GreaseSpot Cafe

8th Corps

Lifted Up

I dont think you have any idea...you werent around during THE original THE thread, were you?

Actually I did much of the retemorizing during my interim (WOW) year...at HQ I just worked on retaining it. And, I DID remember my shadow appointment with the top guy.

Pardon the interruption...

HEY, FELLOW 8TH....HELP ME HOLD OUR HONOR UP!!!!!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No I didnt. Reminds me of the time I made a request in my high school French on the old teletype years ago for a resend on a river report. The guy at the other end came back in a torrent of fluent French which overwhelmed me...followed by "Didn't know I spoke French did you">

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there, Lifted up up and away...

How about jarring my memory and name some names of some of your beloved and absent 8th corps bretheren and sistern (which can hold no water).

Other than a handful of folks, I can't remember who was in what corps.

Might as well, since they seem to have been caught away...

quote:
Originally posted by tonto:

Hey there, Lifted up up and away...

How about jarring my memory and name some names of some of your beloved and absent 8th corps bretheren and sistern (which can hold no water).

Other than a handful of folks, I can't remember who was in what corps.

Might as well, since they seem to have been caught away...

Oka, but it will be a haphazard listing...

Phil Colvin, Paul Brooks, Lonnie Nelson (went to 9th later), David Wilensky, Beatrice Chamberlain, Vini Roccosalvo, Peg Kelley, Helen Gallego, Wolfgang Schneider, Karen DeVincent, Rene Cole, Patrice Blessing, Steve Roberts, Cindy Roberts, Steve Morrison, ZBrad & Christine Thorpe...

I can think of more right now but don't feel like going overboard, plus not sure it's a great idea to try to give even a small partial roster.

My name isnt in there; anyone can find it out, preferably while revealing theirs also, by e-mailing me at...

smile092850@hotmail.com

Only two of those names rang a bell...Wolfgang and his wife stayed over at our house one night in the early eighties on their way to headquarters, maybe. I think I remember David Wilensky and his wife being at Mark and Holly Lewis' house in Baton Rouge around 1986. There were charades and drinks and merry hearts making good like medicine.

Let er rip with more names, if you please.