GreaseSpot Cafe

Menopause

Shellon

LOL! Cool waters!!

Well for me it was joy unspeakable!! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I have hated my periods for 35 years. Bled like a stuck pig. I hated it. icon_mad.gif

Then in Aungust 2002 my last period, it lasted week, while I was on vactaion....

Then.....

NO MORE, HALLELUYA!!!!! anim-smile.gif

I DO not miss them one single bit,

So what if my vagina is dry? KY fixes that.

So what if I am warm, I can fix that too.

My husband said I heat up the bed oh well.......I have fan on my side of the bed. I am laughing as I type his......

I have a Japanese style fan in my purse and whip it out when necessary.

I get warm surges rather than hot flashes.

I really believe a diet of raw fruits, nuts, seeds, and vegatables does the trick.

My bone density is off the charts because I quit drinking Milk way back in 71 when Grace Bliss told us how bad it was. I have been eating lots of Leavy greens, the way to GET calcium, since then.

Many of us on the raw foods diet have not had the usuall problems with hot flashes etc, and none of take the cancer causing hormones.

Thos are so bad for you. DR;s have known this for 30 years now. It is nothing new,

Anyway I am SOOO HAPPY!!!!

NO more cramps!! icon_mad.gif

No more bleeding!! icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

No more swollen boobs! icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Praise God for Menopause!! icon_smile.gif:)-->

YEa!!

Valerie52

Hmmmmm....

No one has mentioned yet -

sudden inexplicable (usually untimely) bouts of extreme horniness.

It's not ALL bad. In fact, I'm in the same camp with Valerie. HRT was never a consideration for me, since I've had blood clots before.

But the flashes, sweats and other ugly effects were manageble for me.

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif:D--> BUT what IS this occasional notion that all my as-yet-unrealized fantasies can manifest themselves? LOL

anim-smile-blue.gif

Ttessa: Simple. Your ovaries are not the only glands that produce sex hormones. Your adrenal glands do too, they do so for life, and, relevant to your question, produce both estrogen AND testosterone. When the ovaries dial back on the estrogen production, the adrenals are still producing testosterone, only now there isn't as much estrogen drowning out its effects. Testosterone is the only true aphodisiac on the planet, and it works equally well on women as men.

In short, ladies, welcome to OUR world! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Now, can you imagine what it feels like to be a 16-year old boy whose testicles are in full production, say ten or twenty times the amount of testosterone in their blood as yours now? Sister, you ain't seen horny! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> That's why teenagers masturbate as much as they do--they can't control their hormones any more than you can control your hot flashes. Worse, hot flashes come and go, but testosterone levels don't fluctuate enough to make much difference. Whether they're ten times as horny as you are, or merely six times in off-peak hours, well, you do the math. Levels gradually decrease over time, but unless a man loses testicular or erectile function, he can be sexually active into his 80s.

That's why men are always thinking about sex--because they're always FEELING about sex due to testosterone. It's a wonder we ever get any work done... icon_wink.gif;)-->

NEW DISCLAIMER: Please do not construe this message as a personal attack unless otherwise instructed. Thank you for your cooperation.

Secret Signature of the Day==v

Has any recent 'remake' been even CLOSE to as good as the original?

Valerie I LOVE your post, except about the swollen boobs part. That's the only time of the month I can even tell that I'm supposed to have boobs. Ha ha!

But I agree with you 100 percent, I can't WAIT to go through my menopause, I really can't!!!

Zixar: I've always said I don't know why they don't take bad movies and make them better instead of screwing up great movies that have already been done. And now I hear they're going to remake Willie Wonka? Oh the sacrilege!

rottieangelanimated.gif

Cat spelled backwards does NOT spell God!

mj: Well, contrary to the old saying, it really only takes ONE to tango. icon_wink.gif;)-->

all: I've forgotten who was talking about K-Y, but you might want to try Astroglide for a change. It's a liquid, it works very well, and it's not nearly as messy.

Secret Signature of the Day==v

Has any recent 'remake' been even CLOSE to as good as the original?