GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

"Let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on A-Jupiter and Mars. In other words, hold my hand.  In other words, baby, kiss me."

"Fill my heart with song. Let me sing forevermore. You are all I long for, all I worship and adore. In other words, please be true. In other words, In other words,  I love you."

I guarantee this is neither another 80s song, nor another one-hit-wonder,

Like to tell you 'bout my baby
You know she comes around
Just 'bout five feet four
From her head to the ground
Well she comes around here
Just about midnight
She makes me feel so good
Makes me feel alright

She comes around here
Just about midnight
She make me feel so good
I wanna tell ya she make me feel alright
Comes walkin' down my street
Comes up to my house
She knock upon my door
Then she call out my name
Do ya feel alright?

George

Well, they're packed pretty tight in here tonight
I'm looking for a dolly who'll see me right
I may use a little muscle to get what I need
I may sink a little drink and shout out, "She's with me"
A couple of the sounds that I really like
Are the sounds of a switchblade and a motorbike
I'm a juvenile product of the working class
Whose best friend floats in the bottom of a glass, oh

On 4/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, WordWolf said:

Obviously some tough guy, someone really butch. 

I think it's Reginald Dwight's "Saturday Night('s All Right For Fighting.)"

Yep, the song written by Bernie Taupin and composer by Elton John.  Call him Sir.

Let's see if any of you know this one, it's not that rare.  It IS, however, Spoken-word.  This is a 2-person exchange.

"Would he offer me his mouth?" "Yes." "Would he offer me his teeth?" "Yes." "Would he offer me his jaws?" "Yes." "Would he offer me his hunger?"  "Yes." "Again, would he offer me his hunger?" "YES."  "And would he starve without me?" "Yes."  "And does he love me?"  "Yes."    "(Yes.)"

On 4/29/2021 at 4:44 AM, WordWolf said:

Let's see if any of you know this one, it's not that rare.  It IS, however, Spoken-word.  This is a 2-person exchange.

"Would he offer me his mouth?" "Yes." "Would he offer me his teeth?" "Yes." "Would he offer me his jaws?" "Yes." "Would he offer me his hunger?"  "Yes." "Again, would he offer me his hunger?" "YES."  "And would he starve without me?" "Yes."  "And does he love me?"  "Yes."    "(Yes.)"

Ok, this was "HOT SUMMER NIGHT", one of Meat Loaf's spoken-word songs.   "On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?"

Then the entire exchange follows, with her eventually breathing out the "(Yes)" to the guy asking the initial question and answering all of her questions.    After her "(Yes)",  he asks again.

"On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?" "Yes."   "I bet you say that to ALL THE BOYS!"

Then the music begins and we immediately launch into "Took the Words Out of My Mouth."  All of that's from "Bat Out Of Hell", and lyricist JIM STEINMAN (Bernie Taupin to Meat Loaf's Elton John) is the guy who we heard in "Hot Summer Night."