GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Whatever he'd have said, he would certainly have to work it around as to how HE (wierw.) was SO MUCH MORE SPIRITUAL than the pope. Superior in every way. Pope couldn't carry his briefcase.

Heck, when everybody ran across that little area toward the Ice Cream Bowl, we should have all just kept running!

Hindsight is a terrible thing to waste. I hope that the lurkers who are reading this, and who are still in the Way, can take advantage of our experiences, both in and out of the Way, and make the right decision for themselves and their children.

He is actually 78.

John Paul II was only 58 when elected and reigned for nearly 27 years.

It's the nature of the system - the Pope is only elected by senior churchmen who have usually taken many years to get to that position themselves. One of the factors is that they don't really like long reigns so it is rare that anyone under 65 gets elected and after a long reign they have tried to balance it out with what is calculated to be a shorter one.

In the LDS the seniority system usually means at least an octogenarian!

wow tref, how nice to see you here !!!!!!!!

did you read on the forums that paddy herron (one "r" or 2 i forget) is writing bestsellers about giants or something in the bible. sounds interesting plus he'll probably get rich (unlike me) but maybe he'll sponsor me

mick heron was in the 9th with us. paddy 11th. do you know them ?

dear ms. byrne !!!!! i saw a pic of her somewhere on here from igotout i believe. she looks mahvelous

i remember the butterlys too

did you know the macmillian (sp?) clan from scotland ? kathleen brought a cosmetics suitcase to LEAD. i really enjoyed that

roses are red

violets are not

where are you all

smoking pot ?

Boy,there's no telling what back-alley threads that these Limeys who drive on the wrong side of the road will end up in...Don't worry,Tref,as Howard Allen used to say "Ain't no friends here at the way,just strange people we haven't met yet"...or something like that...

When I was in the corpse,I don't know that I cared much for the Brits,or the Welsh,or the Irish,...but I did like the Scotch...Who was it that said "I like my women blond and my Johnny Walker Red?"...

Hey ya'll? How ya been? I have been entangled with the affairs of this world, working a lot, busy, tripped out.

Anyway, Iain is in Canada. He called me a few mos ago. Up and left his country with his family out of the blue to move to Canada where he is compelled to start a ministry helping less fortunate people. And he is starting a window washing business. (Hence the call to me, the master.)

He's as friendly as he has always been. He sent me a nice picture of his family, and Don's family but asked me not to post it. Did you know Iain has a 16 year old son and 13 year old girl triplets!

Kathleen married a 12th Corps guy (Phillip Brewer) she met at Gartmoore. No children. Living in Portland, OR.

Radar O'Reiley came for a visit and so did Belle last weekend. It was nice to meet them after all this time.

Bye for now friends. Keep the laughs going. (Someone should copy this thread and make a book out of it.)

My oh my! 237 pages! It's an amazing thing...

And thanks Iga tout for the update on the MacMillian brothers. Wow, triplette 13 year old girls! Too much trouble for one dad! icon_smile.gif:)-->

And hey there Fellowsipper! How is springtime in eastern OK? And how's yer dam job? Are the snakes out? Well, if you ever sit back and have a "cold one" as you used to like to say, just remember your old friend up here in Alaska...Love you bro...

Johnny Lingo, you can always call me Rondo. The snakes I have not seen out yet but the lizards are, but hey, they even come out in winter on warm days. Oh the joys of the east side of the Great Plains. My Dam job is great and with this recent new promotion I don't have to give any more Dam tours. Okie kids are brats. Say hi to the wife from a fellow Okie.

OK Rondo! The wife sends her howdies, and for your info, "baby Meagan", now twenty, is on her first ship as a cadet from a maritime school in Oregon. Her ship, the "Yaquina"

https://www.nwp.usace.army.mil/op/N/images/lgyaquina.jpg

is stationed in Eureka, California, and Meagan just flew there two days ago to join her first ship as a United States Merchant Marine.

Gets me choked up to say it, as I did the same thing back in 1973 when I was but sixteen years of age...

After she gets off that ship in three months, she will then go back and graduate as a full fledged US Merchant Marine, ready to sail the Seven Seas as I once did so long ago.

My how time flies, eh Rondo? Yeah it does...Love you man. You are one fine Brother. Look fwd to spending Eternity with you...

"Jonny"

Like our ensample in the world, one of the 7th's finest, I also (bullinger) have been ensnared with the cares of this world, bounce-housing from state to state, doing my work for filthy lucre's sake, in all places rebuking them sharply that they may be sound in the workplace. 3 more weeks of this itinerant preacher travelling until (indicates TIME)I am again working from home.

Just sos you all don't think I have forgotten you.