GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

"And I saw an angel come down unto me.  In her hand she holds the very key- Words of compassion, words of peace.
And in the distance an army's marching feet (1,2,3,4 - 1,2,3,4).  But behold, we will watch them fall.  And we lay down on the sand of the sea.  And before us animosity will stand and decree that we speak not of love only blasphemy. And in the distance, 6 others will curse me- but that's alright, (that's alright), for I will watch them fall(1,2,3,4,5,6,7)."

32 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

Nothing relatable yet.  Something that is relatable though is I'm listening to Golden Slumbers and the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 part and "all good children go to heaven" just played.  But that's not it.

Was that too much?

"And I saw an angel come down unto me.  In her hand she holds the very key- Words of compassion, words of peace.
And in the distance an army's marching feet (1,2,3,4 - 1,2,3,4).  But behold, we will watch them fall.  And we lay down on the sand of the sea.  And before us animosity will stand and decree that we speak not of love only blasphemy. And in the distance, 6 others will curse me- but that's alright, (that's alright), for I will watch them fall(1,2,3,4,5,6,7)."

"And we will see a plague and a river of blood. And every evil soul will surely die in spite of their 7 tears, but do not fear- 4 in the distance, 12 souls from now, U and me will still be here - we will still be here.
There will be a new city with streets of gold, the young so educated they never grow old.
And there will be no death 4 with every breath
The Voice of Many Colors sings a song that's so bold.
Sing it while we watch them fall."

Ok, those paying close attention can probably identify The Artist, if not the song.

50 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

With that capitalization, I'd guess Prince, but I don't know this song from its lyrics.

George

By the lyrics as well, since substituting a letter or number for a word is a thing with songs Prince writes- which he usually records.  (He also wrote Sinead OConnor's "Nothing Compares 2 U.")

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

So, what's the title?

George

That´s Prince and the New Power Generation doing ¨7¨.   It´s a pretty good song, and worth a listen. The video is neat, also.  Supposedly, it´s about a man who swears to vanquish the 7 guards separating him from his beloved.  Since this is Prince, there´s a lot of stuff going on in the song while that´s happening.

Next song.

"Sometime from now you'll bow to pressure,  some things in life you cannot measure by degrees.
I'm between the Poles and the Equator.
Don't send no private investigator to find me please,
'Less he speaks Chinese,
And can dance like Astaire overseas.
Okay."

"See, It was just too soon to tell, and looking for some parallel, can be an endless game.
We, we said goodbye before hello. My secrets she will never know, and if I dig a hole to China, I'll catch the first junk to Soho."

"Sometime from now you'll bow to pressure,  some things in life you cannot measure by degrees.
'Less he speaks Chinese,
Okay."

"So,
She says it's time she goes,
But wanted to be sure I know
She hopes we can be friends.

I think. 'Yeah, I guess we can' say I.
But didn't think to ask her why, she blocked her eyes and drew the curtains, with knots I've got yet to untie."

"See, It was just too soon to tell, and looking for some parallel, can be an endless game.
We, we said goodbye before hello. My secrets she will never know, and if I dig a hole to China, I'll catch the first junk to Soho."

'Less he speaks Chinese,
Okay."

"What if I was.   So, what if I was.
Maybe she's just looking for someone to dance with."

Edited by WordWolf

Bill walked me to my door last night,
And he said, Before I go
There's something about our love affair,
That I have a right to know