GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

I've heard of "Gitarzan" and Ray Stevens.  This one, not at all.  It's possible Raf has instead of me, but that's highly unlikely.  Outside of Dr Demento, I doubt this has seen airplay for several decades.  I doubt it's played on Dr Demento much, or that Raf would have heard it if it had.

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

Ok, here's a different song.

"If you want to find all the cops
They're hanging out in the donut shop.
They sing and dance (oh-way-oh).
They spin the clubs, cruise down the block."

I've realized over the years that I haven't got a good ear for hearing the lyrics to music.  But I made an attempt to listen harder and let the lyrics come out more clearly and it happens that one of those songs I've listened to lately was Walk Like An Egyptian by the Bangles.  I remembered that "all the cops They're hanging out in the donut shop part.

And while I'm drumming up another song for this board could you guys answer something.  Is it free to download iTunes on your PC?   I don't have a i-phone or anything like it. I do have Spotify. I thought they were a streaming service with fees, but I was online looking at some lyrics website that indicated that iTunes is free to download.  Is this true?  And I'll get another song up soon.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'll give it a shot.    I did look when I saw Human's question.  The quick answer I have, based on a quick look, is that the main program for Itunes is free.   If he wants the tunes, he PROBABLY will have to pay.  I didn't look that far, but I thought it was evident that they have to pay for their service somehow.  So, the program is free, and the music files cost money- that would follow the pattern for buying music as opposed to just streaming it/listening to the radio. 

WordWolf I think your right.  Unlike Spotify, they don't have a free music service.  You can choose to upgrade and get rid of the commercials.

Next tune:  

You say I'm a dreamer
We're two of a kind
Both of us searching
For some perfect world
We know we'll never find

So perhaps I should leave here
Yeah, yeah, go far away
But you know that there's nowhere
That I'd rather be 
Than with you here today
Oh, whoa, oh, whoa

22 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

WordWolf I think your right.  Unlike Spotify, they don't have a free music service.  You can choose to upgrade and get rid of the commercials.

Next tune:  

You say I'm a dreamer
We're two of a kind
Both of us searching
For some perfect world
We know we'll never find

So perhaps I should leave here
Yeah, yeah, go far away
But you know that there's nowhere
That I'd rather be 
Than with you here today
Oh, whoa, oh, whoa

It's not the Pizzicato 5- of which there are 3 members.  So, it must be "the Thompson Twins"- of which there are also 3 members.   They're named after the Tintin characters. Oddly enough, Thompson and Thomson are not "TWINS",  but they appear identical despite no genetic connection.   So, they're confused for twins. (Figuratively, they could be thought of as twins.)  I started listening to music with any seriousness in the 80s, just in time to hear the Thompson Twins.   This is "Hold Me Now."

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

No confirmation, but I'm guessing WW is up.

George

I didn't give a confirmation because it was obvious he knew about the group and song and other stuff.  I took it he would know it was an obvious given.  And he probably did.   WW just hasn't got back to it.

2 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I didn't give a confirmation because it was obvious he knew about the group and song and other stuff.  I took it he would know it was an obvious given.  And he probably did.   WW just hasn't got back to it.

I really do prefer getting a confirmation of some kind before I go. Until then, it's still officially your turn. Since you're confirming it, I can move on with a clear conscience. :)

On 3/25/2019 at 11:11 PM, WordWolf said:

I really do prefer getting a confirmation of some kind before I go. Until then, it's still officially your turn. Since you're confirming it, I can move on with a clear conscience. :)

I would prefer to log-in like I do on every other site I go to without having to "Request a new password" too,  but I can't.  So in order for me to confirm that "It's your turn", that means, open this site, (and so, an eight-step process begins) then request a password, go to my email, log in, open my request, go to GSC and reset my password and then log-in, and then, I'm given about 20 minutes or so before I become automatically logged out because WW wants a pacifier to indicate "that all one could ever know about the song, or movie, or actor" was enough to warrant my confirmation.

I could understand this if we had 1600 other players on the boards playing evry night or day and then that sort of need might be  warranted.  I don't think I want to play that way.  Just saying.   I think its ridiculous.

Anyway, I don't know your song WW.

"When you're that confident about the song, you can consider it confirmed and move on."  

I had no idea you had to "request a new password" every time you need to log in.  I have no idea why that would happen.  If it was chronic, I'd figure you'd work it out with the staff and eventually get that fixed or whatever.

"There's a weapon
That we must use.
In our defense
Silence reveals.
When you look at them,
Look right through them.
That's when they'll disappear,
That's when we'll be feared."

"Hush, my darling,
Don't you cry.
Quiet, angel
Forget their lies.

Can you hear them?
They talk about us.
Telling lies,
Well, that's no surprise.

Can you see them?
See right through them?
They have no shield,
No secrets to reveal."

18 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I would prefer to log-in like I do on every other site I go to without having to "Request a new password" too,  but I can't.  So in order for me to confirm that "It's your turn", that means, open this site, (and so, an eight-step process begins) then request a password, go to my email, log in, open my request, go to GSC and reset my password and then log-in, and then, I'm given about 20 minutes or so before I become automatically logged out because WW wants a pacifier to indicate "that all one could ever know about the song, or movie, or actor" was enough to warrant my confirmation.

I could understand this if we had 1600 other players on the boards playing evry night or day and then that sort of need might be  warranted.  I don't think I want to play that way.  Just saying.   I think its ridiculous.

Anyway, I don't know your song WW.

Perhaps you might check with a moderator.  Modcat lurks here.

The only time I have to do ANYTHING other than open the site is after my computer has rebooted and I have to sign in.  But I've never even had to change my password.

And I don't recognize the song, either.

George

"Can you hear them?
They talk about us.
Telling lies,
Well, that's no surprise.

Can you see them?
See right through them?
They have no shield,
No secrets to reveal.

It doesn't matter what they say
In the jealous games people play."