Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Okay, that's it; been over 6 months. I refuse to let this thread drop out of sight.

OK I'm new here - but was 8th Corps. Funny how few of the 8th post or post much of anything other than brief "hellos." I've stayed completely out of touch since 1987.

I realize we were the smallest corps of our era (smaller than the 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, and dont know after that)...but there must be someone besides me around these days.

Yeah there is someone else who just registered...although the postings here are so old I doubt anyone will see this one. I've been out of touch for 20 years now...this is a little interesting reading all of the old postings

Welcome, Rum. I knew Earl Burton, also. Might you have spent time in Texas?

By the way, I always thought that the 8th corps was cool. A couple of them stayed with us as Lightbearers to my hometown, during my apprentice year. They were awesome.

Thanks for the welcome. Spent time in Louisiana but not Texas.

OK RumRunner...I'm back in the saddle again...does spending time in Louisianna make you a coonass?

Naw - I was a tranplant - but after the clergy meeting I sure as hell tried to tell those poor Cajuns that TWI was milking money from what was really going on.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey...first of all, I have a thing about on line impressions...hey, even without the 30 years, I believe we all create different impressions on line that in person. I could go on a long time on that idea but I will hold my peace...

But you certainly are right in large part. 30 years ago, a Russian wife ago, 5 kids including four teenagers ago, umpteen budget squeezes ago, etc etc etc...last but not least, a long time ago TWI life and one deprgramming ago.

If my chance you are referring to me possibly not being the most talkative or outgoing person around, both of the above factors apply. All the myriad things in life have forced me to become more outgoing. On the other hand, I think there are a lot of shy people who find it a lot easier being bold online.

I have a son who is one of the most outgoing people around. I think he got that from his mother, and I also think his disability has something to do with it.

Thanks. I should clarify the above a bit, since I got a PM from someone else that ponted out my poor wording. In using the word "ago", I was trying to cover that so much has happened in almost 30 years. But it could imply that I no longer have some of the above. Of course I have not had the TWI life for a long time, but I do currently have the Russian wife and 5 kids, including 4 teenagers.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...