my fuel.

Month 3....I checked. I still have my fuel.

Month 4...I lost my fuel.

Month 5....I found my fuel.

Igotout,

on the subject of having crews to set up for phone hookups nobody attended:

The crew many times composed the majority of the meeting attendees! Ha!

So we set up for ourselves, parked ourselves and made refreshments for

ourselves. Once I was even joking around with another disgusted worker

and we greeted ourselves at the door and shook our own hands.

Eagle,

on the "ministry" he struggled thru in the early 90s,

versus the famous "greasespot by midnight" threat lcm threw around...

I did everything possible, gave more than 15% of my income, served and attended every function

with a car breaking down all the time, giving up food and sleep to serve, and then got frowned at

consistently. Believers I worked for failed to pay me, so I struggled other ways. Couldn't pay my

car insurance and drove illegally...to serve TWI. I could only afford a junk car...and got reamed for it.

I had no family to support me so no money.

So cruel were people, especially Martindale, that I finally told them all to chuck it.

My life took off after that.

I decided to face midnight.

I won.