GreaseSpot Cafe

What do you think the purpose of GS is?

pawtucket

Wow...Well said Bow

Shiftthis, I know that you speak of the twi that you have seen. Please understand there is a whole other side that was seen by the people who at one time held the same ideals and opinions as yourself.

What you read here are the experiences of the people who saw the otherside of twi...the one they keep hidden from public.

The dark ugly side of sexual abuse, of adultery, of drugging and rape, of physical abuse, of child abuse, of forced abortions...of suicides...of deaths resulting from following policies and orders.

No this side of twi isn`t pretty, it isn`t easy to read about but it is every bit as valid a part of twi as the *happy* picture at the local level that you enjoy.

The people who suffered, our brothers and sisters who died...they deserve to have their stories told as well. Trust me...most of us truly wish that the way had been what we believed it to be...that these really WERE made up stories.

The pain inflicted is real, the loss genuine, and in many cases the destruction permanent :(

Sure, many of the abusers are gone due to lawsuits and liability. But the people who supported their policies, the people that enabled them and then covered are still there ...they are still abusing and hurting people in God`s name.

No doubt you are enjoying your local fellowship...most of us did. That doesn`t negate the pain and suffering being inflicted upon your brothers and sisters in Christ at hq and hidden pockets all over the us.

However, IF and when the ugly side of twi rears it`s ugly head, if it is your family one day being threatened, your heart crushed, you whom they have stolen that which was never theirs........hopefully we will still be here... to listen, to love and to pray for you too.

Edited by rascal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm discovering a whole new world here at Grease Spot. Here a variety exists of views and opinions, even doctrines.

Sometimes I find this healing; other times disturbing. It's a raw world that exists without the detached WaySpeak I never used to question. People disagree here and I find this refreshing; not the conflict itself, but the opportunity to wrap my own mind around any issue I choose. There's nothing pre-determined here. There's no "us" and no " them."

But there seem to be alot of people like me who don't quite "fit in" with the splinter groups, church groups, the neighborhood associations, the bar scenes, etc.

Having walked away from it all cold turkey fifteen years ago, I never imagined there would ever be anything that would grab and hold my attention like Grease Spot Cafe.

Thanks for the vision, the time and the energy invested to maintain and cultivate this site.........

GSC for me is a place to learn from other people and, as a result, clarify my thinking a bit more about my twi experience.

Sometimes, it's a place to share some of my twi experience when I feel it'll help.

It's a place where I can offer info that'll throw light on some topics of interest.

It's also a place where, in doing these things, I believe I can extend some compassion and understanding to others sometimes...hey what can I say? I once was a girl scout :rolleyes: I think they brainwashed me :biglaugh: It's a tall order, for sure...but hey, shoot for the stars and you might hit the fence. I confess - I often have trouble with the "respect authority" item...

Here's what I found on the web:

The Girl Scout Promise

On my honor, I will try:

To serve God* and my country,

To help people at all times,

And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

The Girl Scout Law

I will do my best to be

honest and fair,

friendly and helpful,

considerate and caring,

courageous and strong, and

responsible for what I say and do,

and to

respect myself and others,

respect authority,

use resources wisely,

make the world a better place, and

be a sister to every Girl Scout.

* The word "God" can be interpreted in a number of ways, depending on one's spiritual beliefs. When reciting the Girl Scout Promise, it is okay to replace the word "God" with whatever word your spiritual beliefs dictate.

Edited by penworks

Purpose of GS? Possibly to drive us all nuts with arguing.

Or possibly to drive all the nuttiness out of us by helping us think out of the Waybox in which we kept our thinking ability.

I've had no net access for two weeks. I really missed being here!

Purpose of GS? Possibly to drive us all nuts with arguing.

Or possibly to drive all the nuttiness out of us by helping us think out of the Waybox in which we kept our thinking ability.

I've had no net access for two weeks. I really missed being here!

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall! Hi folks! Reading the records here it looks like a lot of you had a great fall?

I have a cyber cult addiction type of question... how much personal ego (and time) is behind these threads you create and the all responses? Looks like some avatars have been around for years? Is this therapy for how screwed up you were way back then, or has the computer taken over your life?

Is it a love fest thing, debating the past, trashing the cult you were in, looking for old cult friends, etc.? Some seem to spend a lot of time trying to convince others of their recent recovery and newly discovered wisdom?

Or is it Jesus, the man you are waiting for to redeem you from this crooked and perverse world...

And you're just killing time in the process??

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall! Hi folks! Reading the records here it looks like a lot of you had a great fall?

I have a cyber cult addiction type of question... how much personal ego (and time) is behind these threads you create and the all responses? Looks like some avatars have been around for years? Is this therapy for how screwed up you were way back then, or has the computer taken over your life?

Is it a love fest thing, debating the past, trashing the cult you were in, looking for old cult friends, etc.? Some seem to spend a lot of time trying to convince others of their recent recovery and newly discovered wisdom?

Or is it Jesus, the man you are waiting for to redeem you from this crooked and perverse world...

Hi, Grumpy

Welcome to "the cafe"

Some people might be prone to ask the same questions of you.

Care to offer any insight?

all of the above

welcome