GreaseSpot Cafe

This is scary

Belle

• 2 years later...

I'm thankful you shared so much of your experience and your heart. I personally could care less if TWIGB ever read my posts. II Timothy 2:15 is still the truth and I don't have to stand approved to them or anyone else.

Admitting being in a cult; confronting the cult; leaving the cult; is extremely hard. It's a fight for your life and your right to decide your own life and means of fellowship with God.

That you made such decisions and then exposed your experience here in the cafe is commendable. Your family should be proud of you.

Edited by YIdon'tgotochurch

• 7 months later...

Hi Belle, this is jeffsjo,

Thank you so very much for sharing your story. I never saw TWI in the nineties, but the group I've been with sounds pretty much the same.

I can relate to the things you needed to deal with just to move on. The last four years of my life sounds very similar to what you described as your low point.

I'm very glad to meet you, even over the internet only. I have no problem saying that I'm on your side, you feel dear to me even through just a little text. I'm looking forward to more fellowship with you, or even around you on this site.