GreaseSpot Cafe

Any Irish be-leavers out there?

mcds4

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking for Pascal & Reed Riordan. I know she was a WOW in Ireland, perhaps in the 70's. She used to live in Central FL, but lost track of her in the early 90's. She told me once they were thinking about returning to Ireland. Anyone know of them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yup, I have heard of those guys. I was in the Tenth Corps. I was also best buds with Miceal Adams. In fact, he and I were as close as a couple of pals could be. Broke my heart when he "turned me over to Satan" or whatever. He and I were Lightbearers In Oklahoma and we surely had a blast. I took him horse back ridin (ridin double) on the back of this big old Percheron work horse, and all he could do was laugh as I made that big beasty gallop us across the plains. Man we had a time! We also almost beat up a bunch of Iranians at OSU campus who were laughing and cheering a photo of the Ayatollah standing on an American flag. That was great. We were seriosly going to kick their a$$es after I ripped up their photo, but they ran away. Bout five of 'em. Love those rowdy Irish. Miceal in particular. Guess he's still in though... icon_frown.gif:(-->

• 2 weeks later...

I knew many Irish in the 12th corps.

Their rebel ways fit right in with mine.

Joe Callan was a complete nutbar...we had a wonderful time together.

Barbara Moorehead as well. She was Irish.

Trevor Ballantine was from Northern Ireland...the only one in the 12th...the others were from the south ... is that what they call the Republic of Ireland?

David Grimsditch was English. Had studied at Oxford I believe. He did spend some time in Chile and could speak fluent Spanish and he was pretty versed in French as well.

David contracted some disease while he was in residence his last year (I think?)and I believe he ended up in a wheel chair. A very very sad story.

I have no idea what TWI did at the time to help him. But I think he ended moving back to England with his parents.

• 4 weeks later...