GreaseSpot Cafe

8th Corps

Lifted Up

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, it's not like we were fighting you for the top. After all, nobody posted on any corps thread for 5 1/2 days.

Hi, LU I was just responding (in jest) to a friendly challenge about which corps is on the top. Friendly competition, comic relief from some of the deeper things discussed in the other threads, anyway thanks for being such a good sport.

Hi, LU I was just responding (in jest) to a friendly challenge about which corps is on the top. Friendly competition, comic relief from some of the deeper things discussed in the other threads, anyway thanks for being such a good sport.

Same idea here. I was just mildly surprised that this forum has been so quiet lately. really, Rummy and I are just trying to find out where everyone is. It is tru that in residence we were smaller than the two corps right before us, and probably all of them after us for many years. But we werent THAT small.

And Rummy, i was in frequent contact with a former 8th corps who graduated with the 9th for quite a while, but contact there has been rather sparse for a few years. LN (with VN).

I don't care if we're on top; I'd settle for just finding a few more of us.

Don't get your hopes up LU - you remember we were never a corps that socialized much anyway. The naysayers that show up here to take shots at the 8th are wannabes anyway

Don't get your hopes up LU - you remember we were never a corps that socialized much anyway. The naysayers that show up here to take shots at the 8th are wannabes anyway

Maybe you're right Rummy. Ive mentioned a couple times how on my interim Philly WOW year with fellow 8th EW, how the 6th/8th corps sister pair (CD and CD) who ran the "regular" Philly branch complained to us that we never asked them out. I dont think I have mentioned how the year before Emporia, on my "apprentice" year, I was quite the opposite.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well hi 8th Corps, it's been years since I popped my head above the ground and decided to venture back. Glad to know you're all still here. I've written a book about the "underbelly" of the Corps experience - the secret Corps within the Corps - Dr. W's "chosen." Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Did anyone else have to carry around the "lockbox?" how many were there of us? tex

well hi 8th Corps, it's been years since I popped my head above the ground and decided to venture back. Glad to know you're all still here. I've written a book about the "underbelly" of the Corps experience - the secret Corps within the Corps - Dr. W's "chosen." Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Did anyone else have to carry around the "lockbox?" how many were there of us? tex

Yes, maybe you could supply us with more info...and were you 8th corps? You can e-mail (it is on my profile) or PM me; I have few secrets in private conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

there was me (i'm 9th) and i know many many more

much love,

ex

Can you tell us what was in the lockbox, and how some were chosen?

Is there more than presented here at GSC?

Do we have to buy the book to find out?

• 7 months later...

From my point of view, there were quite a few fun things that happened in res. For just one example, I can always joke about the time on the TX farm when, in the middle of a dark night, I entered the wrong porta john...then as luck would have it, got walked into by someone trying to use the RIGHT potty. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Of course, not everyone had such fun on their TX farm trip...a little sobering to think of some things that were going on, possibly at times when I was having so much fun.

yes, it happens all the time in this world, terrible things happen to people while we are having fun. And if we banned having fun on that basis, we might all die. But when something terrible happens to someone doing the same things at roughly the same times and places, it hits home.

If something terrible happens out in the open for all to see, it is hard to go on having fun. Who could think of playing baseball on that opening day years ago after umpire John McSherry collapsed and died?

If it happens under your nose and you find out about it years later, you don't have to deal with going on with the fun you were having at the time. But it sure makes you pause when you do think about those times.

• 2 months later...
Only one post after the third of January. Can we get this going again? Gee, I would like to be surprised somehow. maybe it is a sign of the times. Even the 9th corps thread has been in relative doldrums lately.

OK it's marginally going again. You're up late