Giving you what you hadn't planned

I drank the potion she offered me
I found myself on the floor
Then I looked in those big green eyes
And I wondered what I came there for

:confused:

Edited by Human without the bean

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

*checks*  I've neither heard of this song nor its artist before. 

Ok.  Let's do another one.  Sometimes a song just pops into my head (like this one) and if it meets the criteria for this thread I post it.  OK.  That was a song by Cliff Richard called Devil Woman.  Lets move on.  By the way WordWolf there are about 8 billion other people living on the planet right now that may have heard it.  Maybe your the only one, and George.  But I think he's heard it.  Or not.

New tune, one you're heard WordWolf, promise.  And anyway, your cheating.   It hasn't been three days yet.

City girls seem to find out early

How to open doors with just a smile

A rich old man and she won't have to worry

She'll dress up all in lace and go in style

On the other side of town a boy is waiting
With fiery eyes and dreams no one could steal
She drives on through the night anticipating
Because he makes her feel the way she used to feel

4 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Ok.  Let's do another one.  Sometimes a song just pops into my head (like this one) and if it meets the criteria for this thread I post it.  OK.  That was a song by Cliff Richard called Devil Woman.  Lets move on.  By the way WordWolf there are about 8 billion other people living on the planet right now that may have heard it.  Maybe your the only one, and George.  But I think he's heard it.  Or not.

New tune, one you're heard WordWolf, promise.  And anyway, your cheating.   It hasn't been three days yet.

I had though of "Black Magic Woman" and "Witchy Woman"; but, like "Love Potion #9," I knew they weren't right.  I may have heard "Devil Woman" at some point, but I don't remember it.

Your new song also seems familiar, but not enough for me to hazard a guess.

AFAIK, the "three day" waiting period for googling is only for getting an answer, so the game can move on (like a name in Triple Movie Links).  If someone has no intent to answer the puzzle, he can google at any time.  WW was certain that he could not answer the last song clue, so he looked it up for his own information.  Had he looked it up and then gave the answer, THAT would have been a high crime or misdemeanor.  :nono5:

George

I can look up anything I want, anytime I want.

If I try to answer a round in a thread based on looking something up, however, that's a different thing entirely- THAT is cheating.  (I also think it's fair to ask Mrs Wolf if I think she knows something, but she already knows that I do NOT want HER looking it up because that would be the same cheating.  And if she gets the answer, I credit her with answering it since she doesn't log in here that much.

It's a standard practice here that the person giving the clues should look things up to give correct clues.  However, no guesser should look them up.  If a guesser looks it up, he has  given up answering and disqualified himself from answering.  I usually announce when I do that, since that means I can't try and answer the round anymore.

As for "googling in 3 days", that's for the Triple Movie Links thread, since we go from link to link. Other threads just get another round going.  

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I had though of "Black Magic Woman" and "Witchy Woman"; but, like "Love Potion #9," I knew they weren't right.  I may have heard "Devil Woman" at some point, but I don't remember it.

Your new song also seems familiar, but not enough for me to hazard a guess.

AFAIK, the "three day" waiting period for googling is only for getting an answer, so the game can move on (like a name in Triple Movie Links).  If someone has no intent to answer the puzzle, he can google at any time.  WW was certain that he could not answer the last song clue, so he looked it up for his own information.  Had he looked it up and then gave the answer, THAT would have been a high crime or misdemeanor.  :nono5:

George

BTW, the current song is definitely not "Witchy Woman." :)  

Firstly, I'm sorry WordWolf because I was fooling around,  

AFAIK, the "three day" waiting period for googling is only for getting an answer, so the game can move on (like a name in Triple Movie Links).  If someone has no intent to answer the puzzle, he can google at any time.  WW was certain that he could not answer the last song clue, so he looked it up for his own information.  Had he looked it up and then gave the answer, THAT would have been a high crime or misdemeanor.  :nono5:

George

and secondly, I didn't know this and so heretofore,  I should be quicker to respond with an appropriate post.  In those cases, I would sit on pause until somebody else played hoping that I could follow up with someone or something that I did know. Very helpful guys, thank you.

And as far as this tune here goes its a very popular song, and the group is as well and so now WordWolf, won't be the only person on the planet who hasn't heard it.  Again, WordWolf, I'm kidding around.  Cliff Richard is an English cat who had some hits but I don't think he ever had a big hit with the exception of Devil Woman, and saying it was a big hit is stretching things.  :wink2:    Hope we are still friends?

Yeah, we're good.    BTW, "Marrakesh Express" is fairly well-known, so it was on us for not recognizing it.  Myself, I know the tune and the chorus, but didn't know the rest of the song despite sufficient airplay.    THIS song has gotten a LOT more airplay.  It's also on the artists' "Greatest Hits".  So, it shouldn't be TOO hard to recognize.  (Unless some younguns show up and wonder if we're going to post any Rob Zombie or something.)

On 2/15/2019 at 1:38 AM, Human without the bean said:

City girls just seem to find out early
How to open doors with just a smile
A rich old man
And she won't have to worry
She'll dress up all in lace and go in style

Late at night a big old house gets lonely
I guess ev'ry form of refuge has its price
And it breaks her heart to think her love is
Only given to a man with hands as cold as ice

On the other side of town a boy is waiting
with fiery eyes and dreams no one could steal
She drives on through the night anticipating
'Cause he makes her feel the way she used to feel
She rushes to his arms,
They fall together
She whispers that it's only for awhile
She swears that soon she'll be comin' back forever
She pulls away and leaves him with a smile

A lot of good songs on their Greatest Hits record for sure.  It sits at number two behind Michael Jackson's thriller for best selling albums of all time.  Eagles' Greatest was recently been updated after increasing from 29X Platinum in 2006 to 38X Platinum in 2018.  An album that continues to ride on momentum;  no doubt from streaming , downloads, and others media avenues that Millennial's and even a younger generation has discovered.   Writing this is making me feel old. 

Ok, this song's been done by a number of artists, and different writers claim the credit. I thought it was only done by 1 artist until a minute ago. 

"C'mon tell me where you gonna run to?
Don't you worry about me.
I'm going way down South,
Way down South where I'm gonna be free.
I'm going way down South,
Way down South maybe outside Mexico Way.
I'm gonna run, oh yeah."

32 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Human should take it.

OK.  When I read the "heading way down south, Mexico way" I knew it was Hey Joe made most popular by Jimi Hendrix and I think I remembered it was a cover. Genius lyrics website notes that "Authorship of the song has been called into question on numerous occasions over the years, though it was eventually settled that copyright belonged to Billy Roberts—an obscure folk singer from the 1960's".

formatting

12 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

OK.  When I read the "heading way down south, Mexico way" I knew it was Hey Joe made most popular by Jimi Hendrix and I think I remembered it was a cover. Genius lyrics website notes that "Authorship of the song has been called into question on numerous occasions over the years, though it was eventually settled that copyright belonged to Billy Roberts—an obscure folk singer from the 1960's".

I thought it was a Jimi Hendrix- specific song.   I also didn't know the later parts of the song, just the first verse and the tune.    Of course, the correct artist was Jimi OR anyone who actually played the thing, including Billy Roberts since he was a singer and not just a writer (apparently.)   The usual standard is for some kind of broadcast SOMEWHERE, but that's for the SONG, not the artist, really, and this song got/gets plenty of airplay.

So, Human's turn.

Mama, ooh,
Didn't mean to make you cry,
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.

Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine,
Body's aching all the time.
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

On 2/24/2019 at 10:59 AM, Human without the bean said:

Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.

Mama, ooh,
Didn't mean to make you cry,
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.

Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine,
Body's aching all the time.
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth