GreaseSpot Cafe

8th Corps

Lifted Up

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no need for jealousy Pegger! ... remember, we are speaking from God or for God on that our tread... heed our words...

I dont think there was any jealousy there. If I remember correctly, Pegger was a lot like me in being a fairly quiet person, before, during, and (at least in my case) after TWI. Maybe that's why we fit in so well with the humble 8th.

oh... it's "the humble eighth" now is it? OK... :biglaugh:

Yea...you got it. But then, maybe you people are trying to prove you can be just as humble. In view of past blabbiness, it is hard for me to accept that the 9th corps thread has now been quiet for more than 72 hours!!!!

But I am sure that streak will be ended shortly...not by me I might add...

If you guys will just give me 20 minutes of your time,I will prove to you that you don't a thing you're talking about in the field of corpse posting...Why,I've forgotten more about posting than you boys'll ever know....From here on out I think I'll just post toasties or grapenuts on this thread....

That's why I was talking before about the humble 8th. I gotta be honest, we never were really that humble. We are about as humble as a pair of IRS agents. :biglaugh: But...in contrast with you all....

Hi Hawk and Lifted ... good to hear from you again. Sorry I haven't posted for a bit. Between work and play, haven't been near my computer for a few days. <_<

Interesting to hear from "Kat" as well. I remember you from our time together in Kansas. Can't remember... were you ever in Washington State in the 80's? I know some of the sicketh were, not sure about you Kat. There were some crazies in the sicketh, but I will say this - I learned a lot from my elder Corps, so take a bow and dance a little :dance:

I will say this about the 9th Corps. I never really knew you guys, so it's rather hard for me to be jealous, or envious of you all. I knew your elders (1st-8th Corps) much better. You do seem to have a desire to talk/post a lot (most of which I have never bothered to read). Do you really have that much to say? Or do you guys just like to hear yourselves talk/post?

:redface2: Were we humble? Hmmmmm.... I think Lifted covered that.

We may not have as many posts as the 9th, but you know, I'll be content with what we've got. We'll plod along. I have the greatest respect for my 8th Corps bros that post. My hats off to you.

Pegger

I need to make one more post today.Good job Pegger, we have the 9th in fourth place now. And you are aollowed to post on this 6th corps thread because we knew them so well. I dont cheat by posting on a lot of stray threads just to drive them down. We can let them sink of their own accord.

so why is it that you eighth folks keep trying to make something of our posts?

we simply enjoy each other's company and this is how we "hang out"...

tis a pity that you try to make it into something else... awfully high minded of you...

(this would be where I'd say: "if the shoe fits...")

Make something of your posts???

It is some of you who seem to declare that the forbidden has happened when a thread or two gets above the 9th corpse thread. Of course there is no rule against hanging out or socializing, but being on top seems to be a matter of pride.

Go back to Simon's post on Sept. 27 and the concerns he expressed for your "dear thread".

Edited by Lifted Up

In a way they should be up there Pegger. In Baseball or Football or Hockey the team that scores more runs or points or goals tends to wind up on top. In this case their majority time on top is a direct result of being blabby.

remember the old cliche...better to keep your mouth sut and be thought a fool than to open it too mucb and remove all doubt.?