GreaseSpot Cafe

8th Corps

Lifted Up

Well, that worked only to the extent that I heard again from my first 8th corps roomie.

With that, I make the 200th post on this thread

:eusa_clap: Gee, I am so glad everyone cares about that, especially since I gave everone more than a week.

No wisecracks from the 9th, please.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...no one ever accused the 8th of being a social group - wry smile here

Well, that worked only to the extent that I heard again from my first 8th corps roomie.

With that, I make the 200th post on this thread

:eusa_clap: Gee, I am so glad everyone cares about that, especially since I gave everone more than a week.

No wisecracks from the 9th, please.

wish.gif

scooter.gif

Do us a favor, and don't make your 10,000th post on our thread. :biglaugh:

Which is probably safe, you'll probably do it on the political forum or baseball thread before you even see this post!

And yes. I have noticed your diversity lately to the extend of posting on a few other forums.

Do us a favor, and don't make your 10,000th post on our thread. :biglaugh:

Which is probably safe, you'll probably do it on the political forum or baseball thread before you even see this post!

And yes. I have noticed your diversity lately to the extend of posting on a few other forums.

img.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Tired of just keeping the 9th corps thread alive! Let 'em live or sleep on their own merits!!!

Besides, there's something about this 8th corps thread that fits my mood right now.

Heya - easy does it - we were never known as a sociable group - the 8th "non-response" is right in character.

Hope you have a good holiday

Heya - easy does it - we were never known as a sociable group - the 8th "non-response" is right in character.

Hope you have a good holiday

You must have spent time as a carpenter because you may have hit that nail right on.

Yea I'll have a good holiday, if only because through a common quirk in my work schedule, I get paid for working it even though I actually have Thanksgiving day off...since I only have two days off this week, I get paid as if I am working the holiday

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just think of the 8th (that were honest and decent) as the LithSOF that was posted about. We never scored big with the "heavy hitters" we broke more rules than the 6th (who are famous for rule breaking) and we just didn't give a cr@p about the stupid motorcoach...

and we don't stay in touch either

• 1 month later...
Hey just think of the 8th (that were honest and decent) as the LithSOF that was posted about. We never scored big with the "heavy hitters" we broke more rules than the 6th (who are famous for rule breaking) and we just didn't give a cr@p about the stupid motorcoach...

and we don't stay in touch either

"we broke more rules than the 6th (who are famous for rule breaking)"

not possible, my old friend... if you had any idea just how much went on our first year in res...no way could you guys have pulled as much....... :beer: :beer: .... :evilshades: .. :spy::evildenk::dance: .... :who_me: .... :drink: :drink:

Now that would be a helluva party alfa...some trusted ex 6th and 8th together with a lot of beer and some BBQ going...and line up for the contest. 6th (out of false deference) gets to go first since you guys are two years closer to dying than us 8th. <name> well I did this...8th steps forward in response <name> yeah wuss? Well I did this and that. etc etc. It would sound like that old 1970's National Lampoon album "That's Not Funny, That's Sick" where the guy goes into the confessional and tell the priest, "Forgive me Father for I have sinned." Priests asks about his sin. The guy says,"Well I f(cked this woman - oops I'm sorry I had sex..." Priest says it's OK I've heard it all - so they start gong back and forth with nasty words/phrases - finally ends when the guy says "rhino cl(t" - Priest pauses, then says, "That's disgusting! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fade to next gig.

"we broke more rules than the 6th (who are famous for rule breaking)"

not possible, my old friend... if you had any idea just how much went on our first year in res...no way could you guys have pulled as much....... :beer: :beer: .... :evilshades: .. :spy::evildenk::dance: .... :who_me: .... :drink: :drink:

Now that would be a helluva party alfa...some trusted ex 6th and 8th together with a lot of beer and some BBQ going...and line up for the contest. 6th (out of false deference) gets to go first since you guys are two years closer to dying than us 8th. <name> well I did this...8th steps forward in response <name> yeah wuss? Well I did this and that. etc etc. It would sound like that old 1970's National Lampoon album "That's Not Funny, That's Sick" where the guy goes into the confessional and tell the priest, "Forgive me Father for I have sinned." Priests asks about his sin. The guy says,"Well I f(cked this woman - oops I'm sorry I had sex..." Priest says it's OK I've heard it all - so they start gong back and forth with nasty words/phrases - finally ends when the guy says "rhino cl(t" - Priest pauses, then says, "That's disgusting! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fade to next gig.

It sounds right up my alley... I wonder if they rent out the old Sydney house for private parties....

Well Sky - most all of 6th and 8th stayed reprobate - who do you think the first to walk out of the clergy meeting were?!?!?

and what makes you think some of the reprobate 6th and there prodiginy of the 8th havent continued to ...well shall we say be reprobate? your talkin about some mighty fine folks

Happy trails to them all

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm looking for Steve Strick, my old Branch coordinator from years gone by - but I forget which Corps he was in ...just that it was an early one. Any one in touch with him, or remember which corps it was? Thanks!

Blessings,

Castingcare

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I never thought I could make two posts on this FORUM (not just this thread) three weeks apart and not have anyone else post in between. Looks like the 9th corps people are petered out.

Still over a month, I had to resurrect them, it sure wasn't like this a few years ago. Maybe we all ARE getting to old.