GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot Cafe -- Names we're known by (and icons)

Kit Sober

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

quote:
I tend to stick with things that are fairly obvious or to the point. g and c are my initials, hence gc.

Given your love for coffee, I wondered if those initials stood for gourmet coffee. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I'm not that imaginative time, but I like it! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

gc

• 1 month later...

Well then, there are 3 reasons for my name, but only 2 that I am ready to reveal.

#1 I USE to be ignorant......so it was blissful, (ya right).

#2. Do I have any Sugerland fans in the house?

I was constanly singing their song while going through all this "new information" here on GS, and my head was spinning, life out of control, wanted something real, tired of the lies and hypocrisy, something better spiritually for our lives...

"there's gotta be something more, gotta be more than this. I need a little less hard times, I need a little more BLISS, I'm gonna take my chances, takin a chance I might.. Cuz what I'm looking for, there's gotta be something MORE!"

it so fit and I'm stickin with it!!

#3. For a later time.........

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm ---- should mention that I just recently added the Fiddlehead avatar.

It is a pic of the fiddle peghead that belonged to Vassar Clements, before he passed a way recently (about a month ago). He was one of my favourite *fusion* type fiddlers of all time, he made all styles of music sound good. :)

Trim the beard,

Put a smile on the face,

Add glasses,

And (I'm told) that face on the fiddlehead looks similar to me!

hmmmmmmmm!

David

OK Avatar first. This was the closist to what I felt at the time and also because there wasn't one with a guy holding up 20 guns. Ok lets atart over cause I don't have an avatar since the sight change.

Lets talk about my handle.

EX------because not in da way.

70's------cause that was like vin I wazz in da way

Houston------cause thats vhere I vazz.

Hope you can put up with my humor.

Edited by ex70'shouston

• 6 months later...

T-Bone is what I named one of our dogs [he's a mix: collie, lab and pit bull]...And I got the name from an old favorite Saturday Night Live character played by David Kechner. On SNL T-Bone isn't exactly the brightest spoon in the drawer - and he's a little mischievous. One of my favorite skits is a prison execution scene - T-Bone is the guy in charge of throwing the switch to the Electric Chair, Christopher Walken is the condemned man and Timothy Meadows is the Warden. T-Bone keeps screwing with Walken's head like momentarily throwing the switch to give Walken a short jolt - then yelling out "Just checking." Or calling into the Electric Chair Room pretending he's the governor pardoning Walken - then sticking his head through the door and saying, "just kidding - it's me."

That is a picture of me when I was about 3 years old - on the steps of my Grandpa's house in Nova Scotia. I think an appropriate caption underneath could be "thinks he knows what he's talking about."...I loved to wear hats - and would usually have a pretzel stick in my mouth like a cigar - what funny looks I'd get from people.

Edited by T-Bone

Some fun reading here!

My outlook on life after leaving TWI was one of suspicion. The world seemed strange, most of what I thought was very good, was NOT. Further investigations were needed.

I felt like a hunter in the wild.

Safari= expedition, trip, search

Vista = view, scene, landscape

We also have a GMC Safari Van… physical trips to forbidden places were in there :biglaugh:

• 1 year later...

Cinderpelt is from a fictional series I'm reading with my kids, about feral cats and the structure of their society. Cinderpelt is a deeply reflective, kind, and honorable "medicine cat" for "Thunderclan". Thus, From: Thunderclan Territory. It's a good series for young teens.

I have been asked about the Logo in the signature area. "Fireglass" is the title of a novel my daughter is writing and hopes to have published. It's the 1st in a trilogy, and she's written 21 Chapters, thus far.

~Cinder

Nero is a character from a game I played. He and his brother Weiss were (along with other people) experimented on and kept in a secret military facility. They were there all their lives.

Nero is an evil character - but I don't think he knew any better.

I picked him because I was raised in TWI - and while I'm learning more everyday - I didn't know any better either. I also like his muzzle. I have often felt like I couldn't speak my mind and sometimes I still don't here because I am afraid to. I think it's slowly wearing off.

The avatar I used to have up was of his brother, Weiss. Today I decided to put a picture of Nero up as my avatar. XP

My, what an "old" thread..

I chose "Hammeroni" mainly because I'm a ham radio operator. That was one of the little steps away from TWI..

in 1993, I "showed up" (walk ins welcome) at a ham radio testing session.. so I walked out with a ham technician license.. and affiliation with a whole group of people that didn't have anything to do with how many classes you'd been through..

one of the dreaded "devilish" civic organizations loy warned us about.

:)

The "Mr." only designates me of the male kind.

Oh yes.. this ham made DXCC CW this year. Well, I finally submitted evidence of making at least one hundred morse code contacts with hams in other countries. I'm still a "newbie" at it.. some have over 350 contacts- that's stations in 350 countries. Some of them are very hard to come by..

My, what an "old" thread..

I chose "Hammeroni" mainly because I'm a ham radio operator. That was one of the little steps away from TWI..

in 1993, I "showed up" (walk ins welcome) at a ham radio testing session.. so I walked out with a ham technician license.. and affiliation with a whole group of people that didn't have anything to do with how many classes you'd been through..

one of the dreaded "devilish" civic organizations loy warned us about.

The "Mr." only designates me of the male kind.

Oh yes.. this ham made DXCC CW this year. Well, I finally submitted evidence of making at least one hundred morse code contacts with hams in other countries. I'm still a "newbie" at it.. some have over 350 contacts- that's stations in 350 countries. Some of them are very hard to come by..

I don't know Mr. Ham----

If you make anymore contacts, you might have to change your handle to "Skip".

I discovered Waydale and lurked for awhile, and just before the big meeting about lcm, I asked my husband if he wanted to know what was REALLY going on. Thankfully he said yes, and within a matter of weeks, we were outta there!

I posted for awhile under idios2, and then decided that since we both had decided we were no longer "for twi", we were now 2fortheroad (as is hit the highway, get the hell outta Dodge, don't look back!)

2fortheroad...an exciting road trip to a cult-free life!

• 2 weeks later...

What a neat idea for a thread. I've enjoyed reading everyone's name history. As for mine, it just came to me when I was signing up

and I guess it could have some meaning - Outfield in baseball is: The portion of the playing field that extends beyond the infield and is bordered by the first and third baselines.

While learning Way Intl. doctrines I always felt I was playing along but not fully playing in the game. Kinda observing.

Hello all! I was in TWI from 1979 to 1987. I was a regular at Waydale with the same name of Brideofjc, but then I stopped posting for a number of years to finish my education. Had to make my choices. The Lord Yeshua led me through a wonderful path away from TWI into mainstream Christianity again...it seems funny that life is rather circular, isn't it? It must be that time in my life when all things are converging and I'm getting a chance to do them again, so to speak. For instance I went to my elementary school (name hidden), and then the Lord had me go back and teach there as a sub. Other things kept coming back around in the circle and it became quite phenomenal.

My moniker? I belong in the Charismatic side of the church that is open to visions and dreams from the Lord Yeshua...and the Lord gave me three visions over about six? months...the first, He visited me (very overwhelming, just like John, I fell down, couldn't stand up); the second, He served me communion on Passover (Easter); third, I saw His hands in a vision and He put His ring on my ring finger and then I put a ring on His ring finger. Hence, Brideofjc!

Some people think that I am a nun, but I'm not. I was raised RC and I did want to be one as a little girl but that didn't happen. So, I became a priest instead. :) Anywho, when GS first opened up, I think I began to post here too, but then left again. Now I'm back...it is addictive, isn't it? Sometimes, it's just nice to be able to talk to people who have been through similar paths in life. You don't have to explain yourself...because everyone already understands.