And you're heading into more.

It's the same old story, yeah
Everywhere I go,
I get slandered, libeled,
I hear words I never heard in the Bible
And I'm one step ahead of the shoe shine
Two steps away from the county line
Just trying to [Song Title]

Going back a few pages I've noticed that you guys are O for 5 in the last tunes that I've posted.  These are not obscure songs, played regularly where ever music was heard, Neil Young, The Who, The Guess Who.  This song was released in 1969.  One might argue the height of the rock n roll music period,  The Beatles were still together (at least on paper), Led Zeppelin taking off,  Woodstock concert, the cream was rising to the top.  The really good bands CCR, Santana, CSN were becoming great bands.  The really good bands released their best stuff,  The Beatles, 'Abbey Road' , Creedence released 'Willie and Poor Boys', Crosby Still, Nash released "their debut CSN'. 

Now to my point, {I'm not getting on anyone's case, OK, I'm just writing}.  This song is from an iconic American band that for me, personally, started my journey into music, enjoying it, listening and playing it, celebrating everything that music is and had become in our great country.  Oops I'm sorry.  I just looked it up.  This SONG was released in Jan, 1970.  But it still applies here I think, especially since the album is 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'.  Anyway it kind of blows my mind that you, George, or WordWolf (so far) don't have a clue.  Same goes for the other song thread right now.  I mean that is a 'Beatles' song. It was very popular as is this song in this thread.   Hope this doesn't go to O for 6.

There were literally thousands of songs that had a lot of airplay in the 60s and 70s.  Whereas songs from those years are probably more memorable to me, not all of them are, not by a long shot.  It's possible that when you post the title of this song, it will be something I remember; but I'm not getting it from the lyrics.  This is presumably a Simon and Garfunkel song (considering your BoTW reference), but I don't recognize it.  The same with the Beatles' song in the other music thread.

George

*looks it up* Never heard this one, either.

You know, there's quite a few songs I like that I could post but I don't because they came out in the 90s and I don't think any of you have heard them.   I don't get on you about that, I just post a different song that you probably HAVE heard. For me, I set my cutoff, as a rule of thumb, for 1985.  After that, unless the song blew up, I don't think you've heard it. 

On the other side, unless the song had airplay from the late 70s on, I have no chance whatsoever to have heard it.  (Unless I've heard the album, which is pretty rare, but possible if rare for the Beatles because Mrs Wolf likes the Beatles.)

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Remember that we don't want album cuts but rather songs that made it on the air. 

Your 0 for 6 now and I don't think that gives you the right to say anything does it?  Songs on the album were songs on the radio.  Where did you grow up that you didn't hear the songs from "Bridge Over Troubled Water'?  Stop whining about it.  I told you all I was doing was writing words down and don't get offended.  Now you're telling me how to play?   Ridiculous chatter.

One rule we've agreed upon for the thread as a whole is that the songs have to have had actual airplay, and not just have been album cuts.  The idea is that album cuts will only be heard by those who have the album, but airplay includes a LOT more people.     I've loved songs that never got airplay, so I've never used them in this game. 

Keep in mind that if one song on an album gets airplay, that doesn't mean ALL the songs on the album got airplay.   Even albums where most of the songs were hit singles usually had at least 1 or 2 songs that never got airplay.  George never said this was one such song, just that it might not have been- and if it was, it's outside the convention for this thread.

Honestly, it's not fair to expect people to know songs that never got airplay no matter how famous their albums got.  I'm sure you'd complain about that if others posted album cuts you never heard nor heard of. 

This one has been covered by scads of artists, so any of those choices I will accept.

Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana,
Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana,
Monterey, Ferriday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa
Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa,
Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake,
Grand Lake, Devil's Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake;

Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika,
Shefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica,
Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport,
Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond Du Lac, Davenport,
Idaho, Jellicoe, Argentina, Diamontina,
Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean, sir;

I didn't think that this was going to the grey area.  For some reason I seem to have picked up the British spelling for grey.

Anyway, here's something else'

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlights people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night

Well then, here's another group of lines'

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlights people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night

Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues