On 3/18/2022 at 4:31 AM, Human without the bean said:

~  Heart~  Magic Man  100%

"And I fell asleep and dreamed
I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie
And that I was the star of the movie
This really blew my mind, the fact that me,
an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome
should be the star of a Hollywood movie"

Meanwhile, this was Eric Burdon (of The Animals)  and War.  I think the title was "Spill the Wine."

"Spill the Wine and Dig that Pearl."  

I used to think that was "Do I take that girl."

"Well, we shot the line and we went for broke with a thousand screamin' trucks, and  eleven long-haired Friends of Jesus in a chartreuse micro-bus.

" Ah, Rubber Duck to Sodbuster, come over. Yeah, 10-4, Sodbuster? Listen, you wanna put that micro-bus right behind that suicide jockey? Yeah, he's hauling dynamite, and he needs all the help he can get.""

18 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Sounds like we got us a

"Convoy."

I think it was a one-hit wonder, though.  I can't remember the artist.

George

This IS "Convoy."

I think it was a one-hit wonder, also.  Some people said he had some other hits, but I've never heard of them, so to me, that's a one-hit wonder (at least de-facto from my perspective.)   (Then again, he did C & W, not R & R.)

The artist was "C.W. McCall."   William Dale Fries Jr was his real name, "McCall" was his show-biz name.

• 2 weeks later...

You say you love me and you're thinkin' of me
But you know you could be wrong
You say you told me that you want to hold me
But you know you're not that strong

I just can't do what I've done before
I just can't beg you anymore
I'm gonna pass
And I'll go last

You say you love me and you're thinkin' of me
But you know you could be wrong
You say you told me that you want to hold me
But you know you're not that strong

I just can't do what I've done before
I just can't beg you anymore
I'm gonna let you pass
And I'll go last

Well, the judge, he holds a grudge
He's gonna call on you
But he's badly built and he walks on stilts
Watch out he don't fall on you

You say you're sorry for tellin' stories
That you know I believe are true
You say you got some other kind of lover
And yes, I believe you do

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had forgotten that this was up here.  I don't think I will give anymore lyrics to it.  I think you guys know about me now, having been trading songs and movies, actors and such  between us for a few years that I like Bob Dylan's music.  A lot of his music isn't mainstream except for his 60's period and probably some 70's too.  This song is from his "Blonde on Blonde" 1967 album titles "Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll go Mine".  Was he thinking about Joan Baez when he wrote it, I don't know?  It was released in 2007 as a re-mastered online single and a video of it became quite popular.  The video takes you on a journey through the time period when Bob Dylan was writing and performing his best stuff and includes famous scenes in pop-culture where Bob Dylan pops around from one place to another;  re- creating the iconic album cover of "The FreeWheelin' Bob Dylan" but never showing the actor portraying Bob Dylan from the front.  Only his back side.  A scene of the famous Subterranean Homesick Blues with the writing of the lyrics on the cards, his divorce period, that would be "Blood on the Tracks" otherwise known as the divorce album.  This period will never get old for me.

How about I just post it and you can take a look at it. 

Edited by Human without the bean

"Video unavailable. The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

I'm GUESSING it's a Bob Dylan song, but there's reasons we ask that the title and artist be posted in plain text.  Sometimes the video isn't available. Sometimes the video is removed right after the post is posted. Sometimes, the reader has the player disabled- and sometimes they're locked out from re-enabling it.  

So, I still don't have the title.   

*does a search on the lyrics with Bob Dylan*

Ok, that was "Most Likely You Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine".

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bobdylan/mostlikelyyougoyourwayandillgomine.html