GreaseSpot Cafe

Bob and Pam Bashura

Shellon

• 8 months later...

I dont want to start a rumor, but I believe that the last time I talked to Pam, before her wedding, she told me that Bob had died of Aids. Very sad story. I loved the Bashuras and they were an integral part in my walk with the Lord when I was 17 years old. Their unconditional love towards me changed my life and I remember that I so much wanted to be adopted by them back then. I was so hurt to see the change in lifestyle of Bob. I would have never guessed it in a million years.

If anyone knows otherwise, please post. My memory fails me since it has been about 6 years since I last talked to Pam.

Oh my oh my. It was my then girlfriend Madelaine Smith who witnessed to her and then moved in with her. And I was constantly over there all of the time and Madelaine and I shared the Word with her for hours on end. She was like a sponge, and my girlfriend really loved her and "fed her no religion", just the simplicity of the Word as she knew it. She was so wonderful to be around. I do remember that she got "properly involved" with all of the things in The Way, and I do remember that she married that fellow Bob. And you say he died of AIDS? And you said;

quote:
I was so hurt to see the change in lifestyle of Bob. I would have never guessed it in a million years.

Does that mean that he went after "man flesh"? And if so, that must have been pretty hurtful to Pam, and so terribly sad about Bob passing away. I certainly hope that she is doing well. Glad she re-married...

Edited by Guest

Like I said....I dont want to start a rumor...but looks like I might have. So I need to set the record straight.

To the best of my recollection, one of the times I last talked to Pam, she told me he had died of Aids. Now I just asked my mom the other day if she remembers me telling her about Bob passing, and she doenst remember (but also my mom is in her late 70's and she might just not remember if I did).

I did a search on the internet for Robert Bashura and came out empty handed. I searched nationwide obituaries and came out empty handed as well. SO I couldnt find ANY RObert Bashura living or any Robert Bashura who had passed on. Now if anyone has an account with a Person Search Bureau and would like to do a search for Bob and let us know, please do so.

So I feel the need to apologize for upseting anyone if the news are not true. Its that Im just about 100% certain that Pam had told me that he died because it was such a shocker to me as well.

• 2 months later...

I am a little blown away by the information that Bob may be dead. At one time, I was very close friends with both Bob and Pam. I spoke with Pam about 3-4 years ago after she remarried and she asked me if I had heard from Bob recently. I told her the last time I had heard from him had been about 3 years earlier, but I'd heard from a mutual friend that he was living in the Boston area. And yes, that his life had taken a "different direction." But I never heard that he was dead!! And at that time, Pam certainly didn't think he was. As a matter of fact, Pam and I were emailing each other up until a couple of years ago and she never shared that info with me. Are you certain about when you spoke with her? In my mind, until I hear for certain otherwise, he's alive.

As for Pam, I am trying to get back in touch with her myself. I have an address for her but I don't know if it's current. I won't post any more info on her here because I know she would prefer I didn't, but if you want to email me privately I'll tell you what I can.

Pam is one of my favorite people in the world and the only person I'd want near me if I was ever sick. She is a nurse extraodinaire. Bob was a dear friend once upon a time and we loved to listen to music together. He's a computer wiz and I'm surprized he isn't on this forum. (Or is he?) Bob, if you're out there, put an end to this "Paul is dead" routine and say hello!!!