GreaseSpot Cafe

11th Corps

Dot Matrix

I feel a great need for a group hug and a few holy kisses and some laying on of hands and..... oh darn am I starting to sound like ______________ ( Fill in the blank with your favorite corps coordinator)

Naw, really, I'm headed out climbing for a week, see you when I get back down. then we can set up a date time and place for the worlds largest corps group hug

I'm Back. Rock last week was great and I climbed a couple thousand wonderful feet of limestone. Mrs. Out There came with me and we had a blast sitting on some ledges and looking at the tourists. I even got one of them to say "so thats how they do it, Thats how they go to the bathroom up there". I did try to spit off the rock but the wind just drove it back into my face. Oh well at least now I can wait for that group hug Dooj a little longer

Sprawled you are absolutely right. We all are the greatest group of people in the world and very special. I'm trying not to be biased but true is true.

Are there any sheep around here?

Ok all you eleventh out there....

Look at the photo of us in 11th and F7. My N*cky (N*cole) is in the fifth row back and about the third from the left. (Don't count the ne'er do well leaders in the front row. Anyone know where she is?

no, really, i think the 11th corps was a special group of folks. maybe everyone feels that way about the corps they were in. (of course, they'd be wrong, but...) ;)

Amen Amen Amen, Brother, you got that right!

Hi Joe - Haven't seen you for a while. I am glad your back. I see we both share the same taste in corps.

I've taken up a new sport recently called slacklining. It's somewhat similar to tightrope walking except the line moves as you walk on it. Haven't quite got it mastered yet and I have bruises in areas where the Lord never meant for us to get bruised in. Oh well. I guess I'm still young yet, maybe I still have some more growing up to do before I learn any better.

How's NY treating you? I'll be in Lake Placid a few times this summer. Some guiding and also taking care of some land I own up there.

Life is good!

Dooj,

Thanks for posting the link to the pic. I had lost ours - many years ago. I must admit. That when I think of people in the Snake Eye Corps, these are the faces that come to mind. If I ran into most people today, with all those years gone by - I would most likey walk by everyone because they did not look like the memory in my head (not that I have not aged, HA !) - Incidents... so many came to mind as I looked at those faces. What a trip down memory lane!

Thanks so much.

As a general comment: sorry I do not post much, now. After being diagnosed with Cancer back some months ago... I have been very focused on living. My daily regimine changed. Had to give up some things in order to make time for things that I settled on doing in order to get well. So far - things are going great! Really.

Best to everyone!!! :)

Too Grey:

I just spent a few moment in prayer for you. I wish only God's best for you. Always remember the great 11th is here for you.

By the way, I look much the same as I did when we were all together. I'm sure you would recognize me on the street, Just look for the guy who looks like Bill Gates

Edited by Out There

Thanks, Dooj and Out There.

I appreciate it. :wave:

On a completly different note: I was looking at the member number on the profiles. Out There - you joined this fine forum after I did - yet your number is lower than mine. Hmmmmmmm. How did you get in front of me when you showed up, later??

Do you remember Fran_ He_ _ n (9th Corps, I think) and how he used to get up at lunch and give the news for the week in review? Very funny guy. Had a wit like Dave Berry... if you ever followed his stuff.

Anyway, there was this one bit he did on 'nextness' and how the social pecking order works.

Say a person wants to cut in line and you are waiting to but tickets and this person says to you:

"Pardon me, but do you mind if I cut in line here because... blah blah blah blah..."

As long as they get BEHIND you - you have no problem with it whatsoever. This is phenomena known as "Nextness". None of us really care at all about someone cutting in - as long as it doesn't change your OWN nextness.

Wonder where Fran_ H. ended up? Probably writing humor for some sitcom. I think he might have been a Cornell graduate. I don't really remember, though.

Too Grey, I am a real life line cutter. Yes I know its wrong but there is nothing I hate worse in this whole world than waiting in lines. I once worked in corporate america and I was in line for a promotion. I waited until it was my turn, I got the promotion then quit because now I was in line for another promotion. I kept seeing endless lines in front of me and couldn't stand it any more. I started my own business 13 years ago yesterday so that way I would be at the top and not have to wait in line for a promotion.

My business celebrated its 13th anniversary yesterday with a big Festivus party. You would have loved it. We had a high altitude climbing contest which meant all the lucky contestants got to put there feet into a tub filled with ICE water. whoever kept thier feet in longest won. A 17 year old gal who works for me went 55 minutes to win a nice backpack.

We also played twister but with a different twist to it. we did it vertically. I'll tell you there is a lot to be said about deciding not to wait in line anymore.

If we have to wait in line when Jesus returns, I'm going to have Lena hold my place while I go to the concession stand and get something to eat. (I hope I know the manager that way I won't have to wait in line)

I always buy my movie tickets on line that way I won't have to wait in line.

When I get to a mcdonalds, If there is a line in drive thru I always park and go inside were I hope there is no line.

I avoid lines at all costs. Line for the bathroom... I go elsewhere (Don't ask where) Line for a buffet lunch. I'll go on the other side of the table. Line at customs, I'll volunteer to get searched so I get through faster.

Yes. avoiding lines is what I do. I'm thinking of opening a new website called www.dontwaitinline.com

• 2 weeks later...

Out There - you have got to ask questions that pertain to the 11th corps. If you ask about the 22nd or some such nonsense - we (or at least I) have no answers.

Most of us 11th were smart enough to leave before the manure hit the spreader...

Whoops, I so humbly apologize. I was thinking that maybe some were not so smart but you are absolutely right. The manure kind of overflowed the sides of the spreader also. Can you imagine what it must be like being in the 36th corps today? lets see, work crews will report today to Rosies closet to help organize her wardrobe. Lunch time announcements - same old cr@p as yesterday, dinner menu - same old Cr@p as yesterday. announcements: would all the branch coordinators please report to the presidents room after the meal; would all twig coordinators please report to the presidents room after the meal; would all area coordinators please report to the presidents room after the... oh he!! with it, would both corps people please report to the presidents room after the meal.