GreaseSpot Cafe

GreaseSpot Gems

Linda Z

chockfull:

The whole DFAC terminology, language, designation, and handling of people to me is nothing more than more fear tactics enacted by the BOD of TWI. Since they are all false prophets, I have a better way of describing that whole angle.

DFPOA - Dropped from a Position of Authority (Over Me, My Life, My Family)

That's right BOD - you heard it first here. You are DFPOA as it concerns me. I have dropped you from having any authority over myself, my future, my finances, and my family - because you are false prophets. You have been dropped due to your lack of concern for my life, for your spiritual ineptitude and false judgements, your trading in flesh, your pompous attitude, your lack of producing anything remotely interesting in the spritual realm, your heavy hand over the flock, your dogmatic wrong interpretation of scripture in many areas, and your entire Phariseeaic functioning and attitude. When Jesus Christ comes back I will gladly watch as he strips off medal after medal that you have mentally awarded yourself, leaving you barren, naked, and ashamed. Those that will be first, shall be last.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

From the Silly Question > Food at Emporia thread:

... it fit together like a hand in a condom.

Too funny!

• 3 years later...

Long time anyone's posted on this thread.

I thought this merited a mention:

Seth R on the Just the Facts thread in About the Way:

...I think it's totally stupid to continue to believe in TWI's brand of dogma saying the problem was just bad leadership, it's like saying if I only move to a different cabin on the Titanic it will be better.

• 1 year later...

chockfull, on the "Cheapness" thread, page 4.

===========================================

"So you know Way ministry, you were right and you were wrong about Burn the Chaff.

You were right about the concept.  It is nice to travel light.  In modern times this concept has gained ground under a different name.  Minimalism.

But you as usual were wrong about the execution of it.  

That's because you, Way ministry, are The Chaff."

Edited by WordWolf
Formatting error.

• 4 months later...
On 1/19/2005 at 2:52 PM, Raf said:

quote:
You tell me what you think of Victor Paul Wierwille, and I'll tell you how far you have come in your cult recovery.

Uncle Hairy

Uncle Harry really said that?!?!  But he was VPW's brother, right?  And wasn't he the treasurer for TWI?  I thought he was committed to them for life.  Did I miss a history lesson?

5 hours ago, Taxidev said:

Uncle Harry really said that?!?!  But he was VPW's brother, right?  And wasn't he the treasurer for TWI?  I thought he was committed to them for life.  Did I miss a history lesson?

No, this thread  is primarily witticisms written by Members that other members found to be entertaining, meaningful, or otherwise in need of preserving so they were gathered here to be remembered. In this case I believe this was written by a poster named  “Uncle Hairy” not “Harry” and Raf placed it here. It is a play on a well-known quote from back in TWIt’s big days.

• 5 months later...

In the "Revival and Restoration" thread, WordWolf posted:

If one is determined to only find the negative at the GSC, that's what one will find. It's not honest and lacks integrity, but this should come as no shock by now. It's really cute the way these splinters like to refer to the GSC and explain why they're not going to explain.   Lots more people got deliverance here and got on with their lives than they've actually HELPED. Perhaps it's "deliverance envy". 

How many groups suffer, in fact, from "deliverance envy"?  :nono5:

George

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Waysider was responding to the idea that we should disregard the evil that vpw did, since to view that was to view a "failure" and to view him by some nebulous "new man" showed some sort of "success."

Waysider:

"Focus on his mobster ways and ties to the underworld and Al Capone was a failure.

Focus on the 2,200 people per day who were served by his soup kitchen and he was a success."

• 3 months later...