GreaseSpot Cafe

8th Corps

Lifted Up

Maybe they didn't want to give you the recognition if you left on your own before they had a chance to drop you. I never had to worry about that because I didn't make it to graguation. Was put on LOA during my final year and went through the deprogramming. Wonder if I would have made it back like one of my 8th buddies who was put on LOA, came back and graduated with the 9th corps.

Anyway I of course ceased to exist as well; became one of George Orwell's unpersons. The irony of that is that during out first residence year we had our branch pictures taken and they eventually were combined as part of a corps gift with presumably the 8th corps along with those 6th who were with us at the time. But I did not make it into that picture, as they were taken while I was laboring away at the Texas farm.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we weren't that small. The first big corps was the 6th; a little over 300 first year residents...312 comes to my mind but I am not sure. Then the 7th was even bigger, 350 odd or something like that. Then the 8th was only 257, then the next few corps were bigger again.

But the 5th was only 87 or something like that. Dunno about the fourth but I know it was small...they were called to be in res at HQ during our final residence year, so I saw a bunch of them that fall of 1979.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you ATEth corps may be our seniors, but you have no commitment! look at yourselves! a measly 4o something posts! it's OK to exceed your age in number of posts... perhaps you all can band together with the other slackerer corps threads and get something going... OK?

now, quit entertaining those spirits and do your retemories!

... big hitter, the lama...

Since when is commitment mean being blabby? Some of us arent loudmouths.

Actually, when in residence, I spent so much time on my retemories I had no time to talk. I was known for this enough to be reproved by JT at one point for being able to remember so much verse but not my shadow appointment with him.

Oh, I've had my moments at times, though not too many around here remember my record posting on the original Waydale THE thread.